• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the people have spoken.
we can cargo dthrow people to eachother until they get to 104%

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
1. Crouch
2. Proceed to not get hit by anything, because you are short
3. Kill DK

this is how it tends to go

1. get grabbed by ripple
2. proceeded to get *****
3.die at 60%
4.find a nice damp corner to cry in

thanks for the advice though guys ill try crouching more

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DK vs puff is all about spacing. Whoever spaces better, usually wins. One of dk's weaknesses is if you stay above his b air, you'll beat it. Instead of being one jump off of the ground, stay 2 jumps off of it, then, you can f air him and his leg will go under you when he b airs. DK might have to resort to full jumping b airs, and if he does, you have to mindgame him into full jumping and then either just continue to try to outspace him, or try and get under him. It's a weird matchup. But you're using puff, puff is a much better character than dk...lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
got 9th out of ~35 at a smaller regional yesterday. i prolly could have placed higher with a different bracket, but its all good. some vids should be up sometime.
only got 1-stocked when i lost, though i only took two stocks off of ihavespaceballs' samus in crews.
:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
alright videos are starting to be uploaded
here's me vs. ihavespaceballs in crews, it's at 7:37 if the yt time thing doesn't work for you. overall I think I generally got outplayed but I was playing well. I was gaining momentum to take another stock but then made a bad Bair vs. Uair decision near the end. good **** to IHSB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWDG_6rfhvE#t=457s

I adapted to his edgeguarding pretty well I think, after the first stock I stopped being lazy with sweetspotting. when he wavedashed to the ledge -> ledgehop invincible nair, the only thing I could have done was sweetspot and hope the arm invinc frame 11-42 would last through. overall really I think I'm finally improving at an acceptable rate.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Missile missile beam missile bomb missile missile missile. :skull: Ihavespaceballs on FD looks hard to get at.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Strong Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

You could have shaved off another stock if you wouldn't have faux-charged that damn Donkey Punch so close to IHSB.

Good stuff otherwise. You really picked up the pace towards the end. It was fun watching your DK.

Smooth Criminal

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sinister is bad vs. roy. play roy next time and you'll beat him

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Went to a tourney too saturday. Marth ***** me more than anyone.
Some approach tips against Marth, Mexican?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if you really need to approach, pivot bair.
otherwise just bair

also bair

Dimitris

Smash Ace
(Genesis 2
POOL 4
----
Armada
MEXICAN
Little England
Twin_A
Velocity
Corimon
DRGN

Isn't Little England a really really good Falco? :ohwell:)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i know little england and mexican's skill pretty good, (used to play mexican 24/7 in norcal, and i don't live too far from little england in socal) and even though little england is the better player, he doesn't know the DK matchup. Mexican upsets many great players because they don't know the dk matchup =P. Plus it isn't like Mexican is bad or anything!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm hopeful to get 2nd or 3rd seed. I have Cyrain & tect in my pool.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Right, I missed that pool:

POOL 15
----
Cyrain
tect
Strong Bad
Yardo
Killa Whale
samsonites
E.S.

Who's tect exactly?

edit/PS: I just discovered DK is a lefty. :leek:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mexican and i both made it to round 2 pools, but we didnt make it to 3rd round :(.
i learned a lot from mex and from the tourney in general. ill update the DK guide soonish if i can with some insight.

:phone:

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Second round of pools was stacked. haha, i didn't get out. I had in it, Mew2king, wobbles, bob money, bizzaroflame, embrace the 12, jackie tran and vts and myself. I beat jackie tran and vts, lost to everyone else. lol. First round wasn't even easy. I had armada, myself, 3 sheiks, and 3 falcos. lol. I think if i was playing consistently, I MIGHT have been able to barely squeeze out of round 2, but even in my prime, i never would have made it out of round 3 anyway. lol

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Yeah R2 sounds harsh. Who does Embrace the 12 play?
Congratz on advancing.

Who replaced tect in your pool, Strong Bad?

Anything DK recorded?

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Yeah R2 sounds harsh. Who does Embrace the 12 play?
Congratz on advancing.

Who replaced tect in your pool, Strong Bad?

Anything DK recorded?
He's a sheik player =/ Even worse, he knew to just grab and tech chase and that dk can't do much of anything to beat it. I almost won, but didn't lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lately I've been incorporating pivot wavedashes into my movement game so I'm always facing away from my opponent so I don't have to go through 3 extra frames of turnaround to bair. :)
oh yeah, vids against Fly Amanita's IC's are going up now. :D

Top Bottom