• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
so far we have codenames make one if your not on this list

Red bomber-RDK

Ice bomber-Tails For Brawl

Light bomber-rubydragon

Cube bomber-cube

Night bomber-IllidR

Ninth bomber-~N9NE~

Sponge bomber-Sabrewulf238

B.W.

Smash Champion
Codenames? Hmm... I'll have to think on that. In the mean time, I've got Bomberman art somewhere around here.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I've come across a philosophical Bomber-plight:
Will we allow new members to the Bomb Squad after Bomberman is confirmed? I kinda think only those who were loyal since the beginning should have such an honor.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So....am I allowed in this bomb squad? or is there certain requirments?

I 100% believe bomberman will be in brawl and I know I shouldn't get too sure but all the signs are there and there's nothing in his way :chuckle:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ Sabre Ask RDK to be in the squad.

@ Tails please stop double/triple posting. Use the edit function Cube showed you.

@ Cube. When/if Bomberman is confirmed this thread will combust, so yeah plenty of people will ask to join. I don't want people just jumping on the bandwagon.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
@ Cube. When Bomberman is confirmed this thread will combust, so yeah plenty of people will ask to join. I don't want jump on the bandwagon people asking to join either.
Had a spelling mistake. Fixed it. [/hilarious optimism]

Nice to have you aboard, Sabre. There are some requirements:
1. You have to want Bomberman in Brawl
2. You have to think of a name ([word] Bomber)
3. RDK has to notice your post and add you to the list
4. (Currently unofficial) You have to join before Bomberman is announced
5. You must be *this* tall

why the flying ********************* is geno more popular than bomberman? geno sucks, period.
Seriously. If people want someone from SMRPG (which wasn't a godd game) so much, why not a GOOD character? Like Bowser.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ok

1. You have to want Bomberman in Brawl - I do I do! :chuckle:
2. You have to think of a name ([word] Bomber) - I have one: Sponge Bomber
3. RDK has to notice your post and add you to the list - I sent him a pm :)
4. (Currently unofficial) You have to join before Bomberman is announced - check!
5. You must be *this* tall - uh....check ;)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Wow my brain must have been dead when I wrote that :chuckle: made absolutely no sense... anyway it's fixed.

@ omfgomfg: I don't understand the scale of Geno's popularity, but let's not anger the Geno supporters for no reason.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be honest I havn't a clue why Geno is so popular either, I've just accepted it now and I'm not against him but I'm not for him either.

Geno is a living Doll

Bomberman is a robot.....with Bombs....that hurt

So..... Bomberman > Geno (think thats how it's done, might be wrong though.)

I never knew Bomberman was a robot till yesterday either...but it says on wiki that after the game he was robot in he became....human or whatever is the closest thing to human in the bomberman world :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be honest I havn't a clue why Geno is so popular either, I've just accepted it now and I'm not against him but I'm not for him either.

Geno is a living Doll

Bomberman is a robot.....with Bombs....that hurt

So..... Bomberman > Geno (think thats how it's done, might be wrong though.)
Geno is possessed by an angellic being from the aether....

so Geno>Bomberman

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
SMRPG was a good game. It was great, actually.

Geno, on the other hand, wasn't so great. I also can't understand why he's so popular. I guess people just like dolls with weapons or something.

Geno isn't even the main character of his game, so I doubt he'd be the potential Square/Soft/Enix character, though if he is 2 1/2 party, he may just be in there as another Mario rep.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SMRPG was a good game. It was great, actually.

Geno, on the other hand, wasn't so great. I also can't understand why he's so popular. I guess people just like dolls with weapons or something.

Geno isn't even the main character of his game, so I doubt he'd be the potential Square/Soft/Enix character, though if he is 2 1/2 party, he may just be in there as another Mario rep.
Duh, he'd be a Mario rep...Who the hell cares if he is the main character or not?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Geno is possessed by angels.....angels are good and peaceful

Bomberman is not possesed and can easily blow anyone he wants to pieces

So.....Bomberman > Geno

But I think there's enough room in brawl for both of them :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is possessed by angels.....angels are good and peaceful

Bomberman is not possesed and can easily blow anyone he wants to pieces

So.....Bomberman > Geno

But I think there's enough room in brawl for both of them :chuckle:
Now, where did you get the idea angels were peaeful...every heard of the wrath of God?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
If he's going to take up a third party slot, it makes all the difference, at least to me.

Why would Square choose a character that has been in one or two games, max, and isn't even as important as characters like Sora (I don't want this guy in either, but at least he was the star role in his game). Geno, on the other hand, was a secondary role. The game wasn't Super Geno RPG, it was Super Mario RPG. Though frankly, I can't see Square taking up that last third party slot anyway. I can see Geno as a Mario rep though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be honest I'm not really bothered about all this bomberman's better than geno or geno's better than bomberman.

Well Angel's are most well known for not being blood thirsty monsters that murder people.

How about this...

Bomberman = Geno

That's the best compromize I can think of :)

By the way I think Nintendo actually own the rights to Geno, after all Geno appeared as a cameo in superstar saga

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If he's going to take up a third party slot, it makes all the difference, at least to me.

Why would Square choose a character that has been in one or two games, max, and isn't even as important as characters like Sora (I don't want this guy in either, but at least he was the star role in his game). Geno, on the other hand, was a secondary role. The game wasn't Super Geno RPG, it was Super Mario RPG. Though frankly, I can't see Square taking up that last third party slot anyway. I can see Geno as a Mario rep though.
There is no set limit for any specific amount of characters

I also don't care if he was a main character or not

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Nope, that won't quench the thirst of Geno fanatics, for them it has to be...

Gone>Everyone.

I never once said I hated Geno, I dislike him, and I really don't doubt his inclusion, but I do as a third party character.

I believe Sakurai stated that the game would have 2-3 3rd Party characters, max. He may surprise us with one more, but I'm not so sure...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well what about Megaman fanatics or Ridley fanatics. Geno's fanbase is kinda small compared to them powerhouse fanbases.

also when sakurai said there would be two - three 3rd partys he said maybe at the end and he also said that ages ago. He may easily have changed his mind when he had the chance to properly evaluate the 3rd party characters

Anyway....is this thread about Bomberman or is it about Geno?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Well what about Megaman fanatics or Ridley fanatics. Geno's fanbase is kinda small compared to them powerhouse fanbases.

Anyway....is this thread about Bomberman or is it about Geno?
Pretty sure it's about Bomberman, though I suppose it should be about Bomberman blasting Geno and any other third-party member that stands in his way.

Bomberman for Brawl!

B.W.

Smash Champion
Why stop at level 9? We'll go past the limit! Because Bomberman's power level is too great for any other third-party character to handle.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Level nine is the maximum though. If there's more, then I'll train B-man up to that level. The only other thing is online, but I doubt everyone could win every game.

RDK

Smash Hero
Patinator and Sabrewulf have been added to the Bomb Squad. Is there anyone else I missed?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My favorite Bomberman game.....would have to be Bomberman 64 not only did it have a very fun main game it had IMO one of the best battle games in any bomberman game, I loved the isometric view too.

What's everyone else's favorite bomberman game?

The most recent bomberman game I have is bomberman DS, the main game is decent but it really shines when you come to multiplayer mode :cool:

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Bomberman 64 the Second Attack has my vote.

I LOVED that game, I have no idea why it's so unpopular. It had a wonderful story, and gameplay mechanics that are the father of most gameplay mechanics for Bomberman games today. I wish it were longer though, but I loved that game, nonetheless, one of my favorite video games of all time.

Top Bottom