• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
i beat him 2 out of 3 :smirk: but i play him all the time when we see each other. it was rotations with mike. still friendlies tho :p
*jealous* Lucky you, I hardly ever see him anymore. Also aib seems to be having problems with their login servers since I still can't access the site through the chat links I have.:(

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
*jealous* Lucky you, I hardly ever see him anymore. Also aib seems to be having problems with their login servers since I still can't access the site through the chat links I have.:(
he lives in my region and comes to a lot of stuff here. he has some amazing wins under his belt this year. like fatal. thats the one i actually saw. i dont remember the other ones he said but he's been doing really well. i havent gone on aib in forever tho :p

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played you in a while man haha, how long will you be here? I might be able to play in like a half hour-45mins :O
If he doesn't show up, would you like to play me? Still looking for someone to play.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
he lives in my region and comes to a lot of stuff here. he has some amazing wins under his belt this year. like fatal. thats the one i actually saw. i dont remember the other ones he said but he's been doing really well. i havent gone on aib in forever tho :p
If he's that close to you, I can estimate that you've gotten a boost of skill for your character, i'd also like to see how much you've better'd yourself, besides das and whoever else you said you brawl.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
If he's that close to you, I can estimate that you've gotten a boost of skill for your character, i'd also like to see how much you've better'd yourself, besides das and whoever else you said you brawl.
i'll brawl anyone. its gonna be difficult since my list is building :x i now have das, zork, you, the rest of the skype arena. and the PM players now. and i still use diddy but i havent really played since march till this week. so my skill didnt improve THAT much. i just switched over to CRT from HDTV so now my inputs are more precise. thats what made me a tiny bit better.

JosephAnter

Smash Rookie
Haven't played you in a while man haha, how long will you be here? I might be able to play in like a half hour-45mins :O
I believe it's time for my old soul to throw on Game of Thrones and call it a night. Hopefully in the future soon! Zork is quite the skilled player though, you should certainly join him for some battles! :p

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
i'll brawl anyone. its gonna be difficult since my list is building :x i now have das, zork, you, the rest of the skype arena. and the PM players now. and i still use diddy but i havent really played since march till this week. so my skill didnt improve THAT much. i just switched over to CRT from HDTV so now my inputs are more precise. thats what made me a tiny bit better.
Hey now that you mention it, has xiroey been on the Skype arena?

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I believe it's time for my old soul to throw on Game of Thrones and call it a night. Hopefully in the future soon! Zork is quite the skilled player though, you should certainly join him for some battles! :p
I'll be keeping an eye out for you then~

If he doesn't show up, would you like to play me? Still looking for someone to play.
Absolutely, I could use some MK work... I'll be ready in about 10-15 mins :p

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs guys, sorry if I was a bad teammate DAS. I borrowed your stocks because I really didn't want you fighting 2v1.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GGs guys I would of played longer, but TV show coming on in a bit. I was wondering why the friendly fire was off, but then I thought may'be they play teams like this no problem.

Those were fun and stuff, and you got me good the second to last match Meteor lol. Thanks for teaming with me Hyp3r I can tell you're quite skiled.

Edit: You weren't a bad teammate at all, and it would of been pretty unlikely for me to beat them both by myself.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs guys I would of played longer, but TV show coming on in a bit. I was wondering why the friendly fire was off, but then I thought may'be they play teams like this no problem.

Those were fun and stuff, and you got me good the second to last match Meteor lol. Thanks for teaming with me Hyp3r I can tell you're quite skiled.

Edit: You weren't a bad teammate as all it would of been pretty unlikely for me to beat them both by myself.
Alright thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't upsetting you.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
that explains his week long absence then, he hasn't been seen since last sunday.
oh i havent seen him for a couple days. but he does seem to be in the skype arena a lot more since its more instant message than this. just faster i guess

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs Diddy! Fun games. I think it's fair to say I've improved a bit since we last played. Well, ya know disregarding the lag in most earlier matches.

Tho i was kinda upset my Pika wasnt able to take off any games on your peach. The SDs on my end didn't help. Any tips? For like, everyone besides say Marth and Sheik.

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Ggs Courage, Lol a lot of people have improved... Your yoshi still really good :) and yeah it was annoying those games when the wifi was intolerable...

