• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

silverlining

Smash Rookie
She used to be one of my secondaries but I dropped her for Snake
:glare: How dare you.

Yeah, this will sound but embarassing but I couldn't actually finish it... he just stopped himself after the first few. - -;; But it's okay, I just checked it and I now understand the concept of holding side/up/down for the end of it... durr. xD
Yes!! My TL will -blow- you away next time. :D I was kinda happy you SD'd, didn't have to worry about killing you!
Ooooooh if you're interested in her again and want me to learn ya some of her techs I would love to!
But that is called a love jump, I'm sure you've heard of it before. :D When you get hit by a atrong attack, jumping and using NL gives you that huge boost in momentum. Plus you can even control it to propel you diagonally left or right instead of straight up! The earlier you jump+b after you get hit the higher you'll go, but sometimes I find the jump doesn't register if you put it in too early, so it can be very fickle. But once you get it down you can start throwing it in everywhere to help aid your recovery and get you out of combos. You can even use it oos which can make for a surprising option, it'd even be helpful in battlefield or smashville to get you onto the platform. :D
Let me see if I can find any helpful links to show you... personally though I didn't understand people explanations on it and couldn't get it at all for a while, but I get the feeling you'll catch on. ^^ If you want to practice diagonal love jumps, make a stage with spikes, and impale the poor girl til you get it. Heck, you could even practice love jumping there period, if you don't want to be waiting for a dumb computer to hit you. Or I could even help you if you want, I wouldn't mind at all. :D
Hope all that helped. lol

Edit: Jing, I could play you. :D Let me add you

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
:glare: How dare you.

Yeah, this will sound but embarassing but I couldn't actually finish it... he just stopped himself after the first few. - -;; But it's okay, I just checked it and I now understand the concept of holding side/up/down for the end of it... durr. xD
Yes!! My TL will -blow- you away next time. :D I was kinda happy you SD'd, didn't have to worry about killing you!
Ooooooh if you're interested in her again and want me to learn ya some of her techs I would love to!
But that is called a love jump, I'm sure you've heard of it before. :D When you get hit by a atrong attack, jumping and using NL gives you that huge boost in momentum. Plus you can even control it to propel you diagonally left or right instead of straight up! The earlier you jump+b after you get hit the higher you'll go, but sometimes I find the jump doesn't register if you put it in too early, so it can be very fickle. But once you get it down you can start throwing it in everywhere to help aid your recovery and get you out of combos. You can even use it oos which can make for a surprising option, it'd even be helpful in battlefield or smashville to get you onto the platform. :D
Let me see if I can find any helpful links to show you... personally though I didn't understand people explanations on it and couldn't get it at all for a while, but I get the feeling you'll catch on. ^^ If you want to practice diagonal love jumps, make a stage with spikes, and impale the poor girl til you get it. Heck, you could even practice love jumping there period, if you don't want to be waiting for a dumb computer to hit you. Or I could even help you if you want, I wouldn't mind at all. :D
Hope all that helped. lol

Edit: Jing, I could play you. :D Let me add you
Omg I'm so sorry. I just thought Zelda was a very hard character to use in my opinion, you have to be VERY precise with her. But Snake isn't any easier, in my opinion. ^^;;;.

And it's not embarrassing! It took a while for me to master, and in especially in WI-Fi, it's such a pain to do! And that's good to hear, keep practicing those dancing blades. ^^
I shall not give up with Zelda now, thank you for the motivation! I've heard of the love jump before, but never knew what it was until now. I've never seen a Zelda use it before until I played against you. I remember seeing it in a tutorial, but that's it, and they didn't even explain how to use it. OTL O_o It sounds very useful, but a little complex for me, and it might take a while for me to get used to. o__O I shall ATTEMPT to use it to assist me though.
Thank you very much for you help! I really appreciate it. Perhaps you can help me, if you'd like? The next time we play, I'll try and utilize it. (and end up SDing in the process)
You know a lot about Zelda's tech! ^^

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
GGs Silverlining, but that's a bit too much lag for me (I can buffer in it fine, but I can't space or time anything lol, I'm just pressing trying to do things I would offline, as fast as I would offline, without really knowing whether or not for sure I'm spaced correctly/if you're doing what I expect), nonetheless nice Sheik

Brawl 1v1 anyone else?

Edit: essentially I played blindfolded and it worked out.

Last edited:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
GGs as well L&B it was great getting to play you again after a while.

I gotta say you've certainly been improving man, and at points it was becoming harder to land hits on you. I thought I was going to lose with Game and Watch since you were coming back.

I was thinking why can't I get this hit lol.

Overall you did quite well, and your reactions have improved some too. You've gotten better at your out of shield moves, and even spacing too. I also noticed you're not rolling as much and even spot dodging which I tend to look for a lot when fighting people. Also mixing up more often too.

Good on you man.
Thanks man, means a lot coming from you :p

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
....aaaand my wii froze. Dunno what characters you guys picked but w/e GGs I gtg anyway.

