• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

COEY

Smash Lord
double post.

shoutouts though so i'm sure no one minds.

had alot of fun this weekend thanks to everyone for making an appearance.

Copey- GJ on winning, thought the first 2 games in our set were close, dunno if you agree or not. Always a pleasure having you down.

Ryan- Nice seeing you again dude been too long meng. Luigi samus is not fun in any way, gutted i didn't take that first game. Thinking back yoshis was possibly a bad idea as well. Still got it man think theres a few overconfident fox players who might have dreams crushed by you.

Ant- Again good seeing you dude, almost had me and joe in our sets, coming back from 2-0 down against you isn't something i want to do again lol. Good job ranking higher than me too...... stupid round robin... :)

Dan- Glad you could make it this time, been too long without Boxy. Can't believe you didn't beat Ste but you still placed higher than him overall.

Blinky- Nice meeting you mate, didn't speak to much to you but you weren't bad at all for someone whos never been to a proper fest before. 2 games off box and a game from golfie isn't bad keep practicing.

Joe- Nice one on coming second, just gg's in general.

Ste- Nice one calling in sick for work, gg's imho ness dittos were fun.

Luigi had some fun this weekend, personally i dont think the scores reflect exactly how well i was doing but no Johns. I chose to not switch character and w/e, if maybe i'd have put more time into a higher tier character i might have done better but that's a John which i don't wanna make. If anything i just wanna improve on this result, and practice alot more for whenever a tourney is organised whenever that may be.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah all my matches friendly or tourney with your Luigi were tight business, and as much as I hate the character your Luigis got alot of banter!! You also took a bad beat or 2 in that the random came 3 good characters, thats actually pretty sick. Good times in general Hudson sir.

Btw want to clear something up lol- it would appear I had the banter and decided to misread a post and thought there was a prize pool for the tournament before I went, think its best I clear that up cause if it looked like I just wanted money for the banter then I probably looked like a knob hahaha!!!

Anthony- Good to see you, you were always loving it which is never a bad thing by any means, our matches were pretty nice actually, sorry for the bad beats with Ganon!!

Dan- GG's nice play.

Blinky- nice hand well played.

Ben- Well played on Princess Peachs Castle nice hand.

Ryan- GG's.

Joe-

Ste- hahahaha!!

for those who played my Roy- no johns, so many people underestimate Roy but fact is that he actually has a ton of banter and you all just have to deal with that...

Aiko

Smash Champion
Top Words used this weekend:

1. Banter

2. The

3. For

4. What

5. F*ck

6. You

7. All

8. In

9. Banter

10. Pish

Yes I realise banter is in there twice. Why? Answer is the top 3 words.

Banterouts:

Banterland: nice to play you again, loved banter, poker was fun.

Bantersocks: Charge smash banter son. Waits for single and double spot dodges lol

Banter3: Best set we've had to date! Loved it all.

Banterpops: Respect for luigi-ing all the way in our set. 2-0 comeback was well deserved.

F*cking Banter: Beat me in MM's for a whopping 56p!

Banterie: Nice to see you again, you def deserved a day off after 8 months of work.

Bantery: Nice to see you getting involved. Definitely one of the best newcomers i've seen/played.

Bullet Banter: Good job on Princess Peaches Castle

Hyrule Banter: This really should of been recorded. Mine and ryans ultimate camping for the banter was too good. Craziest ending ever.

Aiko

Smash Champion
leaderboards up on first post

1st - JO3 - 65
3rd - Aiko - 57
3rd - Coey - 57
4th - Zeppo - 39
5th - Grayfox - 35
6th - Box - 30
7th - Golfie - 29
8th - Blinky - 28
9th - Bullet Bill - 22
10th - Koop - 20

golfball

Smash Apprentice
manchester, or 30 mins away.. lol bagels are made
ohhai!

shoutouts!:
i had a good time, i am glad i skived work xD

Copey- Goodjob on winning, and good banter! You do annoy the hell out of me by never acknowledging me on the boards, i missed work to play smash all day so unless you have anything nice to say, stfu. Good to see you irl tho.

Gwayyysocks!!
Loving that samus, i actually have nowt on it. I just get killed if i go near the edge, and you put me there with d smash, and i blates cant avoid that. Golfie has nowt on graysocks lol. Good banter though, But omg, that word is used far too much, for the banter though :D

Aikoney- i enjoyed our games but im gutted i couldnt make that epic come back on mute! Next time we meet MM imo

Dan - far too long since you been up, your hair is still mega cool, just not as big : P unlucky in that set agaisnt me but my pichu in the first round had absolute pipe, and our MM after pichu falco i think you got your own back :)

Blinky- Nice meeting you, pretty good for a newcomer, just keep going to these events up :)

Will/Joe, GGs in general both of you.

maybe i should throw sickies more often...

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Copey- Goodjob on winning, and good banter! You do annoy the hell out of me by never acknowledging me on the boards, i missed work to play smash all day so unless you have anything nice to say, stfu. Good to see you irl tho.

rofl STE WTF MAN! I thought I was just having the banter with my post, was nothing personal just having the banter! I had fun for f*ck sake min!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So what was the ranking anyway all I know is Grayfox 3rd and Zeppo 1st lol??

