• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

PZ

Smash Lord
Sorry I was taking so long between matches, pets can be needy...

Thanks for humoring me with that at the very least. I still have much to learn! It also may have helped if I hadn't kept self-destructing out of nervousness...

EDIT: Oh or we can keep going XD
Good games! You gotta get out of that dodging habit though. Especially when getting hit. Airdodging after getting hit at high percents usually gets you killed. Pretty good yoshi though aside from recovering lol. Annoyed the mess out of me with them eggs too.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Good games! You gotta get out of that dodging habit though. Especially when getting hit. Airdodging after getting hit at high percents usually gets you killed. Pretty good yoshi though aside from recovering lol. Annoyed the mess out of me with them eggs too.
Thanks! I hadn't ever played someone before who actually knew how to use Jigglypuff well, I think you hit every rest that you attempted except maybe one! And yeah, excessive dodging is a bad habit when I'm getting pressured. Any ideas on how to remedy it, or a better habit to replace it with?

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Brawl anyone?

nvm cant right now

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
GGs Metalbro! You've got great characters. :)

(Although I felt bad that you KO'd yourself cause of that lag screwing up my PKT on Pokemon Stadium, even though you still won that lol)
Oh my god you have no idea how mad I was that you had Super Armor with that Spinning Kong against my PKT2 on Final Destination though. xD

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Timmy. Great Ness! I can't remember the last time I've played someone who trapped me into a PKT2.

Edit: Yeah that Spinning Kong super armor was hilarious.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Thanks! I hadn't ever played someone before who actually knew how to use Jigglypuff well, I think you hit every rest that you attempted except maybe one! And yeah, excessive dodging is a bad habit when I'm getting pressured. Any ideas on how to remedy it, or a better habit to replace it with?
Btw welcome to the smashboards arena, you must be new here.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I main Yoshi and can give you some tips if you want.

@ AirJay AirJay You too

Last edited:

PZ

Smash Lord
Sorry for the late reply. Crash boards reawakening (just joking). Yea I kinda thought of anything that would combo into rest back when I was playing with gamecube controller. O yea, we had a pretty good connection considering how far apart we were.
I can't think of anything that would teach you to stop dodging as yoshi but I guess a good thought would be to focus on your close combat skills and your retreating options (you do good here but I don't see you doing this outside of reads) Yoshi's jab and pivot grab are awesome for close combat and his bair is obviously great if spaced. Another thing to keep in mind that rather than rolling spotdodging is pretty good (notas good as falco so don't spam it but still good for yoshi considering the lack of OOS)
I hope that helps a little. When I used yoshi in 08/09, I was the definition of aggressive with yoshi so I am not sure how I could help you stop dodging when I myself never thought about it as a thing....

PZ

Smash Lord
Sorry whoever Justice was, I'm waiting for someone else right now.
O no problem. I was doing other stuff before and noticed that no one was joining at the time so I thought man he still not brawling I guess I should join.
Edit: Would anyone like to play some brawl?

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
GGs Sass! Ness mirrors are so weird... I gotta go, but we can still hope for a Yoshi reveal in a few hours, eh?

PZ

Smash Lord
Good games Zatch! I am very much unsatisfied with my performance and would wish to play this game until I can work out the errors in my dance but I guess that will have to wait another time. Not sure if it is me or wifi but I hate messing up so much although its only with the characters I think I know my stuff that I mess up (from the people used in our games that would be pika n falcon). I must admit that my pika on wifi is a walking abomination of mistakes and the problems I am having with falcon are more controller related than wifi.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games PZ. Gonna call it a night with this game. I died when Sonic tripped up and slid right into that Samus d-tilt. ('Cause I like double entendre)

Finally got my Mario jab lock though, and I felt like my lovely Ivysaur did pretty decent. Your Marth is a ****in' fortress against Ganon, lol.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm up for it.
GG's man. You kept me on my toes. Your Wolf is good just I think the lag and Wolf's sucky recovery made you SD more. I always kept trying to dacus towards you when I was far away with Falco or Wario. Thats why I always DSmashed when I was really far away lol!

Anyone else up for a couple matches of Brawl or P:M?

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! As I said earlier, I'm a pretty inexperienced player compared to a lot of people here on smashboards, but I love the game and am always interested in hearing tips to improve my game. I also self-destruct a lot when I get nervous. Fair warning.

I main Yoshi and can give you some tips if you want.
That would be much appreciated. I have a lot of questions, but I suppose the most important would just be some general tips on playing well defensively, and knowing when it's a good time to go on the offensive. Yoshi is pretty limited with his shield, but it can absorb a lot of blows, and apparently his spot dodge is also much more useful compared to that of some other characters. The trouble I have though is that after spot dodging or shielding, I'm kind of lost as to what to do next. I usually just follow with some jabs, a tilt, or egg lay if the spacing is right, but that doesn't always prove very effective.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
That lag was rough at the end, but we got some good games before it! Somehow we always go to PKMN trainer battles haha~
Good games Sonsa. Lag totally killed it for us.there were a lot of intense matches especially the pt mirrors though I remember you saying always picked random XD

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Good games Sonsa. Lag totally killed it for us.there were a lot of intense matches especially the pt mirrors though I remember you saying always picked random XD
Did I say that? Nah, I dont always pick random, just when someone challenges me to some random matches where we both choose random! I'm worried my opponent might be offended if I just pick random all the time, it shows an attitude like "I could beat you with anyone" instead of the actual...yknow, its been around 6 years and just know all the characters pretty much haha!

Top Bottom