• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

_Keno_

Smash Lord
There was also a TCS tourney this season. That crazy one where will_ and george split the pot and I played Kola twice in brackets.

And I can't think of a major tourney that Kola has missed this season. Nope, can't think of one.
He missed the last two AL tournaments, as did you. George was at both.
Zero's most recent tourny and the auburn one.

And it doesnt matter, I said I picked the top 5 people I thought qualified. You dont have to agree with me.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Whhhhaaaaat?

Last two? What last two?
I missed AUSOM and that was it lol
oh and well that tournament in January that Zero hosted.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Also, it is completely incorrect that the rankings wouldn't change if the panelists were different. The lists that were posted were all different, so there is obviously not a consensus. Sure, we agree about Reflex. Every other position on this list is being debated, which is why I would appreciate if people would actually post their reasoning for the way they ordered people. Hopefully, these reasons would be based on what happened at tournaments.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
That list I posted that had reflex's quote on it was the average of our 5 list, not just his.

And if you're wanting reasoning we can provide that. I can't help but feel that there is someone or a group of people that you feel are misplaced. So name them

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
And how is it efficient if Kismet does it when we have Billy who has been pretty much where Kismet has been since he moved the AL?

Trust me, we can make our 5 AL panel efficient even without a top GA player being on our panel. Plus Kismet doesn't even use the forum often if at all lawl.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Billy has not played all AL players. I know this because I have not played him. There may be others that he hasn't played. Billy would be a good panelist if he had played everyone.

Even if I did put billy on my version of the panel, I would kick off Will_, not Kismet.

(good night) zzzz

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sooo wait, just because someone hasn't played all of AL's considered PR material you think they shouldn't be on the Panel?

So I could basically say Kismet can't be on the list because he hasn't played Munkus, or Will.

And if you want him to have a part of it, he can just simply state if he agrees with the list the PR comes out with or not. If there are a lot of objections to the list we come up with, then we change it, granted we haven't finalized it first.

Which is what we're doing right now, that averaged list can still be debated on because it hasn't reached the first post yet. So instead of arguing and wanting to get someone who you THINK is more part of the AL smash scene than the players itself, debate on the list we posted.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Kola, I honestly don't know what to have objections on, hence why I would not be a good panelist. However, I don't have to know much about the AL brawl scene to see that there are discrepancies between all the lists. First, I want to make sure people who can objectively and accurately judge the AL brawl community are on the panel. Second, I want justification! It seems like many of these placements are just gut feelings and not based on the facts at hand.

So yes, I want reasons. I want someone to say "I placed so-and-so here because he got nth place at the Birmingham smash tournament and had to beat Joe Schmo and John Doe. However, they still lost to Bob, who we should place higher up."

Kismet would be a good panelist because...
a) He has no stake in the outcome of this list.
b) He has been actively involved in AL's smash scene.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Only problem with Kismet being on the panel is that trying to catch him online is like finding a needle in haystack lol.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
We should make big lou a panelist.

Big lou, I'll pay you five dollars to put me at every spot on your pr list.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
If you think people's motives are that shallow Munkus, then why doesn't everyone who is on the panel and on the PR put themselves at #1?
Ring ring ring, it's the joke-a-phone, we have an incoming call for pika-cam.

Winnar

Smash Lord
For those who need a quick summary on what's been going on for the last few pages here you go

I can sum it all up in two words:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Which is what we're doing right now, that averaged list can still be debated on because it hasn't reached the first post yet. So instead of arguing and wanting to get someone who you THINK is more part of the AL smash scene than the players itself, debate on the list we posted.
Fine. You're just so stubborn Kola, I doubt I could change your mind anyways. I still hold that Kismet would be a great addition to the panel. I also don't know why me, zero, or slam would not be on the panel if you are. We go to just as many or more tournaments.

*debate on list posted*
Why do you rank yourself so high? Don't you consistently place lower than everyone below you? I THINK that you are better, and so do you, but isn't that just an opinion? As I quoted you above, thinking things is not good enough.

And should we ask Dan if he wants to be ranked or not before posting this? He seemed like he may not care to be ranked.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
O.o neither of you wanted to be on the panel, or didn't ask at least. ._. and if it isn't evident that I am obsessed with this thread yet then I don't know what else to do lol.

And real talk
We can't really justify all of our placing because
A: We lack a points system, or hell any system at that matter *I really want to get together and do a similar system as Georgia's*
B: This season has had so many surprising wins and losses that this list would pretty much be a tie with many of the players on it.

Now why not make the system now and then update the PR? Because we'd spend an entire season doing so. If that's the case why not just update now, and work out the system on the upcoming summer season. See?

