• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
GGs Sassa, sorry for leaving but the constant little lag spikes was getting a bit bothersome

From what I saw you seem to have 2 habits to work on, you like to roll and smash a lot... Typically this habit works online quite a lot (I used mk as an example of how wifi helps out by spamming a bit of tornado and d-smash)... Like try to roll less since most of the time I knew where you were going to roll but I couldn't punish, and watch out with using too many smashes since it leaves you open sometimes

RockyLuna-

Smash Rookie
GGs Sassa, sorry for leaving but the constant little lag spikes was getting a bit bothersome

From what I saw you seem to have 2 habits to work on, you like to roll and smash a lot... Typically this habit works online quite a lot (I used mk as an example of how wifi helps out by spamming a bit of tornado and d-smash)... Like try to roll less since most of the time I knew where you were going to roll but I couldn't punish, and watch out with using too many smashes since it leaves you open sometimes
Lets play?

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Hehe, I know you were! ^^ And thank you! But you're amazing with her, it's a little scary. Especially those sudden b-airs. O__o

Yay! I hope I get better with her. I might learn how to use Sheik in the process also, I just need to learn how to DACUS with her because she is the only character who I cannot DACUS with OTL. I'm glad that you are learning to pick up Marf, especially because Marth dittos are my favorite! ^^ I noticed that only through a span of a few matches, you improved with him, so it won't take that long for you to master him. ^^ And thank you very much for you assistance. Hopefully it won't take to long for me to get it right! I shall be your sandbang for a bit. >w<

There are some Marf techs I need to learn also, hehe!
Well, you are just as amazing! LKs aren't actually that impressive (would I have been saying this a few months ago, I wonder xD), it's just because of the 'dramatic' pause I guess. It looks sexier than in melee but can kind of suck sometimes since it does give reaction time...
And I just thought of it, you've began using counter just a wee bit more! Careful use of it is good. :D
For sure! While we're at it, let's learn the whole loz cast together! :D Surprisingly, I'm the opposite. I can only dacus with her lol, I never really practiced the other character's.
Hmm, marf dittos? Personally I dig Tl/marf, but I could also go with mirrors, they were quite fun yesterday. Plus it will probably help with my spacing, and learning to tipper correctly. I don't think I'm as great with him as you make out, I bet if you tried me against other characters I would fail so hard. D: Still, thank you for the encouragement!
But of course. :D I personally think you'll catch the hang of it rather quickly, it's really simple- just pretend you're jumping to momentum cancel during knockback, and include that extra nayru's input. :p Needs to be slightly strong knockback, mind you. You'll probably not get it from a jab at like 5%, though I imagine you could perform it if you DI'd up from a flurry... I'll have to try that. o.o

Anyway, yeah, we can learn together ~ I can teach you easy things and get you LJing oos as well!

~~~
Andddd if anyone wants to play brawl I'll be here for a while.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Sweet.see you on wifi.
Good games bro! :D I'm happy you did good vs my Jiggalypuff. I prefer to not use my other characters... better you stick to wrecking my Jiggs. X)

Loving the Marth, only more Dancing blade and a lot more full hop fairs. Watch Leon's Marth and you'll know everything. Been following him before American brawlers started to follow him. :O

Well, good games!

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Good games GYK! Your game and watch is quite the wrecking monster indeed,every time I approached ,rolled or shielded,I would get severely punished. @__@

Rofl,I had fun fighting your puff with a wide variety of characters,love the toon link,I even have like two of our matches saved on replays for memories. :)

Thanks for the compliment and advice,I watch top player Marth's all the time,mr.r has my attention ATM.I would side b more but I hate the input commands to use the darn thing,it's like playing street fighter.

Thanks

Well, you are just as amazing! LKs aren't actually that impressive (would I have been saying this a few months ago, I wonder xD), it's just because of the 'dramatic' pause I guess. It looks sexier than in melee but can kind of suck sometimes since it does give reaction time...
And I just thought of it, you've began using counter just a wee bit more! Careful use of it is good. :D
For sure! While we're at it, let's learn the whole loz cast together! :D Surprisingly, I'm the opposite. I can only dacus with her lol, I never really practiced the other character's.
Hmm, marf dittos? Personally I dig Tl/marf, but I could also go with mirrors, they were quite fun yesterday. Plus it will probably help with my spacing, and learning to tipper correctly. I don't think I'm as great with him as you make out, I bet if you tried me against other characters I would fail so hard. D: Still, thank you for the encouragement!
But of course. :D I personally think you'll catch the hang of it rather quickly, it's really simple- just pretend you're jumping to momentum cancel during knockback, and include that extra nayru's input. :p Needs to be slightly strong knockback, mind you. You'll probably not get it from a jab at like 5%, though I imagine you could perform it if you DI'd up from a flurry... I'll have to try that. o.o

Anyway, yeah, we can learn together ~ I can teach you easy things and get you LJing oos as well!

~~~
If your still here,I'll be happy to face ya. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games GYK! Your game and watch is quite the wrecking monster indeed,every time I approached ,rolled or shielded,I would get severely punished. @__@

Rofl,I had fun fighting your puff with a wide variety of characters,love the toon link,I even have like two of our matches saved on replays for memories. :)

Thanks for the compliment and advice,I watch top player Marth's all the time,mr.r has my attention ATM.I would side b more but I hate the input commands to use the darn thing,it's like playing street fighter.

