• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

HYP3R

Smash Lord
That's me. GGS... I wanted to beat you with toon link SOOO bad... Oh well that one victory with pokemon trainer where you SDed off the edge will have to do...

You main Kirby like he is high teir. Good job on all your 0 percent grab combos... I hard a HECK of a time trying to escape them.
I always fish for grabs at 0%, its a bad habit of mine really. When you think i'm going to grab you its best to keep your distance because kirby has such a hard time approaching.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
lol, ill be hosting
GGs as always~

Weird how your Shiek was no problem for me, then you turn around and **** me with Diddy xD

And of course the lag led to dumb buffers (smashes instead of tilts/short-hop aerials) but that's no excuse really :3

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
ggs? you just kinda disapeared, either way i was getting really bag lag in the second room. dont think well play again that lag was pretty bad on my end :/? good rob though

Sorry for this late reply first and foremost

GGs, sorry for the abrupt stop, I was called by my mother :confused:

You have a decent MK btw

Edit: I missed the dubz... Anyone wanna play in the meantime?

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
GGs converse :) umm I guess some advice for your lucario is to not to smash a lot

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Alright, I am free for the elusive acts of "smashing". I think Zork is brawling someone else, so anyone wanna brawl until he's done?

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
When lucario's hands are glowing press B(special) and then press A(attack)

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
GGs as always~

Weird how your Shiek was no problem for me, then you turn around and **** me with Diddy xD

And of course the lag led to dumb buffers (smashes instead of tilts/short-hop aerials) but that's no excuse really :3

lol, I wouldnt call it ****. Those were close matches.
Idk what's going on with Sheik lately, I used to slay with her and lately I have been getting 2-stocked >.<

That being said, anyone else wanna brawl?

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS Ben. It was a bit too laggy for my taste though. I couldn't punish nearly as well as I liked and flat-out missed stuff. Very annoying but oh well.

If you want advice let me know.

Edit:

SuperMetroid I'm available to Brawl now if you want.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
GGS Ben. It was a bit too laggy for my taste though. I couldn't punish nearly as well as I liked and flat-out missed stuff. Very annoying but oh well.

If you want advice let me know.

Edit:

SuperMetroid I'm available to Brawl now if you want.
If you are offering advice I will not let the opportunity go to waste.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Well I faced a few other people here and they asked me for advice so I thought it's standard procedure here.

Hmm let's see

-Learn to space better and don't do things that are unsafe on shield. How do you know you are spacing well? When you are getting shield grabbed less and less imo. If you do something and your opponent instantly shield grabbed it was either unsafe or not spaced well. As Marth I think short hops forward airs are pretty important for his game. For Toon Link while his down air can't be punished that well seemingly on block, if I avoid it and then dash back in range I can punish it. This is known as whiff punishing So it's not safe to do from above all the time like you did either.

-Block a bit more. It's good you don't rely on shield but you don't seem to do it at all really lol. Sometimes blocking can be the best option since rolls are often unsafe. Or perhaps jump away. But you don't seem to shield at all, at one point I was starting to wonder if your shield button was broken lol.

-Don't just throw out moves hoping they'll hit. For instance probably not going to get hit by a full screen shield breaker no matter how many times you try it and again, I can whiff punish it. It's one of those things you should do once in a while, not all the time.

-If I'm approaching you from below and you are in the air, don't throw out an aerial every single time, this makes it really easy to juggle you. Mix it up with air dodges, drifting away (to the ledge sometimes perhaps), side B delays etc. Everything I was close to you in the air, you did nothing but attack.

You've got potential, you are just lacking some fundamentals that should come over time if you work at them. I highly recommend watching some top players of TL and Marth play, it will help a lot trust me.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hyper says good games as well! I can see why you're top 3 for best Ness Timmy! Next time I want to 1vs1 you only. Your main verses my main. I feel my Link didn't do every well, :/ in the including of lag.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Well, those were some great team battles!

GYK I need to 1vs1 you again lol

My only complaints were some of the stage choices lol (shadow moses, luigi's mansion and bridge of eldin mainly)

Those Falcon Punches though... xD

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi is one of the best Ness's in Canada? I definitely want to face him as well sometime if he's up for it.

Edit:

SuperMetroid I'm still around if you are still up for it.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

My only complaints were some of the stage choices lol (shadow moses, luigi's mansion and bridge of eldin mainly)

Yeah but it's fun to choose special stages... it's only fun and always should be xD I wanted to hit everyone with the Falcon punch xD I succeed! Show your PK?

Sure thing Timmy! Just let me know when you can.

Edit: Yeah Zork, he's top 3 Ness in Canada. RedX being the first of course.

HYP3R

Smash Lord

I hate shadow moses I refused to play on it.