Ok and why did I place myself so high you asked?
I've had some pretty solid wins over great players, my tournament results have shown a steady rise as a top player(Beating Elev8 in two money matches, beating Dan, showing my MK/Marth matchup knowledge and beating Will in serious friendlies, beating ranked GA players. I have shown consistency in beating Munkus, who was the previous #7. The players underneath me have lost to me at least once.

and this list has NEVER been on placings alone, I know for sure we all as a panel believed that it's all about who you beat and how consistent you are about it. However with a promised system for the upcoming season hopefully we wont have problems like these again.

lul after sleep I guess I tend to think on my answer more

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So yes, I want reasons. I want someone to say "I placed so-and-so here because he got nth place at the Birmingham smash tournament and had to beat Joe Schmo and John Doe. However, they still lost to Bob, who we should place higher up.
Ok give me a moment I'll write out why I put who on my list.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
O.o neither of you wanted to be on the panel, or didn't ask at least. ._. and if it isn't evident that I am obsessed with this thread yet then I don't know what else to do lol.
I dont actually recall anyone asking to be on the panel, lol. I know that a bunch of people, including myself, posted their opinions on the PR. From my point of view you said "I want a panel of 5," after which you personally placed 5 people into the panel, filling all the spots.

And it is well know that you are a great MK slayer, yes. But since there are other characters in the game, you have to do well against those characters too. Tournament results and such should show what you know.

(we should play more btw, you never come to zero's anymore :( )

Also, at the last AU tournament for matches:

Cheap (AL #10) v turtle (GA #7) 2-1
Cheap (AL #10) v Slam (AL #8) 2-?
2-0 two unranked players (Isaac and alias)
I lost out to biglou 2-0 and George 2-0

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Besides myself I think everyone else were just the previous panel. Just replaced people that were no longer interested.

Yea I know xD and I do decently against the other top tiers such as Diddy and Dedede. I'll fix the few other problems with time.

I'll be moving down to vestavia soon, very soon *and it's very close to Zero's apt complex*. We can get friendlies in then :D

and at the AU tournament I went to~
Pool:
Kola(Unranked) v Dan(AL #4) 2-0
Kola(Unranked) v Munkus(AL #7) 1-2 *First and only loss against him this season*
Kola(Unranked) v TuRtL(GA #7) 2-0
Kola(Unranked) v Micaelis(GA) 1-2
and unranked player by the name of Pope 2-0

Bracket:
Kola(Unranked) v Reflex(AL #1) 0-2
Kola(Unranked) v Cam(Unranked)2-0
Kola(Unranked) v Munkus(AL #7)2-0 *making my record with him 4-1 this season*
Kola(Unranked) v Kismet(GA #1) 0-2

and I also had two money matches, one against Elev8(2-0) the other against Billy.(1-2)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Pleeeeeeease just update the list even if it's not 100% accurate you guys are tearing this family apart

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
That reminds me Kola, I want a rematch. I've made Marths think that the matchup is in Pikachu's favor since we last played.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I think you guys are missing the point of why Cheap and I are so frustrated.

What if Dan, Cheap, Will, Billy, and I just threw out lists and declared we were the panel? And what if in the process we ignored the lists you all posted? Your lists would definitely change the outcome, so it does make a difference, but Dan, Cheap, Will, Billy, and I already said we were the panel. So stop stirring up trouble and just accept it, right? You guys don't even need a say in who is on the panel, because we all remember that Dan is the unofficial head of this thread and he gets the final say.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you guys said i could have dan's place. :)

did you guys seriously ALL just listen to reflex?

you guys really just want to take his list and make it the PR?

arent we suppose to vote... or talley... or something...
if i remember right.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
you guys said i could have dan's place. :)

did you guys seriously ALL just listen to reflex?

you guys really just want to take his list and make it the PR?

arent we suppose to vote... or talley... or something...
if i remember right.
I posted a list earlier, and then I posted the result of a tally between five people, myself included.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
You know what, just update the list. Someone tell tij to post Munkus' stuff.
In my opinion, it is accurate, but I really don't agree with how it was thrown together.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
*I really want to get together and do a similar system as Georgia's*
Do me a favor please. Tell me what your point system would entail. If you're not going to be able to miss at least two tournaments and have a decent shot of ranking where you should be, then I'm going to have to object on the grounds that Mobile is too **** far away.

I'm not saying I should be on there (I'm not even the best down here), but a chance would be nice. If we were close enough to make anything that wasn't Montgomery or Auburn (AUSOM was a 3 hour drive for us) then cool, but it's not really that easy because we have GOT to pull from Florida players to be able to pull gas money on a carpool and it's rare to be able to get enough people together to travel that far. This isn't even talking about a Huntsville tourney or a Tuscaloosa one.

If you want to institute a point system, then by all means, launch into that discussion now before the summer season is truly started.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Tuscaloosa is roughly the same distance from Mobile that Auburn is, though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, they're all 3+ hours away except maybe Montgomery. I was pointing out other cities I know would have tournies. The only place we get to play with a shorter trip is Florida.

Top Bottom