• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What are the mechanics for the Giant Punch? I understand the charges are held in full, no partial charges between swings, but what about dropping and losing the charges? I find a lot of the time when i get hit out of a move (mostly Up-b, but f-tilt occasionally) while steaming i lose the charge and have to start it over. The same thing happens with Samus's charge shot, but focusing on DK, how does this happen? is there anything that i could change (besides not getting hit) to stop this? Thanks.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just focus on recovering safely, that'll hopefully improve my game anyway.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Working on some new stuff against spacies. Hyperbolic time chamber.

Wish me, Phish-It, Ripple, and potentially Captain Jack luck at APEX! I wish PKM or RockCrock were going but that's the way it goes.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
you guys (except probably cj) gonna stay dk?

Good luck. Hope you guys can make it through pools, it'd be awesome to see at least one dk in brackets :3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My goal is to make bracket, but I'll probably only get to round 2. This tourney's gonna be stacked.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no DKs are going to make bracket, that would require we get a pool 2 to be full of foxes that don't ever realize that they can beat us by camping lasers and grabbing, falcos that full hop dair or cross up our shield and get up-b 'd, no marths at all, bad sheiks, falcon's that can't do aerial> gentleman. or 3 people that are deathly afraid of the DK match up

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I have dr. pp in my pool.....and tang.....

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
Im bringing my dk as well. im in a pool with hungrybox...Ill be looking around for strongbad+crew.

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
Imo, the best advice for going against falco is to get him off the stage then just go from there. NO, im not implying that this is easy...

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
So i don't play anymore, and I hate to admit it, but i don't even remember enough to be giving advice anymore. I haven't touched a controller since genesis 2 and i probably won't again for awhile. Strongbad knows DK well enough to answer any of your guys' questions. I'm never on here anyway. lol. So this thread is all you Strongbad

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
against Falco the main thing is to try to force a knockdown and techchase a grab or something. getting him offstage is a great goal as well, but a big thing to keep in mind is that despite all of falco's options in the neutral game, every character has the same set of options when they get knocked down.

mex... u should fix my name lol. :3

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Mexican is too addicted to maplestory to check on this thread, or to play melee lol. Ive been down that road, and it was a tough one. Say no to maplestory guys

:phone:

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Mexican is too addicted to maplestory to check on this thread, or to play melee lol. Ive been down that road, and it was a tough one. Say no to maplestory guys

:phone:
Pfft, that's not it at all. I just don't play smash anymore because everyone always gets together when i have to work AND YOU ALWAYS HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO HANG OUT. lol

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
I know strongbad and ripple are going to apex, I was wondering if anyone would like to get a few friendlies in. Ya know, theres only a few of us brave dk mains going to this after all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was only on stream for two games on friday, and they were in doubles. Teamed with VanZ against Shiz & Eggm I think? They were only friendlies but the games were really close.

DK tier list:
1. RockCrock
2. Nedech
3. Phish-It until I stop sucking at nationals I'm comin for you though
4. Me

ripple's DK is legit too it's hard to tell though because he uses Roy for some match-ups.
cuz PKM & MEX stopped playing

phish-it

Smash Champion
Nah don't worry, I suck too. Who is Nedech and where is he from?

And did you guys end up doing that DK round robin?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no. i played CJ a bit tho.

Nedech is from Sweden. He's beaten Calle W before.

Top Bottom