• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
P
You know it bruh

Gabe, those were GGs minus all the SDs. Nice Link! But we've been brawling for a while and I haven't played Bro is a while
No worries man, ggs indeed. That wolf projectile is hard to get through. I had fun, thanks for the games! :)

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I was trying to join you

I guess Crash and me are finish then.

I'll play you CJ.

GGs Crash I was trying to start it back over since you wanted to hit a motionless me for some reason.

Edit: Nvm you're fighting already hmm.

Anybody wanna play?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Alexo, what do you think of my Sheik? I want to start using her in teams because I feel like she has better chemistry with Ganon than Bowser, and then I'm also working on Lucario and ZSS because they seem like good partners for j-slo's Ness.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GGs deadjames. Sorry I started sandbaggin near the end, I was gettin a little frustrated. Sheik needle gimps xD.

I think your Sheik is good. Those needle gimps are really lame(lame because its good lol) in my opinion, why I rarely use needles lol. Your Lucario and ZSS are good as well. The only thing wrong with your ZSS is that you were Fsmashing(or grabbing idk what it was lol) too much.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs deadjames. Sorry I started sandbaggin near the end, I was gettin a little frustrated. Sheik needle gimps xD.
Haha yeah, I'm not that great with Sheik yet, but those are one thing I feel like I'm on point with. I didn't feel like you were sandbagging too hard, but then again your Mario was super aggro and I'm used to Mario players being more methodical. That's what I love about Mario though there are so many different approaches you can take to playing him.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743

I think your Sheik is good. Those needle gimps are really lame(lame because its good lol) in my opinion, why I rarely use needles lol. Your Lucario and ZSS are good as well. The only thing wrong with your ZSS is that you were Fsmashing(or grabbing idk what it was lol) too much.
It was probably grabs because I grab a lot in general, and that habit doesn't meld well with ZSS because she has like the most punishable grab in the game.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GG's Joey! Sorry for the short session, I've had some back problems and it hurts to lean forward while I play. Good games as always <3; I'm so glad my Link got to escape brawling your sheik lol.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah, I'm not that great with Sheik yet, but those are one thing I feel like I'm on point with. I didn't feel like you were sandbagging too hard, but then again your Mario was super aggro and I'm used to Mario players being more methodical. That's what I love about Mario though there are so many different approaches you can take to playing him.
Yeah I could be a pretty mean Mario, I pulled him out vs Metalbro and we had a bunch of close matches with his Marth. We were both shocked at my Mario lol. I really enjoy playin Doc in Melee, that's the only reason why I know any Mario stuff. Its weird that like all of my characters have taken on my Falcon playstyle, at one point I tried a Uair with Mario and his legs were too short lol. Your Sheik is pretty solid, just work on your edge game.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
GG's Joey! Sorry for the short session, I've had some back problems and it hurts to lean forward while I play. Good games as always <3; I'm so glad my Link got to escape brawling your sheik lol.

lol, yeah man GG's. For that first match I thought you were Luigi until you used the cape, then I was like, "Whaaaa?" lol
I was glad to see Fox come back! Last I heard you had dropped him. I actually am considering dropping Sheik, and I dropped Snake a while back. I might pick up Pikachu - we'll see

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah I could be a pretty mean Mario, I pulled him out vs Metalbro and we had a bunch of close matches with his Marth. We were both shocked at my Mario lol. I really enjoy playin Doc in Melee, that's the only reason why I know any Mario stuff. Its weird that like all of my characters have taken on my Falcon playstyle, at one point I tried a Uair with Mario and his legs were too short lol. Your Sheik is pretty solid, just work on your edge game.
Well Mario's uair kind of serves the same purpose as Falcon's you just have to jump a little higher lol, but yeah Doc is the man, he's my favorite character in Melee even though I usually have to go Marth or Peach for serious matches.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Good games, Hyper! ^^
I have no idea how to fight DK, so it took me quite a few matches to figure him out... xD
The lag, at least in some matches, was terrible! But it was fine otherwise~
Sometimes it took me a match or two to figure out your characters, though. ;P Good job at not being too predictable~

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
lol, yeah man GG's. For that first match I thought you were Luigi until you used the cape, then I was like, "Whaaaa?" lol
I was glad to see Fox come back! Last I heard you had dropped him. I actually am considering dropping Sheik, and I dropped Snake a while back. I might pick up Pikachu - we'll see
Just fyi, if you plan on picking up Pika be prepared to put in a lot of work because he is one of the most technical characters in the game.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good games, Hyper! ^^
I have no idea how to fight DK, so it took me quite a few matches to figure him out... xD
The lag, at least in some matches, was terrible! But it was fine otherwise~
Sometimes it took me a match or two to figure out your characters, though. ;P Good job at not being too predictable~
When I realized you have dissected my kirby I started pulling new characters on you :p

GGs though, I can really see you are improving since the last time we fought.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
When I realized you have dissected my kirby I started pulling new characters on you :p

GGs though, I can really see you are improving since the last time we fought.
Same goes for you~

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Just fyi, if you plan on picking up Pika be prepared to put in a lot of work because he is one of the most technical characters in the game.

