• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
The only arguments I've ever heard are about his moveset and Megaman getting in over him.
As for the Megaman one, there are those crackpot ideas of mine, plus the fact that it's not impossible for there to be 2 more 3rd parties.

Careful though, the cake might be explosive aswell.
Cake is cake.

EDIT: Whoo! Second page!

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
I so want him in brawl, more than megaman, really, he is just too iconic, and his inclusion in brawl woudl be awesome, i hope he makes the cut.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Cool but I am not sure I can join. I'm not much of a Bomberman fan. I like the Bomberman games. But I don't wholeheartedly love it. And I usually liek the bomberman games for the crazy multiplayer. Not the single player 0_0

(This post is irrevlevent if you were not asking me)

RDK

Smash Hero
Cool but I am not sure I can join. I'm not much of a Bomberman fan. I like the Bomberman games. But I don't wholeheartedly love it. And I usually liek the bomberman games for the crazy multiplayer. Not the single player 0_0
Pfff, no one plays the B-man games for the single player. The multiplayer is where it's at.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
This could be his icon or face thingy (remember those small icons that were on a ssbb site update???)

He also could use the animals, dinasours and others that he used to use on some games like the racing one:

Worst bomberman game ever:

This coudl eb one alt costume:

He is just awesome:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Might want to add this on the first post:

BOMBERMAN APPEARANCES ON NINTENDO CONSOLES​
Bomberman, 1987, NES

Atomic Punk, 1991, Game Boy

Bomberman II, 1992, NES

Super Bomberman, 1993, SNES

Super Bomberman 2, 1994, SNES

Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!, 1994, Game Boy
[Known as Bomberman GB in Japan]

Panic Bomber, 1995, Virtual Boy

Super Bomberman 3, 1995, SNES

Bomberman GB 2, 1995, Game Boy
[Known as Bomberman GB in North America]

Bomberman GB 3, 1996, Game Boy (Japan Only)

Super Bomberman 4, 1996, Super Famicom (Japan Only)

Bomberman 64, 1997, N64

Super Bomberman 5, 1997, Super Famicom (Japan Only)

Bomberman Hero, 1998, N64

Pocket Bomberman, 1998, Game Boy / Game Boy Color

Bomberman Quest, 1999, Game Boy Color

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, 2000, N64

Bomberman Max, 2000, Game Boy Color

Bomberman 64, 2001, N64 (Japan only)
[Not related to 1997 release]

Bomberman Tournament, 2001, Game Boy Advance

Bomberman Jetters, 2002, Gamecube

Bomberman Max 2, 2002, Game Boy Advance

Bomberman Jetters, 2002, Game Boy Advance (Japan Only)

Bomberman Generation, 2003, Gamecube

Bomberman Land 2, 2003, GameCube (Japan Only)

Bomberman DS, 2005, Nintendo DS

Hudson Best Collection Vol. 1 - Bomberman Collection, 2005, Game Boy Advance (Japan Only)

Bomberman Land Touch!, 2006, Nintendo DS

Bomberman Story DS, 2007, Nintendo DS

Bomberman Land Wii, 2007, Wii

Bomberman Land Touch! 2, Jan. 2008, Nintendo DS

Bomberman (Wii), TBA, Wii (WiiWare)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Might want to add this on the first post:

BOMBERMAN APPEARANCES ON NINTENDO CONSOLES
(excluding Japan only)​
Bomberman, 1987, NES

Atomic Punk, 1991, Game Boy

Bomberman II, 1992, NES

Super Bomberman, 1993, SNES

Super Bomberman 2, 1994, SNES

Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!, 1994, Game Boy

Super Bomberman 3, 1995, SNES

Bomberman GB 2, 1995, Game Boy

Bomberman 64, 1997, N64

Bomberman Hero, 1998, N64

Pocket Bomberman, 1998, Game Boy / Game Boy Color

Bomberman Quest, 1999, Game Boy Color

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, 2000, N64

Bomberman Max, 2000, Game Boy Color

Bomberman Tournament, 2001, Game Boy Advance

Bomberman Jetters, 2002, Gamecube

Bomberman Max 2, 2002, Game Boy Advance

Bomberman Generation, 2003, Gamecube

Bomberman DS, 2005, Nintendo DS

Bomberman Land Touch!, 2006, Nintendo DS

Bomberman Story DS, 2007, Nintendo DS

Bomberman Land Wii, 2007, Wii

Bomberman Land Touch! 2, 2007, Nintendo DS

Bomberman (Wii), TBA, Wii (WiiWare)
You forgot:

