• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

RDK

Smash Hero
Urgh finally finished my uni assignments :)

Looking over the last few pages it's good to see that people agree Bomberman should be able to kick bombs. Been saying it since the old thread.

If the Zero model Bomberman was used I wouldn't buy Brawl. Also, I might do some Bomberman art if i have time. Don't hold your breath though.

@ Deathborne - just realised we have the same birthday.

Bomberman for Brawl.
LMAO, that's such a cool idea, but instead of that, have the walls close in like they did in B64, or have death water rise up and if you fall under the water line, you drown.

His FS still obviously has to be that Atomic Bomb, but that one's a close second. Good job!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
RDK I think you quoted the wrong post lol, I think you meant to quote Sabrewulf238. It is a really original idea.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow, I just realized that.

*PUTS FAIL STICKER ON FOREHEAD*

RDK

Smash Hero
But you can't fail... Don't you have that WIN button installed on you somewhere? Blast! We better make good on that warranty then...
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I am a WIN button, BTW.

There's some major Bomberman hate going on in the Geno thread. This one fanboy is saying that Simon Belmont has a better chance at getting into Brawl than B-man. What utter trash.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Simon having a better chance of getting in? Why the hell would there be two Konami representatives? Someone needs to go kick that noob in the nuts.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I was going to post this in the Geno topic since that's what the convo is about, but RDK can you link me to wherever it states that Hudson is Konami AND Nintendo owned?

I believed Konami own Hudson and Nintendo just work closely with them.

RDK

Smash Hero
I was going to post this in the Geno topic since that's what the convo is about, but RDK can you link me to wherever it states that Hudson is Konami AND Nintendo owned?

I believed Konami own Hudson and Nintendo just work closely with them.
Yeah, lemme see if I can dredge up some official info.....I know there's some strong business correlation between them.

Oops...

I wouldn't mind Simon (behind Bomberman, of course), but Geno (and his fans) is just horrendous.
True. Bomberman is a much bigger gaming icon, and getting him in Brawl would be SO much easier than wrangling with Square for Geno.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Oops...

I wouldn't mind Simon (behind Bomberman, of course), but Geno (and his fans) is just horrendous.
Simon wouldn't be so bad if Snake wasn't in already. If Snake was gone, then yeah sure, go ahead and put Simon in. (Even though if it weren't for Snake being in we probably wouldn't have third party characters to begin with.)

As for Geno. Whether he gets in or not.. Well I'd rather he didn't, but I'd rather he be in there for Square-Enix character than anyone from the Final Fantasy series.

True. Bomberman is a much bigger gaming icon, and getting him in Brawl would be SO much easier than wrangling with Square for Geno.
Quoted for truth.

RDK

Smash Hero
As for Geno. Whether he gets in or not.. Well I'd rather he didn't, but I'd rather he be in there for Square-Enix character than anyone from the Final Fantasy series.
You'd rather have Geno in than Cloud Strife? 0_o

B.W.

Smash Champion
You'd rather have Geno in than Cloud Strife? 0_o
Yes. I hate Cloud. I didn't like Final Fantasy 7 or 8 because I didn't find the characters likeable at all. I liked Final Fantasy 9 though. Mostly because of Zidane's personallity.

But yes, Geno would be better than anyone from the Final Fantasy series. Mostly because he's already worked with Mario.

RDK

Smash Hero
I never thought that FF7 was that good and Cloud is definetly NOT my favorite FF Main character
Lol, that's so weird--FF7 was one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. And I know a lot of other people share that opinion--he's one of the most popular FF characters ever.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yes. I hate Cloud. I didn't like Final Fantasy 7 or 8 because I didn't find the characters likeable at all. I liked Final Fantasy 9 though. Mostly because of Zidane's personallity.

But yes, Geno would be better than anyone from the Final Fantasy series. Mostly because he's already worked with Mario.
I don't think that Geno would be treated entirely as a Square representative if he did in fact get in. He may belong to Suare, but he is still technically a character from the Mario universe. I don't even understand WHY they're so intent on keeping him if they're not going to do ANYTHING with him, not to mention the majority of the team that actually CREATED him have moved on to work at AlphaDream, the team that brought you Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (and thus Geno's cameo appearance in that game)...

