• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

moogle

Smash Ace

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Andy, your area code says you live in huntsville! And I agree about the coloring system suggestion.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
red is a more interesting and eye catching color than blue (but then again, so is green.)
i was actually thinking about changing the colors because, on old computers with ****ty monitors (which one or two people still have I suppose,) the blue is barely visible, i didn't know "lime" was an option

and i think moogle is correcting my spelling in that subtle moogle way you know what i'm talking about

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
and i am good at this game.
i should be on honarble mentions. but its a popularity contest.
hence, scourge being on there even though i 2-0'd him easily
i really should be on there but im not complaining and whatever you guys decide flys.
if i never make it on, and im sure i wont, its whatever,

cuz its up to you guys.
and i guess you dont see me as a good player and the people that do see me as a good player arent on the panel or whatever.
who you personally beat doesn't really matter in terms of deciding who is better between you and the person you beat. remeii beat me at the last gamebox, but I've yet to see him come in here and yell about how he should be above me in the PR list. the colelctive caliber of the players that you each beat is more important, and you're saying its a popularity contest but the hype around scourge is based pretty much entirely on his in-game performance and nothing else. which is what it's supposed to be based on. maybe you forgot, but scourge beat moogle in a set, and nearly beat munkus (and honestly would have beaten him if it wasn't metaknight). two of AL's best players.

also stop being emo, and stop making assumptions. and stop trying to impress people and just play the game. We had several discussions about honorable mentions and we decided that it shouldn't simply be a list of "players who are good", so you thinking that we think you're not good because you didn't make the HM list doesn't make any sense. but i'm pretty sure you don't actually think that anyway you're just being emo
the honorable mentions is people that someone thought should have made the top ten. the only reason anyone is on the honorable mentions is because someone thought they should make the top ten. I don't hear you saying "i should be top ten", which means you have no basis for which to be on the HM list, because the HM list is made up of people who someone thought should be top ten, not just "players who are sort of good".

@ munkus, but IE sucks!

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
"I really should be on there, but I'm not complaining"

YES YOU ARE!

@Janitor: It does, but it'd only be used for smashboards!

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
well i know why im not considered for any rankings
but right now its a situation that cant be helped (i guess you could call it a forced hiatus) so with that i leave this message

@cam: keep pikachu on the PR list and keep going......ill need that as motivation for my grand return

Winnar

Smash Lord
shaSLAM - Stop bashing Munkus.

Munkus and T1J - Stop attacking Slam.

Don't make me turn this thread around. :|

But seriously, this is kind of lame and you're all acting childish. The PR shouldn't be this important that all sorts of drama ensues, it's just about letting people (out of staters) know roughly who the state's best players are.

Slam, you don't like Munkus and that's fine, I don't think that hurt his feelings. The problem is you're exaggerating his faults or even making some up.

Munkus, you're actually doing the same thing only with better grammar and more polished semantics. Also at TCS5 you fought like 4 or 5 people in brackets and only one of them used Snake, and that's because nice1 already plays Snake against a lot of people and you lost to him because he is really good, not because he played Snake. That's besides the point, though.

...and now I realize I do not know what the point was. Tired johns 1, winnar 0 :( 10 hour car rides are exhausting, which is really weird considering how little activity one undergoes while in a car.

Oh well my brother and I played Melee like the whole way here it was awesome. Also besides the point.

Alternate browser: Google's Chrome! It's sleek and cool and stuff :D

Also I agree with Moogle's color changes.

Also I noticed I got an honorary placement! Yay! :D Thanks guys :)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Look, I need to learn how to fight against snake. There was no context to make that a value judgment about the ability of the people who use snake. The fact of the matter is that I have done poorly against people who use snake as a whole, so I need to adapt my game in order to find a way around snake's defenses. It is irrelevant that I fought two people who used snake in the last tourney, because I could have fought four or five people who use him while I was in brackets. Learning to beat that character will improve my game, much moreso than learning how to beat Dan's Olimar or Will's MK, because Snake is used a lot more universally.

I think it's absurd that I have to clarify my statement that much when all I meant was what I said: In order to get better at the game, I need to learn a good strategy against snake players.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
snake is used a lot more then mk
this is news to me

also to beat snake you have to grab him a lot

then throw him off the level

just my 2 cents.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I say we ban Snake.