Thanks
Good! That's what I like to read about, you having fun! :D

I didn't even want to use my Gnw... I mostly get bad connections, so I thought let me go gnw and get beat because I need speed and no lag in-order to do well in general. :O

Well we can always count on Jiggs to even the plan-field quite well. :D

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I'm so sorry, I forgot about my asking. ): Getting on now.
Good games silver! It was nice to meet face-to-face again and have rematches with specific characters. Congrats on your victories.im really glad you beat down my metaknight with Kirby,I'm also glad you crushed my marf with your main XD :) rWe should mirror match with toon link more.I was also surprised to know that I could use wario pretty well,a character I never really practice learning much.

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
@ roymustang1990- roymustang1990- good games! Hope they were worth the wait. Lol
Marfs marfs marfs, why am I not a master against him yet. xD Yours was very pressuring, I was rolling so much. x.x Didn't you have an Ike too? I don't think you pulled him! Next time. :p
I loved the Kirby/MK matches!! Always a fun matchup to play in, thank you for that. And, hmm... I feel like I gave your lizard a bit of a rough deal, I know it's hard to give it your best when being harassed. At first I was unable to freaking LK with zeruda, it was really distracting and made me lose confidence... then I started doing other dumb things. I'll pick differently next time so you can show me your full potential with him. :D

... I type slower than I thought. xD;
Yes! It took a few but my LKs did come back.. it felt good. :p You still wrecked me pretty hard though!
Ahh, really? You were indeed pretty good with him, you caught me a few times. I don't play against him very often either, I'd say stick with him. :D
..... hey! Didn't I tell you ages ago I wanted to see more link? I'm certain it was you! get back online and show me him, damn it. D:

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
@ roymustang1990- roymustang1990- good games! Hope they were worth the wait. Lol
Marfs marfs marfs, why am I not a master against him yet. xD Yours was very pressuring, I was rolling so much. x.x Didn't you have an Ike too? I don't think you pulled him! Next time. :p
I loved the Kirby/MK matches!! Always a fun matchup to play in, thank you for that. And, hmm... I feel like I gave your lizard a bit of a rough deal, I know it's hard to give it your best when being harassed. At first I was unable to freaking LK with zeruda, it was really distracting and made me lose confidence... then I started doing other dumb things. I'll pick differently next time so you can show me your full potential with him. :D
They were fun,like last time.I'm just still too wondering why you SDing yourself at certain point in our matches( they felt like under served KOs honestly) because I would totally pick you back up to keep the momentum going.

I kudo you for bringing a low tier character Zelda/Kirby to a marf/metaknight fight XD,I know the odds are against you every time so mega props,I should be ashamed. Hmm,I didn't quite notice a rolling habit and if I did,I failed to punish 0-0.

I dropped ike sadly enough,I don't know if I should pick him back up again and my link was horrid,apologies,I know you wanted to see me improve with him,oh well

No,I didn't feel any harassment going on in the Zelda vs Pokemon trainer match up,it was just me making bad predictions,playing sloppier than normal,I deserved that harassment XD Sure looking forward to future matching with you again if you wish ^^

Edit:
Yes,I'm sure landing a few of those Lks made you feel like a heroXD they,re so reminiscent of captain falcon's knee

And you see the thing I notice with wario,his aerials are oddly similar to marth,I certainly felt right at home with using him,I will Definately be sticking with him from now on,I just can't stand his appearance. XDXD

yes,you were that person,I'm happy you remembered,i'm just sorry that I haven't progress with my link sadly.sure,we can go back and wifi and have those link dittios if you want or something.,lol

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Good! That's what I like to read about, you having fun! :D

I didn't even want to use my Gnw... I mostly get bad connections, so I thought let me go gnw and get beat because I need speed and no lag in-order to do well in general. :O

Well we can always count on Jiggs to even the plan-field quite well. :D
I know,losing isn't fun in general but I always have fun seeing good players like yourself tear me to bits and pieces.

Ah okay,I understand.just bring out the puff next time,I don't mind. XDXD

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
". hey! Didn't I tell you ages ago I wanted to see more link? I'm certain it was you! get back online and show me him, damn it. D:"

If you ever come back,I'll be waiting to do those link matches XD

Just say the word

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Room is up.
GGs Sassa sorry for the lag that was there. With who you had some rounds it probably made it harder to recover at times.

Be careful with those rolls and don't grab too often. I can't recall ever getting caught be Jiggs dair to rest combo lol.

I had fun and we played for a while too.

Matsushi

True Blood

~~~
Thank you! I love the dramatic pause, but it does give time for the player to work out which way to DI. ^^;;
Aww, that's good! I've been trying to use it more often, but I still need to learn how to utilize it correctly instead of using it randomly and then getting punished. Sometimes I am quiet sure that the opponent is gonna attack and I use it, but then I either get grabbed or they punish the ending lag. O__o
Really? I find her dacus the hardest and Snake's the easiest. ^^;;; Her one looks beautiful though, she literally goes across the whole stage, it's madness!
Marf dittos are crazy, usually it's just slash after slash. O__o As a Marth main, I find the TL/Marf matchup very tedious, because Toon Link has his projectiles and such while Marth is left open. But I really enjoy them though! Well, you've got the gist of Marth's play-style, now you just need to get tippers and such. You should watch Leon or Mr. R's Marths, they are amazing!
Alrighty then, that sounds easy enough! Especially with your help, it'll be a piece of cake. :)

Yaay, thank you!

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Ggs comet, lol umm thanks... You won against my Mr. L though so it wasn't destroyed... Pikachu's up-smash pretty strong

Top Bottom