• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

B.W.

Smash Champion
I also love the MegaMan Zero series - it was the only thing going for the franchise for me for some time... and then they had to spin it off into that abominable ZX series... :mad:
ZX wasn't all that bad. It's better than that spin off of the Battle Network series. It still keeps the classic gameplay, and it was pretty freakin' hard too.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
ZX wasn't all that bad. It's better than that spin off of the Battle Network series. It still keeps the classic gameplay, and it was pretty freakin' hard too.
Forgive me for my blasphemy, but i actually liked the Battle network series, not necessarily because it is classic megaman. I think it is pretty clear that they just "shoehorned" a megaman theme into it to attract people to a fairly new and unconventional style of play. And that is just it, it was fun and rewarding to build up sweet strats to beat down the incredibly cheap (I'm looking at you, Bass) enemies that you encounter.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
w-h-y d-o y-o-u p-e-p-o-l-e c-o-m-e h-e-r-e j-u-s-t t-o s-h-o-o-t a-l-l o-f u-s d-o-w-n t-h-a-t-s g-r-e-a-t
y-o-u t-h-i-n-k m-e-g-a-m-a-n i-s b-e-s-t f-o-r b-r-a-w-l w-e l-i-k-e b-o-m-b-e-r-m-a--n g-o t-o t-h-e
m-a-g-a-m-a-n t-h-r-e-a-d

my bad had some computer prob's won't hapen agin i hope

RDK

Smash Hero
why do you pepole come here just to shoot all of us down thats great
you think megaman is best for brawl we like bomberman go to the
magaman thread
.....what are you talking about?

We were talking about how Bomberman was in DreamMix. And somehow that led to Onimusha Blade Warriors, which thne somehow led to .EXE-bashing, and then people started talking about MM.

Nobody was bashing Bomberman. But we should get back on topic.

Bomberman 4 Brawl.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Forgive me for my blasphemy, but i actually liked the Battle network series, not necessarily because it is classic megaman. I think it is pretty clear that they just "shoehorned" a megaman theme into it to attract people to a fairly new and unconventional style of play. And that is just it, it was fun and rewarding to build up sweet strats to beat down the incredibly cheap (I'm looking at you, Bass) enemies that you encounter.
I liked Megaman Battle Network 1 and 2. After that I lost interest.

magaman thread
I'm not here to shoot anyone down. I've been here discussing Bomberman since page 6. Our conversation just kinda spun off from Bomberman being in Dream Mix to Megaman being in Onimusha, and now it's just a friendly discussion of what Megaman games we like, not that we think he'd be better for Brawl.

We were talking about how Bomberman was in DreamMix. And somehow that led to Onimusha Blade Warriors, which thne somehow led to .EXE-bashing, and then people started talking about MM.

Bomberman 4 Brawl.
Yes, I suppose we should be getting back on topic now. We're here to support the master of explosions, not the blue bomber.

Bomberman for Brawl all the way. (Megaman can get in too if they want to put him in, but only after Bomberman.)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'll agree that it isn't necessarily a bad game series per se, but it's a definite far cry from the Zero series that it's supposed to succeed - it's kinda like comparing Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger or Yoshi's Story to Yoshi's Island...
magaman thread
Eh? I wasn't aware of any bashing of Bomberman...

Bomberman 4 Brawl.
Whoops... Guess I better get back on topic then... :p

Bomberman FTW!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Ideally both MM & BM will be in and I honestly think it could happen.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ideally both MM & BM will be in and I honestly think it could happen.
Yes--in an ideal world, that would happen. We already have Sonic--now all we need are the White and Blue Bombers to round out the 3rd-party group.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think it's possible though. When it comes to third party I don't think people mind how many of the "Amazing" and "Classic" third party characters that appeared on nintendo consoles and if they do they shouldn't.

Characters Like Megaman, Bomberman and Sonic shouldn't be grouped in with the likes of (no offense to anyone who likes them) Sora, Spyro and crash bandicoot these just havn't had a succesful enough life on nintendo consoles(and I mean really successful, the type that makes a character be remembered for years to come)

Simply because those three are the most successful 3rd partys to appear on an nintendo console and all three deserve to be classed as Nintendo aswell as third party.

RDK

Smash Hero
He had technical difficulties, apparently.

To get some discussion going on in this thread, here's a question for everyone: how do you counter someone when they use the old "Bomberman is a boring character. He's just a regular man who throws bombs?" argument? I've been getting this a lot recently, and I'm just curious what you all say to something like this.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I believe the throwing bombs part would be about the moveset, while the boring part can fit on Ike being a normal swordman like most Fantasy RPGs.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
ohh yea and i cinda notied something with the newcomers it goes third party then not then
3rd then not so mabey the next 3rd party is the next newcomer

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Sure, why not? If either Isaac or this guy made it in, I'd love it so much.