I think I may end up having Olimar as a strong backup at some point.

Or a main or something. What has happened to my head.

In other news, I should be getting a life saving job this month. Also it doesn't look like I'm going to jail either.

Happy days.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
"I really should be on there, but I'm not complaining"

YES YOU ARE!

@Janitor: It does, but it'd only be used for smashboards!
stfu up dude. you just bashed me like 5 times in a row without me saying another word to you...
same to janitor....

also just to be on topic. i consider snake to be one of my best matchups. not staitically or anything. but just because ive played SO many snakes. but its usually on wifi and i need to quit wifi because its lame and pointless.

annnnd wtf remii i hadnt heard from you in ages man.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i just realized i apologized to you munkus, and you just kept trying to sound edgy and witty and kept bashing me...

what an ***.

we need moarr this in AL.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also janitor thanks for clarifying that about the honorable mention placings.
i do not think i am top ten.
therefore i shouldnt be saying i should be on HR.

and i think you should put a toon link image beside Winnar's name in honorable placings.

Winnar

Smash Lord
also janitor thanks for clarifying that about the honorable mention placings.
i do not think i am top ten.
therefore i shouldnt be saying i should be on HR.

and i think you should put a toon link image beside Winnar's name in honorable placings.
Oh yeeeeeah...

BECAUSE MY TOON LINK IS COMPLETE ****

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TRUE COMBOS

DROP THE CONTROLLER AND SHED A SINGLE TEAR, FOR YOU ARE FINISHED

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Me in a PM to the PR panel said:
Alright, so I'm troubled as to how to handle honorable mentions.
the way I planned to do it would be to just HM anyone who got some votes but didn't make the list.

but to me that wouldn't be quite fair. For example, Nu, Cam, and Scourge made lists, but Cheap, Shaslam and Kalm didn't.

These players are all roughly equal in skill/tournament performance, and it doesn't seem fair to cheap, shaslam, and kalm to leave them off the HM

maybe its just me.

i'm inclined to just Honorable Mention all of them, cuz imo they all deserve to be there

or have a separate HM's vote

iono, give me your thoughts, maybe i'm just trippin'
cool your engines, calm your jets shaslam, just keep playing. you're being watched, trust me.

Me said:
Shaslam's gonna be mad again because he didn't make honorable mentions *giggle*

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
cool your engines, calm your jets shaslam, just keep playing. you're being watched, trust me.
what? i didnt post that...
are you talking to me?
i said i was through with it and i didnt think i deserved top ten so i dont deserve HR.

lol

are you listening to me?

edit: oh i think i get it. sorry man.

edit. i wasnt being sarcastic either when i said it. i was gonna say something else but i forgot lol i wanna quote that as my sig. the slam is gonna get mad thing.

nice1

Smash Lord
hmm so much is goin on in this thread. maybe we don't need a pr if this is gonna happen in the future. I think we all can get better if we do that dojo thing chu has goin on so we all can learn certain match-ups. i mean we're one state one team and we need to help each other so we can improve.

p.s. i main snake

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
*looks at the pic of Falco*

I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised and annoyed I didn't maintain a HM, but seriously. I've got tons of crap going on my my real life that has been shredding my play time and making me nonstop rusty. For the same reason I'm not on the list though, I have to not care. Got too much going on to care, once my crap gets straightened out I'll get back into practicing and actually understanding matchups instead of just guessing a whole bunch each set.

I ****ing picked Pit against Nice1's Snake. Seriously.

I'll be back.

nice1

Smash Lord

I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised and annoyed I didn't maintain a HM, but seriously. I've got tons of crap going on my my real life that has been shredding my play time and making me nonstop rusty. For the same reason I'm not on the list though, I have to not care. Got too much going on to care, once my crap gets straightened out I'll get back into practicing and actually understanding matchups instead of just guessing a whole bunch each set.

I'll be back.
i'm too lazy to tell moggle to change it lmao *John*

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Man I don't need no half-hearted apology made from honeysuckled words I'm not even sure why I would be needing an apology from someone. An apology for a halfassed attack on my integrity? Whatevas

And we coo winnar, we cool. I just set Scourge straight in a set and everything was groovy.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772

I'll be back.
I went to law school son! Law schoooooool son! I was even hospitalized 6 hours after one of the tourneys ended that I went to! I got worse at the game , but that's not a point of contention. Nobody cares really why you suck, it's just that you suck, and that's reflected by going up or down or off the PR. Shouldn't surprise nobody who be sucking that they be droppin.