Panic Bomber, 1995, Virtual Boy

Bomberman GB 3, 1996, Game Boy (Japan Only)

Super Bomberman 4, 1996, Super Famicom (Japan Only)

Super Bomberman 5, 1997, Super Famicom (Japan Only)

Bomberman Land 2, 2003, GameCube (Japan Only)

****... I just realized that Bomberman may have more games on Nintendo platforms than MegaMan...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
You forgot to read:

BOMBERMAN APPEARANCES ON NINTENDO CONSOLES
(excluding Japan only)​
:) I suppose I could add them if you guys want. I just thought the list was pretty conclusive, even without them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You forgot to read:

:) I suppose I could add them if you guys want. I just thought the list was pretty conclusive, even without them.
Why not add Japanese only, the Megaman people include Megaman & Bass as one of their games Megaman is in for Nintendo all the time

Why limit Bomberman/

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I added them and some more.

If anyone spots any mistakes, thinks I should add anything, please feel free to tell me.

Side note: IMO I think there are too many movesets in the original post. It just seems like a wall of text. I just think 6 is overkill and when we add more stuff to the OP like art etc... it could get clustered.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Waluigi? Bomb-throwing? When I think of bomb-throwing, I usually think of the Poppy Bros. from the Kirby series.

But yeah, Bomberman for Brawl!

RDK

Smash Hero
Waluigi? Bomb-throwing?
It's kind of a running gag we say a lot in the Brawl Boards. When people try to think of a decent moveset for Waluigi, and they can't, the funny thing to say is "......he could throw bombs......or something....."

Bomberman FT ****** W!!! hmm. RDK so you decided to actually create a Bomberman thread, nice
Thanks. :) I think it looks much better than the other one.

And N9NE, I added your game list, and tidied up the movesets.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
It's kind of a running gag we say a lot in the Brawl Boards. When people try to think of a decent moveset for Waluigi, and they can't, the funny thing to say is "......he could throw bombs......or something....."
BAH! He could do a LOT more then that! I could think of loads of moves he could use besides bomb-throwing!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^ what do you mean by "cyborg"?

@RDK: lol that was a good pic of Bomberman stepping on Waluigi back head

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
for a short period of time hudson changed bman's image to a massive robot it sucked so much that hudson changed it back to the bman we know and love
oh, yea I think think i've seen that design before, it was horrible, but yea the original B-man design is what should be in Brawl

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
it was horible. it felt horible when they announced it as his 'new and improved' look. then it floped nobody liked it. but thats what the 360 does to a video game icon hey i made a funny

RDK

Smash Hero
how the hell does Bomberman smoke a cigar when he doesn't have a mouth?
His awesomeness allows him to defy the laws of reality.

And the "cyborg" design is the one from Bomberman: Act Zero. That game sucked big time.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the new thread is *busy* haha. Which isn't really a bad thing. Anyways...

Sega and Konami don't have symbols, just their names. Besides, it's not just their companies, but their devision of the companies (Sonic Team and Kojima productions). Hudson does have a symbol, and makes the Bomberman games directly, hence why I chose the Bee.
Ok I'll have to admit, I didn't know that the Fox symbol was Kojima Productions' symbol.