And I agree with you completely on the FFVII characters... Ugh... Most overrated game ever IMO...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Lol, that's so weird--FF7 was one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. And I know a lot of other people share that opinion--he's one of the most popular FF characters ever.
I know a lot of people that think of it as the greatest Final Fantasy game ever, and they all think I'm nuts for thinking otherwise. My favorite Final Fantasy game, as I've already stated was IX, mostly because of Zidane. When I look at Cloud I remember how he's all depressed/upset and what not about something that happened, yeah okay fine. But then he goes and lies, and when he finally tells the truth he's still emo-freaking-tastic.

Zidane on the other hand, is a happy little theif with a tail, who doesn't go around wielding some big ***/complicated sword. He has a simple set of daggers. I like him because he's not afraid to be who he is, and he never pushes anyone away (except for near the end when he goes nuts because he finds out he was created to destroy the planet he grew up on. But he ends up getting better, and going back to normal.)

Of course that's just me.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
There should definitely be an old school stage based off the original Bomberman's level layout, essentially brick platforms and destructible crates.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot! Bomberman's already been in a Smash style game, DreamMix TV World Fighters released for the GC and PS2 back in 2003. It was a crossover featuring Hudson, Konami, and Takara characters, and while it was admittedly a poor man's SSB, it still looked like lots of fun. And guess who else was in that game? That's right, Solid Snake. And now that he's in Brawl, makes ya kinda wonder don't it?

Anyways, here's a trailer for the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCKq3q_jeY

And proof of Solid Snake if you don't believe me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlFC4D3cq8

RDK

Smash Hero
That's the banner, Tails.

And about the stage ideas--back in the old B-man thread, there were some pretty good stage ideas. Namely 3D, non-isometric versions of Pyramid and Up & Down from B64. But yeah, the classic B-man stage would work, too.

And DreamMix Fighters wasn't that good of a game....Bomberman (and Snake) still rocked, though, lol.

Oddly, Megatron from Transformers was also in that game. Quite an odd character roster assortment.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The stage on that Snake video is sweet, with the Harrier and everything.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That's the banner, Tails.

And about the stage ideas--back in the old B-man thread, there were some pretty good stage ideas. Namely 3D, non-isometric versions of Pyramid and Up & Down from B64. But yeah, the classic B-man stage would work, too.

And DreamMix Fighters wasn't that good of a game....Bomberman (and Snake) still rocked, though, lol.

Oddly, Megatron from Transformers was also in that game. Quite an odd character roster assortment.
Takara manages the Transformers toyline in Japan - in fact it actually originated over there as the originally separate Diaclone and Micro Change toylines which were combined and re-branded into the Transformers toyline and licensed to Hasbro to distribute to the Western market. But yeah, an interesting roster to say the least.

And yeah, DMTVWF wasn't so great, but considering that Bomberman, like Snake before him, has already had "prior experience" from a somewhat similar game, it shouldn't be too hard to make him Smashworthy, now would it?

RDK

Smash Hero
Bomberman is totally kick-*** in that game. I wonder if there's a rom for it?

What system is it for again?

NVM, it was for the PS2 and the Gamecube. So until they speed up development on the major GCN emulators, you're not going to be able to play it outside Japan. X_X

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It also adds further weight to the argument for his inclusion. SSB style game, with Snake ...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It also adds further weight to the argument for his inclusion. SSB style game, with Snake ...
Even MegaMan's got nothing on him there...

Anyways, it might be a good idea to view some of those DMTVWF videos with Bomberman to get a better idea as to how he would function in Brawl. I've even noticed that Snake retained some of the concepts introduced with that game, namely his mine move...

B.W.

Smash Champion

Anyways, it might be a good idea to view some of those DMTVWF videos with Bomberman to get a better idea as to how he would function in Brawl. I've even noticed that Snake retained some of the concepts introduced with that game, namely his mine move...
Actually Megaman.EXE and Zero from Megaman Zero were both in Onimusha Blade Warriors which was a SSB style game..

