• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
ok, bomberman seems like he has the moveset, but does he have a stage?
what are some stages the little guy would use?
There's one at the bottom of my moveset, which I will be updating reposting soon(ish). Basically, you fight on top of the columns of classic Bomberman games.
As for the other stages, I really like Up & Down. Pyramid is meh. The rest don't interest me at all.
Also, I think we should find someone who's really good at spriting to make one of those stages into a 2D Brawl stage to post on the first page.
Well, I do have my own sprite comic series (check my sig
plugplugplugplugplugplug
) but I'm pretty much swamped in homework and personal obligations, so I can't do it.
Really though, it doesn't have to be sprited. Someone could easily draw it. And even if it is, we don't need an expert: Just make some tiles and assemble them.

Join teh Revolution! *runs*

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
I'd like to join the Bomb Squad as well. Do I get to blow stuff up?! :tnt::burst::rocket::bigrocket:laser:

How many Nintendo-console Bomberman adventure games are there? I have Bomberman 64 (The one with Altair, not the other one, whatever it is), Bomberman Hero, and 64 the Second Attack. I've heard that's it for Nintendo...
yea theres a few who want to join

but you have to ask RDK if you want to be in the rest of us can't do nothing

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord

@ Tails_for_Brawl
At the bottom of your posts is a button that says "Edit." If you click it, your post will turn into a grey box with a black box inside containing your post. This allows you to make changes to your post to include anything you forgot to say or to fix grammar/spelling. When you're done, click the button at the bottom that says "Save" to put your post back to normal, except now with the changes. Mods also have the ability to change your posts.
On a related not, you can see when the last edit was and who it was by and sometimes why it was edited by looking at the italics between the buttons and sig of someone's post.
Hope this helps you out.

RDK

Smash Hero
Alright.....someone needs to go back in the thread and look for everyone who requested to be in the clan, so I can add them to the list. >_<

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Really quick job...

Don't know why it came out so dark. If you guys give me ideas as to what to draw I'll do what I can.

RDK

Smash Hero
That's a great pic, man. Where have I seen that pose before? Was it from Bomberman Land?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Just got it from Google, don't know where it's from.

I was thinking of drawing Snake, Sonic and Bomberman.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Total win. Like, a lot.

Now I'm angry at you. It was so awesome, you helped me procrastinate on doing my IS Terms for history by making me color it:

It's all your fault! I certainly would have been doing them otherwise! Nevermind the fact that I really shouldn't be on here anyways!

I think we should go somewhere with those codenames. I have 3 ideas:
1: We pick a word to describe us and follow it with "Bomber." In this case I would obviously be Cube Bomber.
2: We follow the recent games and pick an adjective and a color. Here I would be Fractured Orange.
3: We merge the two, so I'd be Fractured Orange the Cube Bomber.

Personally, I prefer #2.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Thanks for the feedback. Tell me what you would like to see drawn and I'll try my best.

@ Cube. I like your colouring, what did you use? Both #1 and #2 sound sweet.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
As off-topic as this can be... a few years ago I was trying to make a Bomberman-type game on RPG Maker (You make games on it.). It turned out pretty well, but too laggy, because I had to add NINE elemental stones, and Pommy, in humongous maps. I just thought I'd bring that up.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
As off-topic as this can be... a few years ago I was trying to make a Bomberman-type game on RPG Maker (You make games on it.). It turned out pretty well, but too laggy, because I had to add NINE elemental stones, and Pommy, in humongous maps. I just thought I'd bring that up.
*twighlight theme plays*
Was there perhaps a cube shaped one? Or a red star shaped one? Or a... Tails... shaped one?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
No, I added the regular ones from the Second Attack...

Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning, Earth, Light, Shadow.

I added the Celestial stone, and called the Bombs Chaos Bombs...

I also made up one called the Venom stone, which called upon Poison Bombs.

I had nine in all. I wouldn't DARE make more. It was basicly a Bomberman Tournament + Bomberman 64 the Second Attack, with a pretty unique story that I made up, and a little more gameplay mechanics.

I called it Bomberman Galaxy if you must know.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Thanks. I'll see if I can draw something later tonight. Tell me what you would like to see though.

@ Cube - I had Photoshop but the laptop I had it on died :(

Bomberman for Brawl.

RDK

Smash Hero
Alright, the pic's up!

And the codename thing sounds cool. Assuming we're using #1, I guess I'm Red Bomber.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Earth Bomber would be cool, though a bit too much like yours...

Light Bomber sounds nice, if I can't have the other one.

One day, I'll photoshop Pit's wings on Bomberman. >_<

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
every day that goes by I'm becoming more and more confident that Bomberman is in brawl.

- He has nothing really going against him, if someone were to say he wouldn't have a moveset *points to first page of this thread*

- While it may not mean anything theres a composer for Bomberman generations working on the game

- Wario does not use warioware's trademark symbol, the Wario Bomb, I see no reason why not unless theres already a bomb icon in the game.

- Nintendo getting on very well with Hudson

- Bomberman has had countless games on nintendo consoles as the first post shows.

It's starting to look very interesting when it comes to Bomberman being in brawl and I think I'm almost confident to even call him a shoe-in. (not yet but very close)

RDK

Smash Hero
As soon as everyone comes up with their codenames, I'll post them on the front page.

And we need to come up with some more pro-Bomberman points for the arguments section.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well you can use mine if they're good enough, I'll think of some more......

- Bomberman and Wario once appeared in a game together, which shows Nintendo are not afraid to mix bomberman with nintendo characters.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
so far we have

Red bomber-RDK

Ice bomber-Tails For Brawl

Light bomber-rubydragon

Cube bomber-cube

Night bomber-IllidR

Ninth bomber-~N9NE~

Sponge bomber-Sabrewulf238

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Let's see... more reasons on why Bomberman would be fit for Brawl...?

There really aren't many more. It all depends on who Sakurai thinks deserves the final slot.

It's either the Blue Bomber, or the white one, and I hope Sakurai doesn't do alternative costumes as original characters, if you catch my drift.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'll be the Ninth Bomber.

About adding arguments to the first page. Those two arguments I wrote are the most common ones, don't really see any other arguments being used against him.

It looks like I will have time to draw something tonight, any picture anyone really wants me to draw?

RDK

Smash Hero
You guys should draw more pictures like the Bomberman / Waluigi one on the first page, involving Bomberman pwning other characters (3rd party or otherwise).

Here's one I quickly drew up about the random Ridley discussion going on in his thread:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's an elimination game called "the eliminator" and while I wouldn't usally be bothered about it this but it looks good and guess what? Bomberman may soon be eliminated :(.

also if we're having nicknames......If we make them up ourselves I'll be Sponge Bomber. :p

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'll start a picture like that Waluigi one, will take me awhile though. I saw that eliminator thread aswell but ignored it but if Bomberman's about to be eliminated I'll show my support.

@ Tails do you have a bigger pic

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I'm a playa, I'm a playa, oh oh oh I'm a playa! Yeah, Techa Nina is a playa.

Sorry about that, N9ne's name brought memories back. Bomberman for brawl!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Doesn't matter about any silly eliminator game anyway, I know Bomberman will be in brawl! (I don't actually know but you get the point)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I like the first pic you showed more, I'll have a go at that one first.

Top Bottom