• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Wtf guys?

Just update with what I see on this page.

Then, we could possibly merge with GA for the next PRs.

DRN

Smash Lord
Merging sounds like a pretty bad idea to me. Since our main ride to ur state Lounis has lost his car. Also Since mainly only 3 of ur people come to our state we could not create an accurate list even if we wanted to.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Kismet was at That Aint Falco, and Zero's tournament in January I believe. AUSOM too. But yes he's OOS, xD this is an Alabama panel.

Now I will admit I feel we're leaving Billy out in the dark, and he's a great player who has played many of us. But I picked the people I did because they're the most interested in the panel with the knowledge of the players.

And yes I picked my list very intelligently.
Now if only had Serin went to AUSOM....We'd have all the reason we'd need to put him in the list over Dan

Not recently?

xD I only missed one tournament man
Bad weather johns.

My ride hates bad weather and she wouldn't have taken me in nado-ready weather.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Cuz MD and VA did it. And both of the states are bigger than AL and GA.
Right, but smasher-wise MD and VA are basically one state. Almost every big MD player goes to every big VA tourney and vice versa.

Not so sure that happens between AL and GA.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I think the Alabama PR should storm the Normandy beaches, because America did it and America is bigger than Alabama.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yea,... no merger please.

Go ahead and make the update and go ahead and start explaining what you want in a point system.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
-_- if there isn't an update by tonight I'm making new thread
/whine/complains

<.< but no I'm serious

and I think we need a new thread o: so we can actually archive our stuff and have a post to explain the point system we'll be finding

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll be honest--I like the idea of a merger, myself. It's not like either state has a really big community. I think it would make things more competitive.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well if we had carpools in every area where our brawlers are that would be willing to drive to Georgia, then that would be awesome.

T-T so far your carpool is the only one

DRN

Smash Lord
Merging sounds like a pretty bad idea to me. Since our main ride to ur state Lounis has lost his car. Also Since mainly only 3 of ur people come to our state we could not create an accurate list even if we wanted to.
~Again~. Im really against Merging because of the problems it'd cause. I'd prefer if both states stay separated. Also if me merged PRs then the PR would probably be ranked on opinion more then anything else since it'd be hard for everyone to vs each other. Specially since Dyno, Scatt, Player 1, and 4God cant travel. 4God will in the future though i think.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Have everyone that you mention turn 16, get a license, and give P-1 a booster seat so he can see over the steering wheel and we'll be fine.

DRN

Smash Lord
Good thing Scatt is 14 atm i believe so thats gonna be quite a while. A License isnt the main prob its parents. They wont allow them to travel.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I went out of state once. Then I had to leave early.

It isn't that bad. Just break the ice. My mom'll let me travel once I get my license in like one month.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
but meh point being, unless majority of both states can actively attend either of the states tournaments then merging really would not be a good thing. At least not now.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Ryker I'm sorry to inform you that you're incorrect. GA and AL both have a good amount of players who I like to call "limbo". These are players that are good, however they're still not good enough to defeat the top players in their respectiver region. These players come close/take games off of people like Reflex, Kismet, and Biglou, but can never manage to take them out in tournament. If both states were to merge, I believe it would benefit these type of players the most, as they would have more competition and the ability to play more players around their skill level *since if the PR got combined, traveling amongst states would be more abundant*.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Now if we wanted to have something for bragging rights, we could try and do something where we make a list to compete against the other ATL south players. Sorta like a ATL South PR?

Or you could make one for states closest to AL, like LA,MS(._. yes they exist),TN(Umm some play vBrawl),GA,and Pensacola FL.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
~Again~. Im really against Merging because of the problems it'd cause. I'd prefer if both states stay separated. Also if me merged PRs then the PR would probably be ranked on opinion more then anything else since it'd be hard for everyone to vs each other. Specially since Dyno, Scatt, Player 1, and 4God cant travel. 4God will in the future though i think.
Hey Chas, when are you getting your license? :p

IF we do merge the PRs, I think it would be better to make the list up to 15 or 20 people. IF we do merge, that is.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Well, I prefer a social thread merger over a PR merger. Both would be nice, but a social thread merger would help get us to know each other better. I've only been to the Georgia thread like 4 times...

It seems like both sides would be more active in...everything.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not really. More competitive on your end of the list. And nonexistant on the other end.
It's not nonexistent on the other end. People will just have to work harder for it.

If the people on the other end don't care to do what it takes to earn it, then they weren't very competitive in the first place, and they probably don't deserve a spot on it.

It may seem harsh, but a spot on the PR isn't something that being naturally solid at a game should get you. People should be practicing and going to tournaments and excelling if they want recognition.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker I'm sorry to inform you that you're incorrect. GA and AL both have a good amount of players who I like to call "limbo". These are players that are good, however they're still not good enough to defeat the top players in their respectiver region. These players come close/take games off of people like Reflex, Kismet, and Biglou, but can never manage to take them out in tournament. If both states were to merge, I believe it would benefit these type of players the most, as they would have more competition and the ability to play more players around their skill level *since if the PR got combined, traveling amongst states would be more abundant*.
Why would travel between the states be more abundant for these players? The desire to travel to other states might be higher. I mean, I'd love to be able to, but I can't pull it off as it is. Having to try and get to more places to play against different people would be difficult.

It's not nonexistent on the other end. People will just have to work harder for it.

If the people on the other end don't care to do what it takes to earn it, then they weren't very competitive in the first place, and they probably don't deserve a spot on it.

It may seem harsh, but a spot on the PR isn't something that being naturally solid at a game should get you. People should be practicing and going to tournaments and excelling if they want recognition.
I don't want to get wrecked by distances. Already, players of similar skill are affected by the number of tournies they can make it to. Adding more players to that pool affects those of us that can't make it to most things. I read a list of about 4 names from GA that couldn't travel and Mobile already has an issue with that.

Personally, I aspire to be up there. I'm improving a lot and winning more in tournament against people who used to beat me (though Zero_Gamer seems to be the bane of my existence). That would be placing a large hurdle in front of me since, aside from those that travel with BigLou, I have no match history with the rest of GA. Also, to climb the PR you've gotta make it first, and if you keep it 10 players, then you have GA's top players taking up spots that will be difficult as hell to uproot.

I saw Billy suggesting you up it to 15 or 20 players. If a merger does happen, then that would be what I suggest as it gives a more accurate picture of both states and how they match-up against each other as well.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Until someone posts an organized, well reasoned, articulate list of why we should change our ways and merge, I am not even going to attempt to adequately respond.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
So much bias will happen with merging.

I don't think well over half of our players have even played AL players, it would be too hard to udge at this time.

Winnar

Smash Lord
You could merge with MS

aka me (contingent on if I went to AL brawl tourneys again)

I swear it's not because I'm avoiding you guys I just have been massive busy johns

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
since when did this turn in the merge debate hall and stop being the PR THREAD!

UPDATE IT TODAY MOTHER****ERS OR IM QUITTING SMASH!

AND IM BRINGING ELEV8 WITH ME!

Top Bottom