And honestly if you aware that you have been sucking then it should come as no surprised that nobody considered you for their tier list.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
hmm so much is goin on in this thread. maybe we don't need a pr if this is gonna happen in the future. I think we all can get better if we do that dojo thing chu has goin on so we all can learn certain match-ups. i mean we're one state one team and we need to help each other so we can improve.

p.s. i main snake

i <3 everyone in AL except munkus.
on the real.
i ****ing love playing smash here.
i honestly wouldnt like any state better than AL

edit: right here i made a post about how i wasnt mad at AL and how i was mainly mad at munks and i called him all sorts of names and pointed out some stuff but im editing it becuase im gonna act like an adult about it even though im 7 years younger than munkus or so.

but seriously.
im not pissed at AL or the PR system.
i think the list is correct.
and the HR is right too.

<3 AL.
i love you guys.
even though you may be upset with me right now for exploding so much :(
sorry . i really am.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Look, you don't get to say "I'm going to act like an adult" in the same sentence as a childish diss. That's not how it works.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
we definitely shouldn't abandon the list because of some centralized squabble.

also the only matchup I need to learn (i think) is olimar which really i can just go MK, except in the rare occasions where MK is banned in which i can try kirby and ban yoshis and hope luigi's is already banned :-(

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Yeah, Olimars can be really tough. I started noticing holes in their defenses recently, but DanGR is just really good at closing those holes. For instance, when they start pikmin camping, a lot of Olimars will full hop to get you from across the stage. This leaves them completely open if you get under them. Unfortunately, DanGR shorthops all of his pikmin throws.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The only way to beat a really good Olimar is to gimp them.

Gimp gimp gimp gimp.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Props to elev8 and nice1 for moving up the list and to Cam for getting on the PR! I was looking forward to seeing this new list for a while now! Next time, Scourge, I wanna see ya on that list, too! :D

And Slam, from what I've heard from Winnar and some of the other AL guys, you've improved a lot. Just keep it up, man.

Also thanks for putting Winnar on an honorable placement list, guys. Winnar will always say that being on a PR doesn't matter to him, but I'm glad you guys did that for him. He puts a lot of time into Brawl, and if MS had a PR, I have no doubt he'd be on it. So thanks for rewarding my main man for his hard work.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Ok, and if we don't use MK?
You gimp them?

It's not like MK is the only person who can gimp.

Olimar's ****ty recovery is his only weakness.

Otherwise you just have to plan your attack just right. Go in when he's low on pikmin from throwing them, you have to be reeeeally patient when attacking an olimar. Having your own projectile helps, as well as the ability to close space against him quickly when you need to. If you can get him pushed back in a defensive position to the edge of the stage, you're in the money.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think olimar's nearly as busted at MK
if his recovery wasn't *** terrible and more people played him, i could see him being top 3 on the tier list.

its hard for any character except MK to get in on Olimar because he has a busted pivot grab and huge, disjointed, quick starting, hitboxes (which are completely disproportionate to the actual size of the pikmin that represent them) that stay out forever. MK can just cut through all that bull**** but he's unique in that respect.

getting olimar in the air is the key. he's pretty bad in the air, and is easily juggled. just don't get above him or youre pretty much guaranteed to be hit by up air or upsmash. and olimar dies early. but he also kills early.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I find Olimar really hard to judge. DanGR comes to our smashfests all the time and kicks our butts, but I don't think it's because his character is broken. I think he's just better. Oli's grab range is annoying though, and so are the pikmin that absorb my tjolts. His smashes are also way too strong for their speed.

@munkus: I was joking about the MK thing. Still, Pikachu does have a tougher time breaking through Oli's defenses.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I went to law school son! Law schoooooool son! I was even hospitalized 6 hours after one of the tourneys ended that I went to! I got worse at the game , but that's not a point of contention. Nobody cares really why you suck, it's just that you suck, and that's reflected by going up or down or off the PR. Shouldn't surprise nobody who be sucking that they be droppin.

And honestly if you aware that you have been sucking then it should come as no surprised that nobody considered you for their tier list.

What a waste.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Witty retort.

Semantical insult.

Insinuation of siring a son with a pig.

Top Bottom