• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Ansem

Smash Cadet
GGs ! so give me a minute and ill edit with a few tips :)

edit: So first thing you when i switched to :samus2: , it was to force you to approach, because when i was playing :metaknight: you where just like sitting there clueless because i play so aggressive lol. approaching is a big part of the game so you should try and switch it.

You got kinda predictable with the get up attacks from the ledge, i shouldve done more to punish it but oh well. some things you couldve done to punish me was grabbing me or smashing me after laggy moves like nado and drill rush, and rollsand fsmash but you'll learn with time. i know i shouldnt use dirll rush shhh

Your :lucario: :was pretty good, you neglected a lot of his moves like bair and dsmash to punish me couldve probably picked up a few more stocks that way

Over all you had some really good reads with shadow ball, try spamming some of the small ones

GGs! we did have some really good ping, hardly any lag!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Good games as well! I know that I didn't win against your MK in any matches, but I've used him before, so I thinks there's a little bit of insight I could offer. It's just his side-b move. It really shouldn't be used for offense, as there are plenty of better options. It's more of a recovery move. :3
Anyway, as for your Samus:
I noticed that you grab a lot with her. Not that that's a bad thing, but if you don't already, you should keep in mind that if you miss with that, it's just way too punishable. ;P

That's really all I could think of, though. Good games again~
:D

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Shieldbreaker is garbage offensively in Brawl it is really only good for recovery, in Melee and P:M it is a really solid edge-guarding option and because it actually slashes at angle you can hit people on platforms with it too.
GARBGAE?!? Not so! I have gotten any a shield poke with brawl shield breaker. I main zelda in pm though and I haven't used pm marth...

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139

edit: So first thing you when i switched to :samus2: , it was to force you to approach, because when i was playing :metaknight: you where just like sitting there clueless because i play so aggressive lol. approaching is a big part of the game so you should try and switch it.

You got kinda predictable with the get up attacks from the ledge, i shouldve done more to punish it but oh well. some things you couldve done to punish me was grabbing me or smashing me after laggy moves like nado and drill rush, and rollsand fsmash but you'll learn with time. i know i shouldnt use dirll rush shhh

Your :lucario: :was pretty good, you neglected a lot of his moves like bair and dsmash to punish me couldve probably picked up a few more stocks that way

Over all you had some really good reads with shadow ball, try spamming some of the small ones

GGs! we did have some really good ping, hardly any lag!
Ah, you see, I was definitely trying to approach you, but you wouldn't let me with your SHFairs. xD It was a bit aggravating at times, lol. So good job with that~
I know I have to use Luc's bair more, I just need to practice that. :p Honestly, though, you didn't really give me many chances to Dsmash, haha~
Thanks for the advice! ^^

Btw, it's Aura Sphere, not Shadow ball~
;P

Ansem

Smash Cadet
Ah, you see, I was definitely trying to approach you, but you wouldn't let me with your SHFairs. xD It was a bit aggravating at times, lol. So good job with that~
I know I have to use Luc's bair more, I just need to practice that. :p Honestly, though, you didn't really give me many chances to Dsmash, haha~
Thanks for the advice! ^^

Btw, it's Aura Sphere, not Shadow ball~
;P
whateverrr

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I have both of you added, mind if I watch? I'm doing homework anyway atm.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
Anyone wanna play? :seuss:

Y'know, I think it would be fun if all the active people here got together and had a tourney :pimp:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Pay no attention to this accidental double post. In fact delete it if you can.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Looks like deadjames is busy. In that case I'll play Brawl for now.

Anyone want to Brawl? Kester? I have yet to face you.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
Looks like deadjames is busy. In that case I'll play Brawl for now.

Anyone want to Brawl? Kester? I have yet to face you.
sorry i gotta get to my homework now. im brawled out. ill add u though so we can play another time.
Good games! Great Snake you have there~
;P
thanks ur good with lucario. i cant even beat u with my secondary characters, only snake.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Okay, no problem then. Anyone else want to play? Amical?

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Oh it looks like Ben has responded, go ahead and play him then.

I'll wait for someone else.

Edit:

Amical, if you want to Brawl I'm still available.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GARBGAE?!? Not so! I have gotten any a shield poke with brawl shield breaker. I main zelda in pm though and I haven't used pm marth...
That doesn't make it a good move, any smart player wouldn't even try to shield it, they would simply evade and punish.
Its all good, Ben you can play with Ometa.

P:M anyone?
I'll play.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Shield breaker can be good very occasionally in Brawl if you are great at reading when they are going to shield and if their shield is low. There are ways to make it more tricky to see coming as well such as pivot shield breaker.

But yeah you can't just throw it out all the time and not expect to be punished hard for it. There are so many ways to punish it on reaction.

Well if james is playing ometa now...does anyone else want to Brawl?

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Sorry DAS for quitting out. Gtg...

But ggs as usuall. Sorry I wasnt on my game today. I can imagine some of those games were boring for you lol

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Shield breaker can be good very occasionally in Brawl if you are great at reading when they are going to shield and if their shield is low. There are ways to make it more tricky to see coming as well such as pivot shield breaker.

But yeah you can't just throw it out all the time and not expect to be punished hard for it. There are so many ways to punish it on reaction.

I can play you, I'm on P:M at the moment just let me reset.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Sorry DAS for quitting out. Gtg...

But ggs as usuall. Sorry I wasnt on my game today. I can imagine some of those games were boring for you lol

GGs too Courage I was about to stop myself after that Mario vs Bowser one ended. Don't worry about having leave lol it would be crazy since you have to go. It wasn't boring at all, and you even got the first match in Zelda vs D3 lol.

I don't think I've ever used Wolf against you. I can't recall you having Bowser or Pika as a character you choose.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢

Ill Brawl you, hopefully there isnt much lag.
---
lol darn ninja'd. Anyone else care to Brawl?

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs too Courage I was about to stop myself after that Mario vs Bowser one ended. Don' worry about having leave lol it would be crazy since you have to go. It wasn't boring at all, and you even got the first match in Zelda vs D3 lol.

I don't think I've ever used Wolf against you. I can't recall you having Bowser or Pika as a character you choose.
Bowser is an old time secondary i'm starting to use again. Same for pika.

I think i was doing decently the beginning matches but started getting mentally drained/tired as the matches progressed lol. I'm goin' out to eat so i'm sure that'll fix that xP. Good stuff. Keep getting better, so i can keep trying to catch up~

Top Bottom