• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Tournament was a great B-man game--I don't see why anyone would dislike it. It had great multiplayer, and the Karabons weren't too annoying--in fact, they were almost cool. But once you start getting to games like Jetters or Generation, you want to strangle the people that wrote for those games. >_<
No love for Bomberman Max? I particularly loved how it utilized the GBC's infrared sensing capabilities - and even if you didn't go with the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" mentality, you still had a fun Bomberman game. Didn't really try out Bomberman Max 2, so not sure how well (or not) that faired...
I do agree.. Though I never played Bomberman Max, I did enjoy Tournament... Though the only part I really didn't like in Bomberman Tournament was the whole charabom fights. They were fun at first, but they got boring fast. And I don't recall Megaman.EXE imitating Pokemon/Digimon. Unless you meant the netnavi's. I only ever played Megaman Battle Network 1 and 2.

The only charabom I like is Pommy, but I only liked him in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, and that was before he was a charabom.
Maybe not in execution, but the concept behind it certainly felt like it... From what I was told though, BN1&2 were actually good games, but the series was seriously overkilled from 3 on... Still... It wasn't MY MegaMan, an I really got pissed at all the kids refering to .EXE as THE MegaMan... :mad:

And ah yes, Pommy kicked ***. :chuckle:
Hmm, did anyone bring up the elemental bombs from B64: The Second Attack? Or maybe his Guardian Armor...Maybe a few of those can be implemented?

Good point... If I can recall, he also had an armor upgrade in Bomberman Online for the DC as well, did he not?

RDK

Smash Hero
Good point... If I can recall, he also had an armor upgrade in Bomberman Online for the DC, did he not?
Yeah, it made him look like a fusion between a robot and a samurai or something, lol.

And good point bringing up the Guardian Armor. Alt. costume, anybody? ;)

B.W.

Smash Champion
Hmm, did anyone bring up the elemental bombs from B64: The Second Attack? Or maybe his Guardian Armor...Maybe a few of those can be implemented?

I think I saw the elemental bombs being discussed somewhere. I honestly don't like the whole elemental bomb idea unless maybe there was a chance of him pulling out a random elemental bomb. Like Peach does with the Bomb-omb/Beam Sword/Mr. Saturn/Stitch face.

Also the Guardian Armor does look cool, though the most I see it being used for is an alternate costume if they have them.

Lord_Deathborne said:
No love for Bomberman Max? I particularly loved how it utilized the GBC's infrared sensing capabilities - and even if you didn't go with the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" mentality, you still had a fun Bomberman game. Didn't really try out Bomberman Max 2, so not sure how well (or not) that faired...
Umm.. Max 2 was.. Okay I suppose.. I didn't get too far in that because my little sister decided she was going to let her friend borrow it like the same day I got it and when I went to her friend's house two days later they had let someone else borrow it, so I had no way of getting it back...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, it made him look like a fusion between a robot and a samurai or something, lol.

And good point bringing up the Guardian Armor. Alt. costume, anybody? ;)
TSA! needs some sort of nod IMO... I know we're somewhat in disagreement over whether Bomberman 64 or Bomberman 64: The Second Attack was the better game of the N64 installments, but I think we can pretty much agree that the B64 series was pretty much the high point of the series, along with Bomberman Online. *sigh* The Bomberman series really needs to get back on track, doesn't it? I'd personally like to see the B64 story pick back up...

RDK

Smash Hero
I think I saw the elemental bombs being discussed somewhere. I honestly don't like the whole elemental bomb idea unless maybe there was a chance of him pulling out a random elemental bomb. Like Peach does with the Bomb-omb/Beam Sword/Mr. Saturn/Stitch face.
Yeah, that was the idea of it--that a bomb with random elemental powers is thrown.

TSA! needs some sort of nod IMO... I know we're somewhat in disagreement over whether Bomberman 64 or Bomberman 64: The Second Attack was the better game of the N64 installments, but I think we can pretty much agree that the B64 series was pretty much the high point of the series, along with Bomberman Online. *sigh* The Bomberman series really needs to get back on track, doesn't it? I'd personally like to see the B64 story pick back up...
I definetely agree with you there (the original Bomberman games for the SNES are a given anyway--classics). They started losing it when Generation and Jetters came out for the GC, and then they totally lost it when that atrocious Act Zero hit the X360.

*SIGH* So many good times with B64's multiplayer, and 3 other friends......

B.W.

Smash Champion
I definetely agree with you there (the original Bomberman games for the SNES are a given anyway--classics). They started losing it when Generation and Jetters came out for the GC, and then they totally lost it when that atrocious Act Zero hit the X360.

*SIGH* So many good times with B64's multiplayer, and 3 other friends......
I also agree. Never played Generation (wow I just realized there are a lot of Bomberman games I haven't played), and Jetters was way too easy (they also had charaboms.. Did I mention that I hate charaboms?). The cutscenes were... Okay I suppose.. Not really needed though.

