• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Super I can play later today if you are interested. You wanted my Diddy right? I'll oblige. Though I'll probably be using a lot of other characters this time as well.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I can see why some people might not be interested in playing you lol.
Hey man, I am like the Prince from Katamari Damacy, I just lump the haters together everywhere I go. :p

But for real, I am not the best player here by any means though. There's people like DAS, Gohan, GYK, and someonerandom to name a few. They are a lot more fierce than I am, though I do think I'm above average LOL

I was clearly outmatched but that's still fun for me. Thanks for the games
The matches were fun, ggs. I especially like how you weren't afraid to pick stages like Onett/Corneria, it's fun to play on different stages and not just Final Destination/Smashville all the time. It really freshens things up and makes things interesting to see how people react on stages like that LOL.

Don't be fooled by versing me, your Sheik has a lot of potential to be even more amazing, I definitely think you should keep using her with Zelda. :)

sfoster83

Smash Rookie
But for real, I am not the best player here by any means though. There's people like DAS, Gohan, GYK, and someonerandom to name a few. They are a lot more fierce than I am, though I do think I'm above average LOL

Don't be fooled by versing me, your Sheik has a lot of potential to be even more amazing, I definitely think you should keep using her with Zelda. :)
Thanks, I've mained Zelda for a while, still new to sheik and ike.
I figure with ike at least I'm not playing one of "worst" characters in the game lol. I haven't done nearly as much branching out as you. Wouldn't mind playing again some day.

Pika I can brawl

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
Thanks, I've mained Zelda for a while, still new to sheik and ike.
I figure with ike at least I'm not playing one of "worst" characters in the game lol. I haven't done nearly as much branching out as you. Wouldn't mind playing again some day.

Pika I can brawl
ok ill add ya

ThisIsNotJake

Smash Rookie
gg das i actually had fun for the most part
i hope improved a little bit over the course of that. i definitely learned a lot about recovery options.
Got any overall advice or characters that you think I should keep with?
ill keep practicing and we can play again some time

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Oh I feel so honored, I would say that the other people you put me with are a lot better than me, but thanks for the compliment.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
gg das i actually had fun for the most part
i hope improved a little bit over the course of that. i definitely learned a lot about recovery options.
Got any overall advice or characters that you think I should keep with?
ill keep practicing and we can play again some time

GGs as well Jake I was thinking to myself who does this guy main lol? I'm glad that you got some stuff out of these matches.

As for characters I wouldn't be sure who to tell, but I felt you did best with Peach, MK, and you played D3 plenty so may'be them. As for advice right now you probably need to find who you want to play first.

The problems you have atm are you shouldn't always come towards me like that when you're falling back to the stage or anything. Also I think you had trouble reacting, so improve your speed and reactions overall. Another thing don't spot dodge so much I always count on my opponents to have that as possible habit. I look to be able to read them and get free hits. Learn to avoid my attacks better, and don't over use moves and mix them up. Keep me guessing.

Adapt if you see something I tend to do, and counter it.

Like I said you just need to figure out which characters you want to really play as the most first, and learn what they can do and apply all that I said above.

I think you can do it.

Edit: There isn't a "best" in this arena imo.

ThisIsNotJake

Smash Rookie
GGs as well Jake I was thinking to myself who does this guy main lol? I'm glad that you got some stuff out of these matches.

As for characters I wouldn't be sure who to tell, but I felt you did best with Peach, MK, and you played D3 plenty so may'be them. As for advice right now you probably need to find who you want to play first.

The problems you have atm are you shouldn't always come towards me like that when you're falling back to the stage or anything. Also I think you had trouble reacting, so improve your speed and reactions overall. Another thing don't spot dodge, so much I always count on my opponents to have that as possible habit. I look to be able to read them and get free hits. Learn to avoid my attacks better, and don't over use moves and mix them up. Keep me guessing.

Like I said you just need to figure out which characters you want to really play as the most first, and learn what they can do and apply all that I said above.

I think you can do it.

Edit: There isn't a "best" in this arena imo.
thanks a lot man
ill try to work on all of that^^
also is it bad if i couldnt tell who your main is too?

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
thanks a lot man
ill try to work on all of that^^
also is it bad if i couldnt tell who your main is too?

I play a lot of people for the heck of it and boredom lol. My pride and joy characters are Marth and Peach lol.

It might of been confusing then, but not a bad thing since I never told you lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
It seems like there's more and more P:M players on the arena every day, it makes me so happy deep down in the feels.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Anyone wanna Brawl?
~Im also down for P:M, but b/c of the lag I might SD all 4 of my stocks since I'm so technical in "melee" in general.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Anyone wanna Brawl?
~Im also down for P:M, but b/c of the lag I might SD all 4 of my stocks since I'm so technical in "melee" in general.
wanna join with me and deadjames? if he decides to play.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
SuperMetroid I'm available to play again now if you want.

Top Bottom