• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
1. Reflex
2. elev8 aka I SEE YOU aka Raf aka the best around 2010
3. Will_
4. Billy
5. George
6. Munkus
7. Cheap
8. Kola
9. Zero Gamer
10. Shaslam

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If we're not doing a panel, I guess I'll just post a working list.

These aren't supposed to be revealed, but, eh.

1. TheReflexWonder
2. elev8
3. Billy
4. George
5. Will_
6. Kola
7. munkus beaver
8. Cheap
9. Serin
10. Zero_Gamer

I definitely had to think about this, and some of my spots are up in the air.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
This was Kola's list; i'm still looking for Munkus's list
1.Reflex
Ok ready?
2.Elev8
3.Billy
4.Will_
5.George
6.Kola
7.Munkus
8.Slam
9.DanGR
10.Zero

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
MB's list
1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. George
4. Elev8
5. Billy
6. Kola
7. Munkus
8. DanGR
9. Shaslam
10. Cheap

~george posted a list too. let me find it
1.Reflex
2.Elev8 - a solid number 2 pick at this point. He's consistently beating really good players
3.Billy -------
4.Will_ ------}These three slots are interchangeable
5.George --

--------------This is where it gets tough

6.Kola - 6th or 7th
7.Munkus - 8th
8.Slam - maybe 10th
9.DanGR - no idea; I'd personally remove him for inactivity
10.Zero - 6th or 7th
Cheap - 9th
Cam - maybe 10th

We've had enough input to update, so someone get to tallying points.
~and we need a theme for our PR

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Using those five lists as a guide--

1. TheReflexWonder
2. elev8
3. Billy
3. Will_
5. George
6. Kola
7. munkus beaver
8. Cheap
9. Zero Gamer
10. DanGR

Billy and Will_ tied at #3. Not really sure how that's gonna work.

If Dan opts to decline his spot, shaSLAM would be next in line.

Also, I think the idea of honorable mentions is stupid (undermines the importance of the list itself, a bit), but I'll list those people if there's support for it.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Using those five lists as a guide--

1. TheReflexWonder
2. elev8
3. Billy
3. Will_
5. George
6. Kola
7. munkus beaver
8. Cheap
9. Zero Gamer
10. DanGR

Billy and Will_ tied at #3. Not really sure how that's gonna work.

If Dan opts to decline his spot, shaSLAM would be next in line.

Also, I think the idea of honorable mentions is stupid (undermines the importance of the list itself, a bit), but I'll list those people if there's support for it.
Lol at Dan's spot. He hasn't been that inactive. He was still at That Ain't Falco.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
So we are using the ones people posted? Or should everyone more privately submit lists to someone? Or should we actually have a panel?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Good question Cheap. What we are doing now seems a bit random. You incorporated only the lists you guys felt like using.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Erm yes Panel panel.......

Elev8
Reflex
Munkus
Kola
Will

because I like five.
Good question Cheap. What we are doing now seems a bit random. You incorporated only the lists you guys felt like using.
This is more or less a panel. kola is the one who is more or less the head of this thread and he suggested the 5 mentioned above. No one objected & those ppl posted a list with the exception of will_. Since George posted a list and has been to more tournaments (really by attending AUSOM) I felt like George's input would be more valid than Will's. If you guys want to adjust then that's cool, but that's what we did. I thought of it as a public panel...

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Since he's been really involved in the tourney scene and pushing for the list for a long while.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Didn't realize that meant Kola had the final say on a panel...

You know what? I don't really care. Do what you guys want to do. It just seems less official when the panel appoints itself or is appointed by one person. It also bothers me that people aren't even giving reasons for their lists, reasons based on what has happened in recent tournaments. When the bottom five of the list are so close together in skill, I'd imagine we'd at least like to see a line of thought. Some people have given minimal reasons, but last time we updated we went into MUCH more detail about why each person was placed where. The only thing I have really heard this time around is "Dan is placed lower because of inactivity."

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
it doesn't really matter who is on the panel if no one objects to the panel. i dont see why you'd argue with that.

if you object to that particular panel then perhaps you should enlighten everyone about it, but if literally no one has any problem with that panel, i fail to see why it matters how the panel was chosen

Winnar

Smash Lord
also I see no one objecting to the list reflex posted

except for the people objecting

so...I think dan's the only thing up for discussion? didn't he ask not to be on it?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I really want to hear some of the reasoning behind the ordering on the lists. I feel like people might not have justification for the order of 6-10.

It's just the fact that some people like Cheap who posted lists got completely ignored, even though he's just as qualified as the rest of them to voice his opinion. So, when the only reason I get that he was ignored is that he wasn't on Kola's ideal panel, that strikes me as unfair. I don't really have a stake in this list; I just have this strange compulsion to make things fair for everybody.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I placed Dan lower because his performance was slipping, and he was losing direct matchups against other Alabama players consistently.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Cam you're a jerk.... >.< jk, anyways I like Kola and all but I feel that the panel should be made up of the top players in our PR and how can we have a panel unless we have a new PR but we can't have a legit PR until we have a panel.... so idk :laugh:

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Well, we can't ignore the fact that the PR list would change if different people gave input. Therefore, it DOES matter who is on the panel. So, we need to come up with a more official way of picking a panel other than "hey, there's 5 people that have opinions."

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
This is something you could have easily brought up however many days or weeks ago that Kola originally suggested the panel.

Why you waited until now to do so is beyond me.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I expected us to vote on a panel. I thought that was the plan. However, since I appear to be alone on this, do whatever you guys want.

Top Bottom