• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
GGS Pikaknight. Not sure what that last game was about. Hopefully that was not a ragequit lol.

If you want advice let me know.
nah. my hands were hurting lol. I love mk dittos, i just needed a break. whats nair beat?? ik it can beat glide attack.. but what else can nair beat (mk dittos)

Zork

Smash Apprentice
nah. my hands were hurting lol. I love mk dittos, i just needed a break. whats nair beat?? ik it can beat glide attack.. but what else can nair beat (mk dittos)

Well nair can only beat glide attack if you do it early as far as I know. Otherwise glide attack will probably beat out a late nair. In other words it has to be done before/as the glide attack is coming out. Nair can technically beat tornado as well from the top (but every move can beat nado from the top) so yeah. It's probably better to just opt for dair there and keep your nair fresh.

Not sure what else nair cleanly beats. There might not be anything else. But I'm no expert.

Other than that I usually value nair as a kill option so unless you hit my shield with something very unsafe (in this case I'll do out of shield nair to punish) I generally try to keep the nair fresh. Oh and I might use it in low percent combos/strings sometimes because by the time you are in kill percent it will be fresh again anyway.

Edit:

SuperMetroid44 if you are still there, I'm up for a few games. I'll go Diddy as you requested but I might also use a lot of other characters this time if you don't mind.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games Foster! Loving the Sheik and Zelda mix X) Just try to change things up and go in at times... camping Link Is never a good idea, the best way to get Link is get him offstage and just do work on him. In a combat game Link wins and my extra stuff with Link makes it tougher. Overall sick work<3

Edit: Yeah I don't have to much trouble on those special stages. I actually like to brawl on those stages X) Rainbow Cruse is the best <3 Maybe we can team battle sometime? You look really good as a team battle partner. Well enjoy your food!

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Do any people want to start a Team Battle by any chance? I'm kind of in the mood for it X)
I'll 1v1 ya until people answer you...

You should put your brawl code up... It makes things easy.

What is it that snake says when he first enters? It sounds like "Whatcha' been HA"

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Yeah I know im bad DAS ggs though.

GGs as well Hyp3r I don't think you're bad, but you shouldn't give up though if things are down. I can't tell you what to do, but its a suggestion.

Also sorry about any of the lag. It got pretty bad at some points.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs as well Hyp3r I don't think you're bad, but you shouldn't give up though if things are down. I can't tell you what to do, but its a suggestion.

Also sorry about any of the lag. It got pretty bad at some points.
You clearly outplayed me and I just get discouraged easily, especially if you pull a beam sword :/

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
@ GYK: Just delete me and add my FC again please. Cause it deletes you if I go off my friend roster after adding you lol

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
You clearly outplayed me and I just get discouraged easily, especially if you pull a beam sword :/

Felt the same way at times, but I gotten better and don't really get discouraged that much. That's because I know I'm gonna get them eventually plus I'm learning here and here. We'll fight some more, and see what happens in later matches if we play again.

Beam Sword well I have to use that, and Peach can't help what she pulls out lol.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
SuperMetroid44 if you are still there, I'm up for a few games. I'll go Diddy as you requested but I might also use a lot of other characters this time if you don't mind.
Sorry about not responding.

I have some people over and their on Netflix, if we brawl now it'll lag more than before, and I don't wanna be the reason for lag... We can brawl a bit later if you still have time. Like around 9-10 PM EST.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Felt the same way at times, but I gotten better and don't really get discouraged that much. That's because I know I'm gonna get them eventually plus I'm learning here and here. We'll fight some more, and see what happens in later matches if we play again.

Beam Sword well I have to use that, and Peach can't help what she pulls out lol.
Alright, any advice you could give other than don't give up?

Zork

Smash Apprentice
9-10PM EST works for me SuperMetroid, I'm doing something right now anyway.

Just post here around that time when you are ready.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Alright, any advice you could give other than don't give up?

Advice hmm its gonna be hard considering you didn't have any real habits, but it came down to experience more than anything I'll try though.

Let's see I think you had a problem staying outside the range of my moves. Learn more baits and mindgames with Kirby those jumps can be used for a bit of confusion. Also I think you should use some more tilts as well instead of looking to get me with smashes sometimes. Don't use the hammer that much either. Learn how to cut off more options when I'm off stage, so take a few more risks at times. Work on those reads I believe. Also be more patient here and there just for those opportunities.

Vs Peach you do have to be somewhat more patient in the matchup, and it be very slow paced.

Vs ZSS you can't have her getting you where she wants, and its good to not let her move around so much. Quick reflexes are good vs her too with the whole front b and stun stuff going on. In the air its better to be directly under her than any where else. Since she really just got down b to attacks with which isn't a useful move.

Keep me guessing. I tend to look to see what makes my opponent what they are.

Top Bottom