Lol I got sandwithed and beat up on a lot. Though thanks for the matches. I think I'm somewhat comfortable with the new controls. I'm even more glad switching doesn't faze me as much either. Though I remember one time as Falco I froze up confused on which button to press. I'll work on it.

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Omg I'm so sorry. I just thought Zelda was a very hard character to use in my opinion, you have to be VERY precise with her. But Snake isn't any easier, in my opinion. ^^;;;.

And it's not embarrassing! It took a while for me to master, and in especially in WI-Fi, it's such a pain to do! And that's good to hear, keep practicing those dancing blades. ^^
I shall not give up with Zelda now, thank you for the motivation! I've heard of the love jump before, but never knew what it was until now. I've never seen a Zelda use it before until I played against you. I remember seeing it in a tutorial, but that's it, and they didn't even explain how to use it. OTL O_o It sounds very useful, but a little complex for me, and it might take a while for me to get used to. o__O I shall ATTEMPT to use it to assist me though.
Thank you very much for you help! I really appreciate it. Perhaps you can help me, if you'd like? The next time we play, I'll try and utilize it. (and end up SDing in the process)
You know a lot about Zelda's tech! ^^
Aww, I was just joking. xD You can play whomever you like! At least you're still good with her!

I shall! Glad to hear you'll stick with her again, in return I shall stick with my marf. I would be honoured to help you! Don't worry, I'll be gentle with you, I know how it feels trying to practice it. xD We can set it to infinite time and just go with it til you get bored/nail it. :D
Nah not really, there's still a lot of stuff I've seen that I'd like to learn. I'm sure you know a lot of marf techs!

GGs Silverlining, but that's a bit too much lag for me (I can buffer in it fine, but I can't space or time anything lol, I'm just pressing trying to do things I would offline, as fast as I would offline, without really knowing whether or not for sure I'm spaced correctly/if you're doing what I expect), nonetheless nice Sheik

Brawl 1v1 anyone else?

Edit: essentially I played blindfolded and it worked out.
No worries dude, I know my connection may not be the greatest. ^^ Looks like you're out of my league anyway. :p That looked like a really impressive sonic though, I hope we can at least get the chance to play in good conditions before wifi ends!

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games mate. I think it was me picking red Pit that caused the freezing; that used to happen to me, so I tended to avoid that palette. Yeah, the sandwiches were lulzy. I took the chance to practice as many characters as I could. FFAs really help with my reads, since I have to focus on two or more people at once, which is fun for me. I wasn't expecting to lose that Yoshi vs. Snake at the end, but you're one to make a comeback, lol.

@yoshi8984: You're probably the only reason I know how to use Ness, mwahaha. If only I could emulate how you use PKT tail.

Are you hosting for anyone, Gabe? I'll join if that's cool.

Last edited:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
nah, the connection didn't drop, I left cause I got bored, I don't usually enjoy playing the same person for more than 5 matches.

Edit: oh and thanks Silverlining xD

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Good games mate. I think it was me picking red Pit that caused the freezing; that used to happen to me, so I tended to avoid that palette. Yeah, the sandwiches were lulzy. I took the chance to practice as many characters as I could. FFAs really help with my reads, since I have to focus on two or more people at once, which is fun for me. I wasn't expecting to lose that Yoshi vs. Snake at the end, but you're one to make a comeback, lol..
:yoshi: Haha yup thanks

Matsushi

True Blood
Aww, I was just joking. xD You can play whomever you like! At least you're still good with her!

I shall! Glad to hear you'll stick with her again, in return I shall stick with my marf. I would be honoured to help you! Don't worry, I'll be gentle with you, I know how it feels trying to practice it. xD We can set it to infinite time and just go with it til you get bored/nail it. :D
Nah not really, there's still a lot of stuff I've seen that I'd like to learn. I'm sure you know a lot of marf techs!

No worries dude, I know my connection may not be the greatest. ^^ Looks like you're out of my league anyway. :p That looked like a really impressive sonic though, I hope we can at least get the chance to play in good conditions before wifi ends!
Hehe, I know you were! ^^ And thank you! But you're amazing with her, it's a little scary. Especially those sudden b-airs. O__o

Yay! I hope I get better with her. I might learn how to use Sheik in the process also, I just need to learn how to DACUS with her because she is the only character who I cannot DACUS with OTL. I'm glad that you are learning to pick up Marf, especially because Marth dittos are my favorite! ^^ I noticed that only through a span of a few matches, you improved with him, so it won't take that long for you to master him. ^^ And thank you very much for you assistance. Hopefully it won't take to long for me to get it right! I shall be your sandbang for a bit. >w<

There are some Marf techs I need to learn also, hehe!

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Space, have we played before? if so, did we lag much?

Also, Matsuokai, we should play some, sometime. I'm a beast at Marth dittos.

Last edited:
3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Ggs BrosUnited, I'll be back in like 20 minutes if you want to continue playing

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Ggs BrosUnited, I'll be back in like 20 minutes if you want to continue playing
Ggs Diddy. Sadly I won't be back, I have college work to catch up on. Sorry for my poor playing, I felt rusty, it was my first time playing today.

Top Bottom