• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Me personally, I do much better against sheik on final d than on any other stage, despite not being able to do much as far as combos go to sheik on that stage. And I can agree with the dk facing you part, when dk is facing the other character, he's at a disadvantage. As a dk player, you have to try to jump over needles if sheik is needle camping you. Just try to bait her into approaching. If you dash dance far away, she's just going to needle you, dash dance close by, and a needle becomes a little higher risk unless it's an aeriel needle. There really is no reliable way to get in on sheik. Best thing i can suggest as a dk player is try facing away to space b airs when you can, try catching her with u airs out of shield when you think she's going to jump, and make good use of your f tilt and d tilt. You have to use those against sheik more than most other characters. One thing you might want to try is if you get a hold of sheik, cargo, jump off the stage and throw her forward, then use your second jump and a cancelled turnaround charge for the giant punch to grab the ledge. If i remember correctly, sheik has to use either an up b or air dodge to make it back from that. She has a tough time recovering safely in that situation.

**edit-btw, if you are a sheik player trying to beat dk, my best advice is just stick to the basics. When you try to do too much, thats when dk really hurts you. It's just really not necessary against dk. Stick to grabs, tilts into forward airs, and basic edgeguarding and you're set. Nothing fancy required. I've had a ton of close matches with some of the most basic/mediocre sheiks out there, and then i've beaten some reputable sheiks with little to no major problems.

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
Everytime I read these boards I realize how much I love PAL. ;D

Sheik is easy stuff!

Dimitris

Smash Ace
That's some prime u-tilting. :bee:

Goooddd to see Nedech has been uploading videos again.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Got third at a tourney today. I only used Fox in 1 game. I got this lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I bumped into the results of your tourney. How did vs Deku go? (Marth?)
Deku went Fox, Sheik, then Falco against me. It was a 3-0 but I played well. It's hard when your opponent knows how to fight DK and is actually good. XD Deku was a league or two above everyone else in Missouri :/. We've got a lot of improvement to go...

:Tally Hoes

Banned via Administration
If playing dk in a 3 way match grab someone and use them as a sheild for projectiles if they are pilling or something very fun. I'm likly going to make this like a mini game on hyrule the percent is your score and who you grabbedand who is projectiling is the diffcultilt

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
got 1st at a tourney yesterday, went 100% DK & never lost a set.
3-2'd VTS' Ice Climbers too, I feel like I figured out that match-up during that set.

videos should be up this week UNLESS the video got corrupted I haven't checked yet.

....money money money

Dimitris

Smash Ace
MEXICAN: ever played ditto's with high level DK's? Like I dunno, rockcrock or pkm or something?

Strong Bad: so did you beat that Sinister guy?

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Missed that set in the video thread. (by the way: update that thread with RockCrock's combo videos and Man Primate Beast!)

Pi

Smash Hero
i am pondering the thought of learning DK once i've accomplished what i want with samus...
but i feel like uair juggles would get boring at some point...
how much of his game is uair juggles?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
against FFers and semi-FFers, a relatively decent amount, though spacing bairs and Up-B bull**** is more I'd say.
against floaties, barely any. most you can only get 1 uair, 2 if you're lucky. it's a lot more about spacing intelligently and not being stupid.

Top Bottom