GYK y u killin me half the time

foster I saw you doing nothing while we were ganging up on ness a lot

I thought I could mirror your ness timmy but I was wrong lol

regardless fun matches

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GYK you main Ike right and secondary GnW?

I don't know how you mid tier heros do it lol. I mean I play a lot of mid tiers and have had some success with them but I couldn't imagine maining one of them when they have so many bad matchups. I guess I'm pretty lazy.

sfoster83

Smash Rookie

Those were my picks :p because my recovery was so atrocious i felt bad for you that i kept dieing so early. lol sorry

He was doing fine, if I jumped in I would have ended up hitting him. zelda's best bet is to back him up with fireballs :p

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Yoshi is one of the best Ness's in Canada? I definitely want to face him as well sometime if he's up for it.

Edit:

SuperMetroid I'm still around if you are still up for it.

I honestly considered myself to be just a learning player since my first tourney was June 2012, and I'm still young (currently 15 years old, soon to be 16 xD) and lack match up experience, but my best friends Kels (who is the best female Sonic main in Canada, though I'd remove the female part and go as far as to say she is the best Sonic in Canada) called me one of the best Ness' in Canada, and Guard (who I believe is the best Fox in Canada) called me the best Ness here. A few of my other friends consider me as one of the best Ness' here as well. :)

I haven't played Red X though or even Pidge sadly. Oh how I wish I could travel. .__.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
GGs Ometa. I really like your Mario and R.O.B., they are very solid characters!

There was quite a bit of lag in the matches, but still awesome games, man.

ZORK, I AM READY FOR YOU.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131

regardless fun matches

Derp double post.

I loved that match on Pirate Ship, I had to save it lol

I was mad having my own Ness being used against me LOL
You tried to copy my playstyle which somewhat worked and got me frustrated :p

Also at times its best to not take the stock of your ally. =P

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
GYK you main Ike right and secondary GnW?

I don't know how you mid tier heros do it lol. I mean I play a lot of mid tiers and have had some success with them but I couldn't imagine maining one of them when they have so many bad matchups. I guess I'm pretty lazy.
My main is actually Link. But I'm more successful with Ike. The only time I can truly feel comfortable with Link is if there isn't no serious lag. I play a very fast flashy, bomb sliding game with Link... and If I can't play my style with Link, then I don't want to embarrass the guy. I second Game And Watch, Ike, and King DeDeDe. And the rest are pocket characters. Except Peach! I can't play her for the likes of me!

You just have to experiment with your characters. Stop playing the game people want you to play it. Don't think of what people say and do. If Salem thought the way Nick Riddle did, then there wouldn't be a new metagame for Zero Suit Samus. I'm not going to go all deep and stuff. But what I will say is "play your own game with the character you most enjoy with." I'll use Link more next time... even though I'm playing a monster of a MetaKnight! So who are you exactly? Your name says 'Zork' I thought you're that Zork from Aib. So... who are you xD

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
GGs Ometa. I really like your Mario and R.O.B., they are very solid characters!

There was quite a bit of lag in the matches, but still awesome games, man.
Likewise. You have a solid Samus and Kirby :pimp:

You have a bit of a spotdodge/smashing problem - (in the last match) I would fake an approach and you would almost instinctively proceed to spotdodge and attack...

GGs though!~ (Despite the rough latency...) Anybody else wanna play?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

GYK y u killin me half the time

regardless fun matches
My fault bro xD I just wanted to Falcon Punch everyone xD And I did :D Also you need to learn to assist me (if I need the assist). Like I was about to gimp Timmy, then you came to my aid xD Then you gimped Timmy and me xD Ha ha! Captain falcon to free on WiFi <3 I don't need help like that, only when you see my damage metter flying out the window, then that's a sign to come help me.

Also we need to work on some team battle combos. We had a chance as well. Timmy was on his last stock, with a fresh 0% meter. You grabbed him and did the forward throw, I foot-stooled and all you had to do was jab lock a little; then when Ness got up I'd charge a up smash, while you do your side special hammer. The impact would Ko him easily. Got to think like this my boy. Anyway fun matches to all! I use Game And Watch in Team Battle, because he's way better than Ike or Link (when it comes to Team Battles).

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Well I faced a few other people here and they asked me for advice so I thought it's standard procedure here.

Thank you for your feedback. Not everyone tells you what you do wrong and that's one of the biggest helps. I am using a wiimote so shorthops often take too much concentration to pull off correctly. I wasn't blocking mostly because of playing ice climbers earlier... (those dirty rotten icys)

As far as toon link goes, I have no clue how to play him properly... And his dair is my favorite attack, obviously a disadvantage when I'm spamming the blammed thing.

I think my biggest problem is that I still haven't switched my mentality from aggressive to defensive.

You played spot on the entire time. I would say that my favorite fights against you where snake and MK. Not Donkey kong though... I did... Poorly...

Top Bottom