My first post in the last thread was actually a revival asking which it would be after I learned these details about Snake's symbol. I presented examples (the bomb, for those who care :
) but later decided on the Bee. Sonic's symbol has only strengthened my resolve on third party symbols.
Exactly: He should have, but he didn't. Instead he had the Sonic Team symbol, suggesting that they're using company (or devisions, if you want to be annoyingly specific) symbols.
Honestly, I'd have to disagree with this. A Ring, for one, would be mistaken as a great number of things. It just isn't iconic enough. People would see it as a simple circle, hell even a doughnut >.< It just wouldn't link well if it has to be a simple symbol, since you can't exactly make it 3D and golden. As for the emerald, again, I don't see it linking that well. Sure Sonic collected them but I didn't see them linking that well with Sonic himself. Maybe if Eggman was a character (dear god, no >.>), but not Sonic. A shadow of his face, coincidentally the Sonic Team symbol anyway, just seems to relate to him better.

But FOXHOUND has their own symbol, and FOX is the antagonist, so it doesn't make any sense whatsoever for Snake to use their symbol. Unless we take it not as the FOX symbol, but as the Kojima Productions symbol.
Again I don't know much about the Metal Gear series and Kojima Productions, however atleast the Fox symbol sort of gives that feeling of "stealth" just from it's stance. Now, compare this to Snake + the Fox to Bomberman + a Bee, I just don't see it really adding to anything. Even if, technically, it may be a better "business move"? I'm not saying it won't be the Bee, I'm just saying I'd prefer a bomb aethestically as it matches better.

Snake's symbol looks a lot like the Starfox symbol. Besides, Wario's symbol was shown shortly after the first trailer, at a time when they were "still in discussions regarding further 3rd party characters." I'm not sure Nintendo would preemptively give Wario a crappy symbol.
Well Fox's seems a lot more horizontal and flowing, whilst Snake's seems much more vertical and jagged. Still, admittedly, they are *sort of* similar.

As for the "preemptively give Wario a crappy symbol" they, firstly, may have already decided upon the characters themselves. Symbols and all the UI aethestics seem like they'd come after they've laid the groundwork of the roster.

Secondly, however, in the Nintendo World 2006 trailer, Mario's mushroom symbol didn't have the 3 circles on the top of it, yet later on in some of the gameplay screenshots we see that they altered his symbol to have the "mushroom pattern". So they could've changed Wario's symbol from the "crappy W" if they wanted to :p

Anyway, so summing up, I'm not saying they *won't* have the Hudson Bee, but I just think a Bomb would suit his personality more. The Fox, though a company symbol, sort of goes with Snake's stealthy and even animalistic instincts, Sonic's quite clearly relates to what he is, since I really would argue neither Ring nor Emerald would either suit him personally or be too indistinguishable. The Bee, on the other hand, I just don't see it really fitting together with Bomberman in any respective. Aesthetically I'd just rather a Bomb. And, again, personally that Wario symbol connection was just a random momentary wishful thought on my part, which I don't necessarily believe, heh. :chuckle:

EDIT: Oh, I must remember to subscribe to this thread, on another note. Heh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Technically Sonic's icon is not Sonic Team's logo thing...It's close but not it

B.W.

Smash Champion
Excellent work on the new thread. Though I didn't post at all in the last one.

There are a few things I don't agree with in the moveset, but I don't have time to talk about that now as I have to leave to search for a job soon.

Also, the picture of Bomberman stepping on Waluigi is full of win. So is the Bomb Squad, and the whole "Leave the bomb throwing to the experts" thing. And lastly, where'd you find/who did that Bomberman in the SSBB looking style, cause is freakin' amazing.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ Project-05

Feel free to post your comments on RDK's moveset, maybe it would start some discussion.

The Bomberman pic is from the Mojo site.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea I never though of: how about mines? Like the motion-sensor from Melee, only invisible, and a little powered-down? Maybe that could replace the lackluster B-forward in my spriteset.
Sorry for going all the way to the first post to quote, I only recently found this awesome thread, but I really like this idea of him setting down mines as he runs or for edgegaurding, etc. But only if there is a limit, say 2 mines, on the field at once otherwise playing against b-man would be horrid in the worst sense.

BTW, Bomberman for Brawl!

Top Bottom