Edit: Found out dw.

I didn't know the Bullet Bill went lol. Wow he loves to travel far for smash.
Too bad Grayfox cant take out any of us Londoners since he cant place above J03 :bee:jkin lol but still i'm not :bee:

grayfox

Smash Champion
THE BANTER!!!!

First of all I just want to say something for the banter: Cheers goes out to Will Hudson for his hospitality it was pretty sick
and for just generally having the banter (SORRY ABOUT THE SHOWER AGAIN!). Thanks also has to go to Joe for picking us up and announcing the idea of having the banter as well for the banter. Of course I have to thank a few other people like the ones that attended for the banter. Samus, Roy, DK, Mewtwo and Kirby for having loads of ****ing banter and I'd also like to thank the banter for making an appearance.

This event generally had the banter for the banter! Ant getting a bad beat off of that corneria ship was pretty sick and then he'd just charge up his f-smash to pipe me back down!!! Hudson crashing the hammer down on all those around him for the crazy banter for the banter!!!! Blinky just loving life and there for the banter!!!! Dan having the gutted banter for the banter as well!!!!!! Atleast he has the banter though and that's pretty sick... Joe being gutted and delighted with life for the banter depending on what the banter is for the banter too!!!! Ste with his check - bet - call methods of crazy banter!!! BULLET BILL MAKING AN APPEARANCE IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME JUST TO BE GUTTED AND BLOW UP FOR THE BANTER! COPELAND BEING ****E AT SMASH AND GETTING 3 STOCKED ON BRINSTAR ROOOOOOOOOOOOOFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT HEY DON'T JUDGE HIM YOU PRICKS HE WAS JUST HAVING THE BANTER OK!?!?!

There were some huge bad beats at this event though that I am actually pretty embarrassed and somewhat ashamed to have witnessed... Paul Copeland winning for a start was a huge bad beat and when he started using my Golden Roy that was pretty sick but I think he was doing it for the banter so technicalities and pragmatic mentality isn't for me and I guess you could say I was digressing for the banter. Kirby and Jiggs having more jumps than me and Roy not being able to wall jump was pretty big bad beats too. I guess my point is is that it was for the banter.

GOKU AND VEGETA HAD LOADS OF BANTER AS WELL LOL!!!!!!!!!!! SMUG AS **** THEY WERE PRETTY MUCH SAVING THE UNIVERSE JUST SO THEY COULD HAVE A BIT OF BANTER!!

I don't really know what else to say except that the banter is out there if you look for it - sometimes you just need to have some patience, well timed aggression and just enjoy life...?

THE BANTER OF FOX TRYING TO GIVE ME THE BANTER WAS HUGE SICK BANTER

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grayfox

Smash Champion

Too bad Grayfox cant take out any of us Londoners since he cant place above J03 :bee:jkin lol but still i'm not :bee:
AYE MON THEN!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% WIN RATE AGAINST YOUR OVERLORD CHARLES OVER HERE BIG MAN NOT SO TOUGH NOW ARE YA!!!?!?!?!?! But if you are just having the banter I apologise and retract this statement for the banter.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
Top quality banter from a certain Mr Grayfox it has to be said, epic post. It sounds like the whole weekend was full of quality banter

Also Will about that question from that other thread it will need to be after Christmas since I work weekends and I won't be able 2 get any holidays until January

Aiko

Smash Champion

ben didnt come, it was bullet bill on princess peaches castle! actually it may be a banzai bill but its the same thing.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
case of when words are said so many times and begin to sound different

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
shame i missed out on all these bad beats n banter, was too hung over to make an appearance
so ryan still exists? looks like he's been charging up his banter all this time

VA

Smash Hero
I hear ryans downfall was joes sheik...ryan you can always ask me if you need match up help ;)

J03

Smash Master
my sheik, ganon and falcon. he ****ed my fox so badly that he's filling a police report.

IF ANYONE SEE'S RYANS SAMUS PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE IMMEDIATLY DONT BE A HERO

COEY

Smash Lord
Top quality banter from a certain Mr Grayfox it has to be said, epic post. It sounds like the whole weekend was full of quality banter

Also Will about that question from that other thread it will need to be after Christmas since I work weekends and I won't be able 2 get any holidays until January
That's cool just let me know when you're available dude.

That applys to everyone interested in the next fest, we need dates people!

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ive just finished playing mother 3 (the game lucas is from). Heres one of the characters which is blatantly a copy of ben.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah I was goin to say make it the Weekend on the 15th. I can't do the following the week.

COEY

Smash Lord
what about the weekend after that? sorry about this guys but biweeklies is a bit much for me atm due to real life bish. Once every 4 weeks or so (3 or 5 in some cases obv) is best for me as far as uni deadlines, gf's, and general relaxing weekends go.

AmcD

Smash Ace
I can't do the last 2 weekends this month. 23rd I'm going to a Gig and the following week I can't get time off :/

VA

Smash Hero
it's ok buddy, you did it enough for me back in the day when you used to know more than me and had more experience. times do change... :p ;)

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL!! THE BANTER!!!! As much as i appreciate the offer though I have no intentions in trying to improve my game I'm just in it for the banter

Top Bottom