• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Amazon and Vintage Stock are the best places to find Nintendo brand Gamecube controllers for a decent price.

I forgot those online sites you order from.

Thanks for reminding me.

Edit: I think I'm out for today. I'll see you guys later goodnight.

DeliciousOctorok

Smash Cadet
I can tell you mash a lot. Not to be rude, but you would throw out a lot of smashes when they weren't necessary. Also whenever you would come down to me from the top you would always come in with an arial, which I would usually grab punish. I'm just really bad at handling this kind of play style. If you go against anyone better at spacing than me you'll probably get beat pretty bad. All I'm saying is you're too wreck less and you make yourself unsafe a lot of the time.

crashman360

Smash Rookie
I can tell you mash a lot. Not to be rude, but you would throw out a lot of smashes when they weren't necessary. Also whenever you would come down to me from the top you would always come in with an arial, which I would usually grab punish. I'm just really bad at handling this kind of play style. If you go against anyone better at spacing than me you'll probably get beat pretty bad. All I'm saying is you're too wreck less and you make yourself unsafe a lot of the time.

well yeah, usually i don't play like that as you could tell, i suck at the dedede match up haha. before that i was mixing it up. however if it's working and if i'm beating you i see no reason to change it up. i could tell that you were having trouble adapting if thats the case then why mix it up to something you could actually play against. lol

DeliciousOctorok

Smash Cadet
well yeah, usually i don't play like that as you could tell, i suck at the dedede match up haha. before that i was mixing it up. however if it's working and if i'm beating you i see no reason to change it up. i could tell that you were having trouble adapting if thats the case then why mix it up to something you could actually play against. lol

Yeah like I said I'm just bad at dealing with this style, and if it works then you should definitely use it. Probably the reason you're not great at the Dedede matchup is because Dedede is easy to space with. His back air covers a lot of ground and he has a huge grab range. That's why I was grab punishing so many of your approaches.

crashman360

Smash Rookie
Yeah like I said I'm just bad at dealing with this style, and if it works then you should definitely use it. Probably the reason you're not great at the Dedede matchup is because Dedede is easy to space with. His back air covers a lot of ground and he has a huge grab range. That's why I was grab punishing so many of your approaches.

yeah exactly haha i don't play alot of dedede's.

good games anyhow

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
just, hold shield on the smash... after the smash grab or tilt. that's what i do against that type of play style. and you might be spot dodging too much. if hes throwing out a lot of smashes, just keep that shield up and punish. its hard sometimes because in brawl smashes are really cheap on shield. i have the same problems with certain characters that have strong fast smashes.

DeliciousOctorok

Smash Cadet
just, hold shield on the smash... after the smash grab or tilt. that's what i do against that type of play style. and you might be spot dodging too much. if hes throwing out a lot of smashes, just keep that shield up and punish. its hard sometimes because in brawl smashes are really cheap on shield. i have the same problems with certain characters that have strong fast smashes.

Okay thanks for the tips. I realize I wasn't tilting much out of shield. I often have a hard time using up tilt because of tap to jump, and I don't want to turn it off because I plan on improving in Melee which forces you to use tap to jump. I'm really just playing Brawl now because there's going to be a tournament at my school tomorrow and I want to see if I can win. I'm probably going to run into a lot of people who have the play style of Crash's so any tips on how to counter it is great.

Anyone want to Brawl btw?

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Okay thanks for the tips. I realize I wasn't tilting much out of shield. I often have a hard time using up tilt because of tap to jump, and I don't want to turn it off because I plan on improving in Melee which forces you to use tap to jump. I'm really just playing Brawl now because there's going to be a tournament at my school tomorrow and I want to see if I can win. I'm probably going to run into a lot of people who have the play style of Crash's so any tips on how to counter it is great.

You can join me and I wont be mk this time xD

Also ggs pikaknight, constant nados tho :/

pikaknight

Smash Cadet

yeah. DDD is great with spacing. but once your opponent gets in on you. he doesn't have fast enough tilts to really do anything with. usually when D3 is up close with someone all he can really do is grab. im talking about close close here. i suggest falco. if you can use him. play whoever your comfy with and just keep the shield up. D3's shield is really good anyways. so up close smash range use f-tilt (D3) use the first jab, if you think you can get all three go for it.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Wolf metagame news: I was able to repeat the DCDS once after two straight hours of attempts

If I can just learn the timing on it, Wolf may rise significantly on the tier list :3

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'll play P:M with you
That post was weeks ago, but I guess I can play for just a bit, I was going to get ready to go to bed.

@Alexo: GGs, I guess I'm going to get back on since my friend wants to play now, you can join us if you want, he practices with j-slo and I as well, but I'll warn you beforehand he's not nearly as good as us, also his roommate thinks he can out Bowser me, and I'm like dude you play Ness, but whatever money match me bro!

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GGs apparently I play like **** everytime I play you, Im really gettin tired of it. Your Sheik is still good. I think that you're just playing really good, not that Im playing bad. :mad: is how I felt throughout.

Top Bottom