• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ok. I need practice on my reverse buffer jabs...
Good games. Wifi messed up quite a number of my reverse jab inputs, haha. Try to work out that dodging habit still. And you shouldn't use bdacus so often with Falco. Try to use it more often for killing rather than racking up damage.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
GOOGLE AIN'T LOADING FOR ME. CAN'T GET GOOD IMAGES.

Muh... Marth? Nuuuuu. I was trying to camp you and end the game with something funnier, but z-air wanted to kill you with camp power. Thanks mate, I try. c:

I'll play. Keeping up the practice on my reads.
I'll never be able to beat you will I?
Same old, same old. Your Ike is too powerful! I could get some extre hits in after I did the chaingrab with Falco so I was always looking for it. I also noticed when I give you pressure you'd spot dodge. That or do your jab combo. I can analyze what ever the heck I want and it won't do anything. I just don't know the next step after knowing what you'll do. GG's though.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
CHAIN GRABBERS SUCK ICE CREAM! :grrr::hulk::grrr::hulk:
If you suck bad enough then sometimes its all you can do... Same thing with Kirby-ciding. At least in my case thats how it is. I'm bad so I replace actual skill with advanced techniques that I don't use correctly.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll never be able to beat you will I?
Same old, same old. Your Ike is too powerful! I could get some extre hits in after I did the chaingrab with Falco so I was always looking for it. I also noticed when I give you pressure you'd spot dodge. That or do your jab combo. I can analyze what ever the heck I want and it won't do anything. I just don't know the next step after knowing what you'll do. GG's though.
Yeah, if you're going to fish for grabs to CG, at least use more jabs to set the grab, rather than trying to dash or shield grab mainly. It's pretty easy for me to bait shield grabs out of most of the people I play, so I can get a really good punish in for you using it so often when you're trying to land grab. OoS jab (jab) -> grab is much safer than shield grabbing for Falco, but just try to switch that up more overall.

I only felt real pressure from you when you got me in a CG. I spotdodge to avoid grabs or certain moves that would push my shield too far away for me to punish with jab or a grab. If I'm under pressure, I do my hardest to get offensive and turn it around, as any player should do unless they're using a really camp-centric character. I wouldn't dodge much if at all if you were using someone with a less intimidating grab game. It doesn't have much to do with pressure, personally, but more-so to do with avoiding something that puts me in a very disadvantageous position. If you have me grabbed, you can throw me offstage. Ike's recovery is pretty tripe if you are competent as to how to deal with it/bait either of his options or offstage offensive/defensive tactics if you think you've applied proper pressure.

Falco's jab is really useful for punishing a myriad, even punishment from the other player themselves. I don't feel like you use it enough. It's versatile and can link into quite a lot, most notably grabs, tilts, aerials, laser retreats, and itself. It's pretty vital to playing Falco. Try to replace most of your dodges with jabs/turnaround jabs, grabs/turnaround grabs, and short-hopped aerials. You'll do a lot better on the ground, I promise you'll see a big difference in how well you do.

Also, that tech you got on Yoshi's Island after my spike was top notch.

Top. Notch.

Last edited:

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
If you suck bad enough then sometimes its all you can do... Same thing with Kirby-ciding. At least in my case thats how it is. I'm bad so I replace actual skill with advanced techniques that I don't use correctly.
your not bad in my opinion its just chain crapping ( oopps grabbing >:[ ) is annoying
and should be banned or something to stop it

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Anybody want to play?
You know what...? I will. I kind of lost the feel for smash completely, but now, ever since that Greninja reveal...
I'm hyped out of my socks. And, just to get into the "ninja" spirit, I'm going to use Shiek for the first time ever.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
You know what...? I will. I kind of lost the feel for smash completely, but now, ever since that Greninja reveal...
I'm hyped out of my socks. And, just to get into the "ninja" spirit, I'm going to use Shiek for the first time ever.
I haven't seen you in a while man, so how are you? Greninja the pokemon is a smash character?

We can play then for old times sake.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
GGs PZ! You've got a great Pokemon Trainer and some good mindgames. :)

Nice try at making a comeback when you were Pikachu btw! :D

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I haven't seen you in a while man, so how are you? Greninja the pokemon is a smash character?

We can play then for old times sake.
Yeah, hello, there. xP And yes, Greninja was revealed to be in Smash 4! How could you not have heard already? Haha~
All right, now treat me like a total newbie here, since that's practically what I am after all this time. Any advice? (Ha, I have not even glanced at the Shiek forums).

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yeah lol, bess Greninja right here! <--------... or at least the Sexiest. (I always want to be the sexiest of all with the characters I main btw.)

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Yeah, hello, there. xP And yes, Greninja was revealed to be in Smash 4! How could you not have heard already? Haha~
All right, now treat me like a total newbie here, since that's practically what I am after all this time. Any advice? (Ha, I have not even glanced at the Shiek forums).
GGs Amical. I haven't heard because I don't go check out any updates really lol.

Advice hmm well first you got to unrust of course lol. What I can tell you is be faster with Sheik since she does get around quickly. I did notice you got back some to keep you out of my attack range. That helped you bait me at times so I can be open that's good if it works.

Sheik doesn't have much kill power so its best to get good reads with smashes particularly up smashes. If you can dash cancel usmash use it for a surprise attack or use Vanish as a surprise attack sometimes. Use more jabs and a few more tilts.

Space her aerials properly mostly back and front air. Attack more out of shield if you can mostly with nair.

Don't use dair so much since you could easily be left open. Mix up recovering with the whip chain sometimes.

That's all I can tell you about Sheik anyway. Just get back into Brawl if that's what you want lol

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
GGs Amical. I haven't heard because I don't go check out any updates really lol.

Advice hmm well first you got to unrust of course lol. What I can tell you is be faster with Sheik since she does get around quickly. I did notice you got back some to keep you out of my attack range. That helped you bait me at times so I can be open that's good if it works.

Sheik doesn't have much kill power so its best to get good reads with smashes particularly up smashes. If you can dash cancel usmash use it for a surprise attack or use Vanish as a surprise attack sometimes. Use more jabs and a few more tilts.

Space her aerials properly mostly back and front air. Attack more out of shield if you can mostly with nair.

Don't use dair so much since you could easily be left open. Mix up recovering with the whip chain sometimes.

That's all I can tell you about Sheik anyway. Just get back into Brawl if that's what you want lol
You must look up and watch the Greninja trailer. Now. xD
And thanks, I did not know any of that stuff. Shiek can grab onto ledges with the chain whip? :0
I don't think I'll be too active as far as Brawl is concerned, but I might pop up here and there every so often. Thanks again and good games!

Aside from all that, anyone else want to Brawl? :3

Last edited:

Sassafrassa

Smash Rookie
And thanks, I did not know any of that stuff. Shiek can grab onto ledges with the chain whip? :0
I don't think I'll be too active as far as Brawl is concerned, but I might pop up here and there every so often. Thanks again and good games!

I'm up for one.

HYP3R

Smash Lord

I'll play ami

Edit: Greninja'd :(

Last edited:

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989

I'll look at it if I don't forget to. Yep she can do that, but its rather dangerous if your opponent grabs the ledge before you.

Well regular Nintendo Wii wifi is gonna be gone next month lol. You got to get as many matches as you can.

Anyway I'm out, so I'll see you all later.

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I'll play ami

Edit: Greninja'd :(
Ah, well, Sassafrassa has been looking for one already, so I'll have to go with him for now. Sorry about that. D:
And yes, Greninja'd. xP
I love that term now...

Top Bottom