Bomberman is my favorite video game character of all time.

Bomberman for Brawl!

RDK

Smash Hero
So... Any other ideas? Did the DMTVWF footage give anyone new insights as to how the B-Man might function in Brawl?
Actually, I didn't like how B-man handled in DMTV, besides maybe his A-attacks. In order to lay bombs, it looked like he had to stop and lay them, which left him open for attack--unless a total n00b was using him or something. And plus, it looked like it took a while for the bombs to explode, giving enemies (competent or otherwies) plenty of time to get the hell outta there. A little ineffective.

I did like his look, though. Pretty badass. :lick:

I believe the throwing bombs part would be about the moveset, while the boring part can fit on Ike being a normal swordman like most Fantasy RPGs.
That's a good counter. Usually I just disregard the whole "cool" or "boring" argument, because things like "cool" and "boring" are subjective.

Sure, why not? If either Isaac or this guy made it in, I'd love it so much.

Bomberman is my favorite video game character of all time.

Bomberman for Brawl!
Yay, another supporter!

Patinator

Smash Champion
The main reasons I want Bomberman in Brawl? Well, one, he's robotic. Two, he's about the only character to have balls for hands and on his head. And three, I just LOVE things that go...

ESPLODE!!!1!1! :tnt::burst:

Yes, I'm crazy. :psycho:

Bomberman for Brawl! I LIKE BOMBZ!

B.W.

Smash Champion
Patinator: Glad to see you love Bomberman.. But he's not a robot...

The whole Bomberman is a normal boring character can be countered with the whole Ike thing. But I don't think people realize that he blows crap up. How can blowing something up not be fun?

People that say that he's a boring character either haven't played Bomberman, or they just suck at arguing.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace

The whole Bomberman is a normal boring character can be countered with the whole Ike thing. But I don't think people realize that he blows crap up. How can blowing something up not be fun?

People that say that he's a boring character either haven't played Bomberman, or they just suck at arguing.
blowing up stuff is alway fun

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, yeah, he is a robot.

Someone doesn't know their B-man history. 0_o Lol.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
you know how megaman and geno have a clan of big fans (pun not intended)
well we thot of haveing 1 for bomberman so we do pretty much what your
doing come up with cool idels and hope for his update

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Bomberman is pure win. Has anyone discussed animal companions yet or was that shot down some time ago?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Do you mean Karabombs? The name eludes me at the moment, since I try to think Pommy is the only 'animal' Bomberman knows.

Sure, I'd like to join, it would be quite fun. I can't see what's the harm in it.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Do you mean Karabombs? The name eludes me at the moment, since I try to think Pommy is the only 'animal' Bomberman knows.

Sure, I'd like to join, it would be quite fun. I can't see what's the harm in it.
well talk to RDK tomarow i'm sure he'll let u in seems like he liked your ideals to

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Actually, yeah, he is a robot.

Someone doesn't know their B-man history. 0_o Lol.
What is bomberman's history? I know he is a robot and all , so that means he must have had a creator. and was the black/blue/red bomber created by the same guy? I think every good character has a back story so we should get the word out on how awesome bomberman is in and out of his games.

BTW: how do you upload those support images in your sigs? I want to show support for bomberman, but I have never been able to use those images. please help.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
First and foremost, do you happen to have the URL of the pictures you want to upload? If not, I suggest you upload them up onto imageshack or something like it. Then there will be a line you can copy to paste on your signature that will display the picture.

RDK

Smash Hero
Bomber Jet ftw!

It was always my favorite. Maybe as a character entrance?
If you look at the old movesets, B-man's space ship, the jet, and Sirius have all been possible and well-liked entrances.

Bomberman is pure win. Has anyone discussed animal companions yet or was that shot down some time ago?
You mean Karabons? Ugh.

The whole Karabons in the moveset idea is a dumb one. Most everyone agrees that his moveset should stick solely to bombs.

What is bomberman's history? I know he is a robot and all , so that means he must have had a creator. and was the black/blue/red bomber created by the same guy? I think every good character has a back story so we should get the word out on how awesome bomberman is in and out of his games.
I'll see if I can dredge up some info on Wikipedia for the first post.

BTW: how do you upload those support images in your sigs? I want to show support for bomberman, but I have never been able to use those images. please help.
Go to your control panel and click on the "signature" link. Then, just post the image you want on Photobucket or another image hosting site, or you could just copy the link from someone else. Then put it in your signature space.

Top Bottom