I my favorite Bomberman games were on the N64. Bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero, and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
It's that Jetters anime fault as well as the Jetters game. Bomberman Land Touch! for the DS does seems to be decent because of the online. Also, Bomberman Live for the 360 also has Online multiplayer, with none of that Act Zero stuff. The original Bomberman NES box does sort-of look like Act Zero now that I look at it.

Though that doesn't excuse it from being a bad game of course. Megaman and a few others NES game case art looked nothing like them in the game itself.

RDK

Smash Hero
It's that Jetters anime fault as well as the Jetters game. Bomberman Land Touch! for the DS does seems to be decent because of the online. Also, Bomberman Live for the 360 also has Online multiplayer, with none of that Act Zero stuff. The original Bomberman NES box does sort-of look like Act Zero now that I look at it.
When I first saw the boxart for that one, it reminded me of Samus.

And LOL @ the Megaman boxart. The earlier ones were so weird.

B.W.

Smash Champion

-insert image here-

Though that doesn't excuse it from being a bad game of course.[/IMG]
I was looking at that too actually, and I think that's probably where they got the idea for the Act Zero look. Still, nobody cares about that look anymore and if they were trying to bring it back then I think it's safe to say they failed.

Bomberman should never have to change from his awesome, small, no mouthed form.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I my favorite Bomberman games were on the N64. Bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero, and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.
Favorites? Oh boy... flashback time... My first real multiplayer Bomberman experience, interestingly enough, was with Bomberman GB (GB 2 in Japan). It was Super Gameboy compatible, which allowed us to play with only ONE cartridge (old school Gameboy required EACH player to have a cartridge of the same game if you wanted to play 2-4 player...) on a BIG screen - a big deal for Gameboy games back in the day. Needless to say we had a BLAST (lol cliche) and wasted God knows how many hours on the multiplayer. Then we got Atomic Bomberman for the PC, and with that flamboyant bombastically lame announcer shouting out the title on the launch window, we knew the game was gonna kick some serious *** - and that it did. I also played quite a bit of Super Bomberman 2 at my cousin's house whenever we happened to visit. That pretty much sums up how I came to fall in love with the series, but it was the N64 games that transformed it into near obsession... :grin:
I was looking at that too actually, and I think that's probably where they got the idea for the Act Zero look. Still, nobody cares about that look anymore and if they were trying to bring it back then I think it's safe to say they failed.

Bomberman should never have to change from his awesome, small, no mouthed form.
Act Zero was a crime against humanity and bomberkind alike... :mad:

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I agree. The N64 games got me irrevocably hooked on bomberman and since one of the early editions has come out on the Virtual Console I have been playing up a storm with my friends; the pure, old school way.

RDK

Smash Hero
Bomberman 64 was such a success in my book because it did a good job of upgrading the Bomberman concept from 2D to 3D (faithfully! *GLARES AT ACT ZERO*), without making too much of a change. The isometric angle was genius.

Plus, those multiplayer levels were just too fun with other people.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Favorites? Oh boy... flashback time... My first real multiplayer Bomberman experience, interestingly enough, was with Bomberman GB (GB 2 in Japan). It was Super Gameboy compatible, which allowed us to play with only ONE cartridge (old school Gameboy required EACH player to have a cartridge of the same game if you wanted to play 2-4 player...) on a BIG screen - a big deal for Gameboy games back in the day. Needless to say we had a BLAST (lol cliche) and wasted God knows how many hours on the multiplayer. Then we got Atomic Bomberman for the PC, and with that flamboyant bombastically lame announcer shouting out the title on the launch window, we knew the game was gonna kick some serious *** - and that it did. I also played quite a bit of Super Bomberman 2 at my cousin's house whenever we happened to visit. That pretty much sums up how I came to fall in love with the series, but it was the N64 games that transformed it into near obsession... :grin:
That was an excellent story. I remember being obsessed with the multi player since the first Super Bomberman and I also liked the fact that you could do two player co-op (a feature I missed quote a bit in Super Bomberman 2).

But the N64 multi-player modes are the best by far. Bomberman Jetters multi-player was horrible...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That was an excellent story. I remember being obsessed with the multi player since the first Super Bomberman and I also liked the fact that you could do two player co-op (a feature I missed quote a bit in Super Bomberman 2).

But the N64 multi-player modes are the best by far. Bomberman Jetters multi-player was horrible...
Why thank you, kind sir. I remember a lot of people raving about Super Bomberman back in the day, though I unfortunately didn't find out for myself until fairly recently... >.<

And LOL @ Jetters. Last gen seemed to be a low point for a lot of established series, with Metroid being a notable exception.

RDK

Smash Hero
LOL. Last gen seemed to be a low point for a lot of established series, with Metroid being a notable exception.
The GC you mean? No kidding. Not to mention the explosion of Mario Party games. There was literally a new one every other month.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The GC you mean? No kidding. Not to mention the explosion of Mario Party games. There was literally a new one every other month.
Not just on the GC... Sony's PS1 franchises went down the ****ter as the PS2 rolled out and thus went multiplatform (I'm expecting the same to happen to Jak, Ratchet, and Sly Cooper fairly soon...), Castlevania's console attempts hurt pretty bad and I don't think I need to mention the situation with Mega Man or Sonic... But yeah, last gen was good for new or recent franchises, bad for established ones...