Hmm advice... Well what I noticed is that you kinda smash a bit too much with some of the characters you used... Reduce the amount of smashes you use... Although I didn't know Yoshi could connect some attacks with smashes... And also try not to over do it when I'm at kill %. You tend to get impatient and leave openings for me, umm maybe you noticed a bit of mistakes you did with Marth
Again ggs courage :) nice to play against you again, oh and any advice for me?

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Ggs Courage, Lol a lot of people have improved... Your yoshi still really good :) and yeah it was annoying those games when the wifi was intolerable...

Hmm advice... Well what I noticed is that you kinda smash a bit too much with some of the characters you used... Reduce the amount of smashes you use... Although I didn't know Yoshi could connect some attacks with smashes... And also try not to over do it when I'm at kill %. You tend to get impatient and leave openings for me, umm maybe you noticed a bit of mistakes you did with Marth
Again ggs courage :) nice to play against you again, oh and any advice for me?
Yea Yoshi can combo into and out of u-smash and sometimes d-smash. I guess I do get impatient. As for marth...lol yea hes more of a friendlies character for me. I find that if I dont practice with him consistently i just get worse with him, especially over wifi. But yea I recognized my mistakes there.

Tips for you...umm...all i can remember is that at times, your landings were somewhat easy to punish. Idk I just remember that's where I got a lot of damage in. But you're pretty solid :). GGs again

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
GGs Zork~

Man, you're pretty good haha.. If I may ask, how long have you played competitively? I know it usually takes soooooo much practice to be so good with multiple characters

And do you have any advice for me? I'd love some if you'd be so kind :p

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
GGs Zork~

Man, you're pretty good haha.. If I may ask, how long have you played competitively? I know it usually takes soooooo much practice to be so good with multiple characters

And do you have any advice for me? I'd love some if you'd be so kind :p
BACON!?!? I wan't a match with you soo bad... Although I'm interested about this Zork guy...

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
BACON!?!? I wan't a match with you soo bad... Although I'm interested about this Zork guy...
Zork is pretty dang good, he beat me a majority of the time haha
With an array of characters as well

Makes for some salty bacon xD

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS

I've played competitively for around 2 years now. Or maybe closer to a year to be more accurate since I take so many breaks (I'll play for say a month, then take a month break etc.).

Well there's a lot of help out there if you want to learn multiple characters so imo it's not that hard to do but yeah it can be time consuming. If I want to pick up X character I'll watch videos of X characters from "top" players and maybe look up a guide or two. Then I'll screw around in training mode until I feel I have a good understanding of the character's hitboxes and movement. Then maybe I'll play the CPUs for a bit before heading online. Over time my new character will feel more and more natural.

But there are things that make it easier. For instance, Brawl has pretty much the same control scheme across all characters. I play Street Fighter as well and in that game picking up new characters is a lot harder since there's character specific combos and other stuff that can be drastically different.

And you can always apply what you learn from one character to another if possible. There are definitely general techniques in Brawl. For instance, you might have seen me doing fast fall edge hogs...once I learned that with a heavy slow character it became simple to do with everyone (though I still mess it up sometimes especially in a lot of lag).

Advice? Hmm let's see. Give me a few minutes.

Okay advice time:

-I noticed when you want to, you can space really well at least with Wolf's back air. I would also try to incorporate his other aerial moves as well, they are also great and could probably lead into better kill opportunities in some cases. I think some can kill outright.

Thus there's no reason really for you to throw out all those unsafe smash attacks and dash attacks at low percent. Or his DACUS. I would save those as rare mixups and only do them occasionally. On the ground Wolf's tilts/grab/jabs are probably better safer options. You might have noticed sometimes I"d just stand a character length away from you just waiting for the inevitable unsafe smash attack on my shield.

Plus fresh down smash is a great kill option for wolf but yours was often stale because you used it a bit too much early on. I'd definitley safe it for the kill.

-Recovering. If I'm near the middle of the stage you should never try to up/side B back on stage, too much lag and an easy punish as you saw. You didn't do this often but sometimes you seemed to panic and randomly do this. But in general you were pretty good at mixing it up.

Also when you are on the ledge again wakeup attacks is not a good option imo. Again it's only good as a rare mixup, otherwise it's too punishable. Basically I think jumping off (both regularly and by going down first) are better options and then occasionally you want to roll/normal getup/getup attack. Not all the time.