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see this thread still prospering! Keep it up!

Maybe you should also put more emphasis on the fact that Bomberman is in the Mario universe like his competitors PacMan and Megaman (Wario Blast! feat. Bomberman).

P.S.- Great job on the banner RDK!

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, Megaman and Zero were secret characters in Capcom's Onimusha Blade Warriors for PS2.

Maybe you should also put more emphasis on the fact that Bomberman is in the Mario universe like his competitors PacMan and Megaman (Wario Blast! feat. Bomberman).
Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm going to make a big list of reasons he has a good shot at Brawl, mainly his strong relations with Nintendo.

It might be a good idea to add that game to the B-Man's resume...
Good idea. That reminds me, we should put Wario Blast up there, too. What year was that released in again?

P.S.- Great job on the banner RDK!
Thanks!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Actually Megaman.EXE and Zero from Megaman Zero were both in Onimusha Blade Warriors which was a SSB style game..
Yeah, but that wasn't on a Nintendo platform, it wasn't the original MegaMan, and he wasn't WITH Snake. :chuckle:

But the first reason I stated is the main reason I didn't mention that title, and it wasn't so much a crossover fighter as it happened to feature some guest fighters (it was an Onimusha game, not a general Capcom crossover). Now I love MegaMan, but his waning loyalty might come into play against him - not that it prevented Snake from appearing in Smash though...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yeah, but that wasn't on a Nintendo platform, it wasn't the original MegaMan, and he wasn't WITH Snake. :chuckle:

But the first reason I stated is the main reason I didn't mention that title, and it wasn't so much a crossover fighter as it happened to feature some guest fighters (it was an Onimusha game, not a general Capcom crossover).
This is true. He wasn't with Snake.. And Onimusha Blade Warriors wasn't on a Nintendo system.

I was just pointing out that Megaman was in a SSB style game, though. Just in case you didn't know.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
This is true. He wasn't with Snake.. And Onimusha Blade Warriors wasn't on a Nintendo system.

I was just pointing out that Megaman was in a SSB style game, though. Just in case you didn't know.
I DID know though, but guest starring in a SSB style ONIMUSHA game that was exclusive to a competitor's console isn't quite the same as staring in a SSB style general crossover title that DID see a release on a Nintendo platform - WITH Snake I might add... (again...) :chuckle: Besides, neither was the MegaMan people actually WANT either...
(The R.M.B. guys hate .EXE's guts- er... circuits- er... coding or whatever the hell it's made out of...)

B.W.

Smash Champion
I DID know though, but guest starring in a SSB style ONIMUSHA game that was exclusive to a competitor's console isn't quite the same as staring in a SSB style general crossover title that DID see a release on a Nintendo platform - WITH Snake I might add... (again...) :chuckle: Besides, neither was the MegaMan people actually WANT either...
(The R.M.B. guys hate .EXE's guts- er... circuits- er... coding or whatever the hell it's made out of...)
Yes, I see your point. I'm not arguing against it, I was just pointing it out.

Also, I don't care much for .EXE either. I like Zero from Megaman Zero quite a bit though.

Garr.....my uber-important post got ignored.....
I saw it. I think...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Garr.....my uber-important post got ignored.....
No, it didn't. And Wario Blast is already listed, but maybe it should be highlighted, as was the FIRST Nintendo third-party crossover title. Score one more for the B-Man!
Yes, I see your point. I'm not arguing against it, I was just pointing it out.

Also, I don't care much for .EXE either. I like Zero from Megaman Zero quite a bit though.
I also love the MegaMan Zero series - it was the only thing going for the franchise for me for some time... and then they had to spin it off into that abominable ZX series... :mad:

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
No, it didn't. And Wario Blast is already listed, but maybe it should be highlighted, as was the FIRST Nintendo third-party crossover title. Score one more for the B-Man!
Wow, was it really the first? Thats yet another point for the White Bomber!

He's gotta be in the game, it wouldnt make sense otherwise...

Top Bottom