And yes, I'm surprised we're not already at Mario Party 10...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Not just on the GC... Sony's PS1 franchises went down the ****ter as the PS2 rolled out and thus went multiplatform (I'm expecting the same to happen to Jak, Ratchet, and Sly Cooper fairly soon...), Castlevania's console attempts hurt pretty bad and I don't think I need to mention the situation with Mega Man or Sonic... But yeah, last gen was good for new or recent franchises, bad for established ones...

And yes, I'm surprised we're not already at Mario Party 10...
With Mario Party 8 being as bad as it was (despite the fact that there were a lot of things that could have made it fantastic), we may be lucky enough for there to not be anymore Mario Party games.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mario Pary sucks period, Smash FTW!! but anyway I'm am curious to find out what Bomberman villain would most likely appear (as an AT or in SE) if he were in

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The best Mario Party in my opinion was Mario Party 2. I only own all Mario Parties for N64 everything passed that sucked.
I thought Mario Party 1-4 were good(MP4 being the last good one in the series.) I wouldn't mind seeing Bomber Man in brawl, but it'd be weird to see him fight since I've never seen him punch or kick or anything. His punch moved would probably be svery short distance bomb throws and kicks short distance bomb kicks haha cuz I can't really imagine Bomber Man Kickin *** With his fist. I hope they prove me wrong by putting him in. :chuckle:

SonicMario

Smash Master
For some characters. Not much can be imagined using fists.

Who could have imagined Sonic carrying a Ray Gun or a Lightsaber Beam Sword?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
For some characters. Not much can be imagined using fists.

Who could have imagined Sonic carrying a Ray Gun or a Lightsaber Beam Sword?

Ya Ya true....but with Bomber Man I have a difficult time picturing it more than all the others characters.

RDK

Smash Hero
Mario Pary sucks period, Smash FTW!! but anyway I'm am curious to find out what Bomberman villain would most likely appear (as an AT or in SE) if he were in
Probably someone like Altair or Regulus. That would be the t!ts.

Anybody have ideas for a Bomberman AT? One of the bad guys perhaps?
One idea was Louie the Kangaroo, or the infamous Virus item.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Ya Ya true....but with Bomber Man I have a difficult time picturing it more than all the others characters.
Ever played Bomberman Land Touch!? There's a minigame which involves White punching and kicking bombs.

Regarding Mario Party: 4 & 5 were okay. I've never owned any of the 64 ones, and don't remember much from when I rented 3.
My friends had a freakishly fun time with Bowser's Bigger Blast.

RDK

Smash Hero
Hopefully Sakurai doesn't go with the latest Zero model. Nah, he wouldn't.

Would he?
Hell no. That would be an abomination, and a slap to the face of B-man fans everywhere. Plus, Sakurai is going for a more classic-y look for all the characters (at least for Mario and Sonic, and probably MM--assuming he makes it), so I can't see Sakurai putting in any other form of Bomberman than the Classic.

And about the Mario Parties: I liked 3, 4, and 6. 5 was terrible, as was 7 (the worst of the series, IMO), and 8 was decent. They could've done a much better job with 8, though, considering it's on the freaking Wii.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'm thinking that there should be an Event Match (provided those are coming back...) where Bomberman has to defeat the Act Zero model, kinda like the Link vs. Shadow Link Event match in Melee... That'd be fun... :chuckle:

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm thinking that there should be an Event Match (provided those are coming back...) where Bomberman has to defeat the Act Zero model, kinda like the Link vs. Shadow Link Event match in Melee... That'd be fun... :chuckle:
Lol--Save the world, and purget the earth from evil!

RDK

Smash Hero
I was thinking "Defeat the Impostor" or "Crush the Infamy" would be good titles for such an Event Match... :grin:
Kudos for the awesome Event Match titles. Lol, crush the infamy.

Earlier today, there was some major B-man hate going on in the 3rd party characters thread. Most of it was just n00bs, but nonetheless, you should go check it out.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Urgh finally finished my uni assignments :)

Looking over the last few pages it's good to see that people agree Bomberman should be able to kick bombs. Been saying it since the old thread.

If the Zero model Bomberman was used I wouldn't buy Brawl. Also, I might do some Bomberman art if i have time. Don't hold your breath though.

@ Deathborne - just realised we have the same birthday.

Bomberman for Brawl.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope Bomberman makes it in, I think his final smash should something to do with....you know when time is nearly up in a bomberman battle and the metal blocks appear at the corners? Well I think a couple of them should appear and start moving wildly around the screen and anyone who gets hit by them gets knocked very far back and gets big damage.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That's actually quite an original idea but I just don't see it being pulled off effectively. Would the blocks appear randomly or would the player have some control over them, because if they were to just move about it might be predictable.

It's an original idea, but I still prefer the red bomb.

Top Bottom