Yeah, I know. I'm hoping it will pay off lol. If it doesnt, I have other characters in mind

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah, I know. I'm hoping it will pay off lol. If it doesnt, I have other characters in mind
I think he's worth it, he's my main, but a lot of people would argue that it's not worth the effort since he's only B tier. Personally I think he's A- though, I think he's better than Snake and Falco.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
I think he's worth it, he's my main, but a lot of people would argue that it's not worth the effort since he's only B tier. Personally I think he's A- though, I think he's better than Snake and Falco.

It seems to me like so many people play Meta Knight instead of Pikachu cause he's easier to learn, but honestly I just dont really want to play MK forget that

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
It seems to me like so many people play Meta Knight instead of Pikachu cause he's easier to learn, but honestly I just dont really want to play MK forget that
Yeah well MK is definitely a better character he wins pretty much all of the MUs that Pika struggles with (i.e. ICs, Diddy, Olimar, Marth, and G&W) and he beats Pika too.

Edit: I'd probably play MK too, but I'm garbage with everyone except for Luigi and Pika.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
My controller may not work properly, but lets go DAS.

GGs Gohan I didn't want to play too long this time. Anyway I didn't know you used Ike unless you were just trying out a random person.

I seen that you made a few errors offstage with recovering. Like with that Kirby vs Marth match, but that probably was the lag though or your controller.

I enjoyed playing you as usual Gohan. :)

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Well ok let's see what happens

I probably won't play that long.
GGs...

Well that was brutal lol. I definitely need a new controller, aside from the few mistakes that were my fault of course... like that one of me with Ike on Battlefield. I was thinking too rapidly and had a malfunction. In my head I was like "go low and recover that way with up-b" while also thinking "side-b onto the stage" and somehow both happened at the same time and I up-b'd wayy too far. Must have looked like a complete scrub when that happened. That Kirby sd on Battlefield, apparently it wouldn't jump and since I completely watch my opponent when I play I didn't even notice that I was below the stage. :(. Besides those lame excuses... your very good. No need to tell me anything I was doing wrong, the whole time I could see it. The jump button is jammed so if I jump once it may jump more than once, same goes for Tap Jump. Plus it has a constant pull down, I think, so a lot of shields turned into spotdodges lol, I could see if all from my seat.

Nice to see you use a few new characters. Im afraid to fight your Lucario lol, I feel that thing would just be unstoppable b/c of his comeback capability. Hopefully I could take it on when I get my new controller. :p

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yea hopefully its fixed this time lol
GGs, djmac, sorry about that random taunt, I have it set to X to make footstooling easier and I hit it by accident a lot. I don't really play Fox, but if you'd like some Mario advice let me know.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GGs...

Well that was brutal lol. I definitely need a new controller, aside from the few mistakes that were my fault of course... like that one of me with Ike on Battlefield. I was thinking too rapidly and had a malfunction. In my head I was like "go low and recover that way with up-b" while also thinking "side-b onto the stage" and somehow both happened at the same time and I up-b'd wayy too far. Must have looked like a complete scrub when that happened. That Kirby sd on Battlefield, apparently it wouldn't jump and since I completely watch my opponent when I play I didn't even notice that I was below the stage. :(. Besides those lame excuses... your very good. No need to tell me anything I was doing wrong, the whole time I could see it. The jump button is jammed so if I jump once it may jump more than once, same goes for Tap Jump. Plus it has a constant pull down, I think, so a lot of shields turned into spotdodges lol, I could see if all from my seat.

Nice to see you use a few new characters. Im afraid to fight your Lucario lol, I feel that thing would just be unstoppable b/c of his comeback capability. Hopefully I could take it on when I get my new controller. :p

Thanks for the compliment, and yeah I did wanna see how you do against some other people I play.

Hopefully you get that new controller soon. I'm surprised mine still works decently. Its a gamecube controller that I had since 2002.

No one can do their best with a screwed up controller, so its not a bad excuse at all. Plus we're on wifi and it always lags.

Top Bottom