Also when I'm juggling you, you want to try to DI away from me and perhaps to the ledge (safer than trying to land on stage sometimes). But always try to mix it up, try to never be predictable.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
You're not supposed to double post. Under your post you should see an edit button. Use edit to add to your posts.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
GGS

I've played competitively for around 2 years now. Or maybe closer to a year to be more accurate since I take so many breaks (I'll play for say a month, then take a month break etc.).

Well there's a lot of help out there if you want to learn multiple characters so imo it's not that hard to do but yeah it can be time consuming. If I want to pick up X character I'll watch videos of X characters from "top" players and maybe look up a guide or two. Then I'll screw around in training mode until I feel I have a good understanding of the character's hitboxes and movement. Then maybe I'll play the CPUs for a bit before heading online. Over time my new character will feel more and more natural.

But there are things that make it easier. For instance, Brawl has pretty much the same control scheme across all characters. I play Street Fighter as well and in that game picking up new characters is a lot harder since there's character specific combos and other stuff that can be drastically different.

And you can always apply what you learn from one character to another if possible. There are definitely general techniques in Brawl. For instance, you might have seen me doing fast fall edge hogs...once I learned that with a heavy slow character it became simple to do with everyone (though I still mess it up sometimes especially in a lot of lag).

Advice? Hmm let's see. Give me a few minutes.

Okay advice time:

-I noticed when you want to, you can space really well at least with Wolf's back air. I would also try to incorporate his other aerial moves as well, they are also great and could probably lead into better kill opportunities in some cases. I think some can kill outright.

Thus there's no reason really for you to throw out all those unsafe smash attacks and dash attacks at low percent. Or his DACUS. I would save those as rare mixups and only do them occasionally. On the ground Wolf's tilts/grab/jabs are probably better safer options. You might have noticed sometimes I"d just stand a character length away from you just waiting for the inevitable unsafe smash attack on my shield.

Plus fresh down smash is a great kill option for wolf but yours was often stale because you used it a bit too much early on. I'd definitley safe it for the kill.

-Recovering. If I'm near the middle of the stage you should never try to up/side B back on stage, too much lag and an easy punish as you saw. You didn't do this often but sometimes you seemed to panic and randomly do this. But in general you were pretty good at mixing it up.

Also when you are on the ledge again wakeup attacks is not a good option imo. Again it's only good as a rare mixup, otherwise it's too punishable. Basically I think jumping off (both regularly and by going down first) are better options and then occasionally you want to roll/normal getup/getup attack. Not all the time.

Also when I'm juggling you, you want to try to DI away from me and perhaps to the ledge (safer than trying to land on stage sometimes). But always try to mix it up, try to never be predictable.
Thanks man, I've screenshotted this and will keep it in mind

Also, my controller is 12 years old and isn't in the best shape, which is what caused the shine SD's. The control stick gets stuck on rare occasions when I slam it downward xD

And as for DACUS, that became a habit of mine just because I love to watch it xD

And I don't know if this has already been discovered yet or not, but I noticed that if I DACUS and d-smash with the right timing, it cancels the DACUS and d-smashes toward the end of the slide. I'll be looking into this further haha

2 years is quite a while, even with breaks... Compared to my 4 months of work at least... I still want/need to gather lots of experience~

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I probably should not have said 2 years lol. that makes it sound like a lot more work than it really is. Again I'm just telling you the time span but I didn't play that long straight. At most I have played (when taking out all those breaks) is probably 14 months at most.

Plus I'm a slow learner, you might pick up stuff faster.

Edit:

Interesting I did not know you could do that with Wolf if true. You can sometimes SDI out of his upsmash so downsmash fresh from DACUS could definitely be a better option.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Hmm I probably should not have said 2 years lol. that makes it sound like a lot more work than it really is. Again I'm just telling you the time span but I didn't play that long straight. At most I have played (when taking out all those breaks) is probably 14 months at most.

Plus I'm a slow learner, you might pick up stuff faster.

Edit:

Interesting I did not know you could do that with Wolf if true. You can sometimes SDI out of his upsmash so downsmash fresh from DACUS could definitely be a better option.
I've had it happen a couple times pretty much randomly when I use DACUS to bait a punish attempt and repeatedly tilt c-stick down for a d-smash punish. I'll mess with it some and see if I can replicate it at all

Will I be the founder of DCDS (DACUS cancel d-smash)? Would be pretty cool to change some meta-game a bit xD

Top Bottom