• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
lol wtf??? Lucky!!! I got mine in like May or something.

Indeed I am heh heh. The problems with it is the C-stick won't always respond, so it hesitate a few moves of mines.

Also the right movement doesn't work as well as the left, so I have to push a bit harder on that side to dash.

You got it in May, but its messed up now lol?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Indeed I am heh heh. The problems with it is the C-stick won't always respond, so it hesitate a few moves of mines.

Also the right movement doesn't work as well as the left, so I have to push a bit harder on that side to dash.

You got it in May, but its messed up now lol?
Everything you said that is wrong with your controller is wrong with mine plus much more. I dont know if you could tell, but with my characters I would always crouch randomly even when I was walking, just because of the slight pull down. Sometimes none of my buttons will respond, so yeah.. its hard to punish anything. It will always dash when I dont want it to, and doesn't dash when i want it to, but hey! i cant really complain. I could always get a new controller, but Im just too lazy. :glare:.

And yeah, thats like a normal thing for me, for my gamecube controllers to stop working around the 6th month mark, no matter if I play alot or not. Thats why it totally blew my mind when you said you still have yours from 2002 in, what I would call, ok working condition compared to mine which was like this for like the last month.

Mvmt

Smash Rookie
For sure. I'm not used to playing on wifi at all... :/ I want to get better at it though, so I can actually play against people.

crashman360

Smash Rookie
For sure. I'm not used to playing on wifi at all... :/ I want to get better at it though, so I can actually play against people.

yeah it's alright. diddy kong is tough on wifi, mainly because lag doesn't do justice for his naner's :p

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Well that was brutal lol. GG I really need to get back into playing again on a regular basis. You got some great chars. btw
Thanks, I main Bowser, but I played around with quite a few characters before I settled on him, I think my Wolf is pretty bad truth be told, but I'm pretty confident in my Mario and Luigi.

djmac318

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I main Bowser, but I played around with quite a few characters before I settled on him, I think my Wolf is pretty bad truth be told, but I'm pretty confident in my Mario and Luigi.
I can tell you like working with the mario squad. To tell u the truth its been a few years since I've played melee with my friends, then i saw project m on the internet and got my motivation to play again. All i can say is i got my work cut out for me lol

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I have to eat dinner now, ggs oct. Hope my mk was half decent practice. :p

Olimar is my least favorite character to vs even as mk lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I can tell you like working with the mario squad. To tell u the truth its been a few years since I've played melee with my friends, then i saw project m on the internet and got my motivation to play again. All i can say is i got my work cut out for me lol
Haha yeah, I play Wario and Peach too, I like all the Mario characters, once they add Yoshi to P:M, I'll probably play him too. Of course I'm pretty hyped for Roy in the next update, I might have to pick him up too.

djmac318

Smash Rookie
Haha yeah, I play Wario and Peach too, I like all the Mario characters, once they add Yoshi to P:M, I'll probably play him too. Of course I'm pretty hyped for Roy in the next update, I might have to pick him up too.
Yeah and those costumes got me excited too. Well i'm def gonna have to play you again so i can get better.

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
GGs pikaknight and nice mk definately gets the job done
thanks haha. GG's, you should use your aura's, there so powerful. plus you can use them to camp me and you can also use them for combos , thats what makes lucario so good.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Everything you said that is wrong with your controller is wrong with mine plus much more. I dont know if you could tell, but with my characters I would always crouch randomly even when I was walking, just because of the slight pull down. Sometimes none of my buttons will respond, so yeah.. its hard to punish anything. It will always dash when I dont want it to, and doesn't dash when i want it to, but hey! i cant really complain. I could always get a new controller, but Im just too lazy. :glare:.

And yeah, thats like a normal thing for me, for my gamecube controllers to stop working around the 6th month mark, no matter if I play alot or not. Thats why it totally blew my mind when you said you still have yours from 2002 in, what I would call, ok working condition compared to mine which was like this for like the last month.

Its hard to find a proper controller though anyway. I mean there's the GameStop ones, but they feel weird and don't seem to last long from what I've heard.

I guess mine lasted long since I didn't play with that much in the past, and used a newer one I had. I didn't take good care of that one since I dropped it quite a few times. I tend to not push on them hard at all

Just gotta get a new one when you feel up to it.

Sorry about not replying I went to do something else. Forgot that I even had this tab open still.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Its hard to find a proper controller though anyway. I mean there's the GameStop ones, but they feel weird and don't seem to last long from what I've heard.

Just gotta get it when feel up to it.

Sorry about not replying I went to do something else. Forgot that I even had this tab open still.
Amazon and Vintage Stock are the best places to find Nintendo brand Gamecube controllers for a decent price.

Edit: Also yes the Gamestop brand is awful, I've bought two and both of them had defective C-sticks right out of the box, not to mention they're damn near impossible to WD with if you play Melee or P:M.

Top Bottom