• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
anyone for PM?
I'll play with you in a minute after I finish posting my videos from the tourney yesterday. Man I gotta stop playing so many characters I have to post my macthes on like 4 different threads lol.

Last edited:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Yeah dude totally. That one game you DESTROYED my Snake the first stock after all the other Snake/Wolf matches typically going much better for me.
Yeah, if you're not careful my Wolf is one that will juggle you to oblivion sometimes xD

HYP3R

Smash Lord
@XDanDan612: GGs bro, I'll be honest. I've never played anyone as fearless as you. Even when I was Ike you didn't blink an eye and continued running after me. The constant pressure is too much, I don't have any room to even think sometimes.

D

Deleted member

@XDanDan612: GGs bro, I'll be honest. I've never played anyone as fearless as you. Even when I was Ike you didn't blink an eye and continued running after me. The constant pressure is too much, I don't have any room to even think sometimes.
That's good, right? xD Haha good games dude :) Your Ike is very impressive :) Those matches were fun and I can't wait to play you again :D

Last edited by a moderator:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
That's good, right? xD Haha good games dude :) Your Ike is very impressive :) Those matches were fun and I can't wait to play you again :D
Yeah its good, but be careful not to let the aggression get to your head and fall for one of my baits.

chokosaki

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone :D I am new to the forums and I haven't been involved in the smash community in around 5 years. I moved to China in 2009 and it's a dry zone for fighters over here (with the exception of KoF in the arcades). I'm looking for some fun games. I'm not amazing or anything and I am definitely out of shape as far as the game goes. But I'd love to play. My connection's great tho if there are any players in Asia that would be cool. :D <3

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone :D I am new to the forums and I haven't been involved in the smash community in around 5 years. I moved to China in 2009 and it's a dry zone for fighters over here (with the exception of KoF in the arcades). I'm looking for some fun games. I'm not amazing or anything and I am definitely out of shape as far as the game goes. But I'd love to play. My connection's great tho if there are any players in Asia that would be cool. :D <3
You sound like an interesting character. ;) Do you mind if I ask whether you plan to stick around or not? ;P

Also, I would play you, but I'm not in front of my Wii right now and Canada =/= Asia, lol.

chokosaki

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the welcome Ometa. I'll play.

Too bad someonerandom. The whole....Canada or USA not being Asia thing blows for me. Systems are (well were until the last couple months) illegal to sell in China. So any kind of community that's not on PC is pretty much non-existent from what I can tell. That...and I don't speak the language complicates things. I used to be big into SF4 and SSBB/SSBM back in the mid 2000s but since 09 I haven't really had a chance to play. The last few days I've been playing computer players in SSBB. It's not the same tho. Not one bit :'(

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Sorry path but our connection was just bad, ggs while it lasted at first

Brawl / Project M anyone?

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
China? Awesome. I was wanting to take a trip to China for my Chinese class in high school, but it was too expensive. D:
AND SINCE YOU SAY YOU DON'T KNOW CHINESE
Wo ai zhongguo! Ta hen hao! Ni ai zhongguo ma? Wo juede ni yinggai xue hanyu, yinwei yaoshi ni zai zhongguo li, hanyu feichang hao! (I think I got this right. It's been a while.)
I'm too lazy to put the actual tones in there

chokosaki

Smash Rookie
I understand that much of what you're saying Xadrin. You love China. It's great. I wouldn't say I love China, but my wife is Chinese. I love her. Does that count? I will say that being in China has made me appreciate the USA a lot more. I'm afraid I don't know what 'hanyu' is. :O Sorry. China is cool tho. You should definitely visit sometime. It is a dry zone for gaming tho (with the exception of arcades with older games, PC, and phone.) We have a bootleg shop here but it only has PS3/PS4 and Xbox. Nothing Nintendo. At least...nothing to play. To buy, sure.

And bump tones. >.> No thanks!

Now I have to go to work. I'll post later when I'm free to play :D

I guess I should say that I am learning Chinese but just oral. I don't know how to read the characters or write the pinyin very well. :(

Last edited:

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
I understand that much of what you're saying Xadrin. You love China. It's great. I wouldn't say I love China, but my wife is Chinese. I love her. Does that count? I will say that being in China has made me appreciate the USA a lot more. I'm afraid I don't know what 'hanyu' is. :O Sorry. China is cool tho. You should definitely visit sometime. It is a dry zone for gaming tho (with the exception of arcades with older games, PC, and phone.) We have a bootleg shop here but it only has PS3/PS4 and Xbox. Nothing Nintendo. At least...nothing to play. To buy, sure.

I guess I should say that I am learning Chinese but just oral. I don't know how to read the characters or write the pinyin very well. :(
Chinese is the best bilingual language to speak in the states as it is the most widely spoken in the world but not very common in the US. You'd become an international asset to speak Chinese, especially Mandarin. I wish I could speak it but it's very difficult to learn since it's so different; also, no one around here is interested either which makes it almost impossible to learn :/ Keep that bilingual tongue going!

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
GG's, Shadow. Lagtastic matches, but fun nonetheless. :b
yeah they were pretty awesome what do you think about that wolf just recently changed to him hope I showed some sort of improvement best match to me was the wolf and yoshi match and I still cant seem to beat that god like metaknight he is just to good..

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
yeah they were pretty awesome what do you think about that wolf just recently changed to him hope I showed some sort of improvement best match to me was the wolf and yoshi match and I still cant seem to beat that god like metaknight he is just to good..
You showed overall improvement. With Wolf, though, I would advise not being quite as campy with the lasers. You were stationary often on a platform, and just stayed your ground as you used his gun over and over again, but you should also try throwing in some other approaches to not be as predictable. Also, Wolf's shine is very good, and I would advocate applying that more often as well (for good illustration, I suggest watching Chillin or Silent Wolf's Wolf, as they both are exceptional with the character, and you could learn some handy stuff by viewing them).

Last edited:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
You showed overall improvement. With Wolf, though, I would advise not being quite as campy with the lasers. You were stationary often on a platform, and just stayed your ground as you used his gun over and over again, but you should also try throwing in some other approaches to not be as predictable. Also, Wolf's shine is very good, and I would advocate applying that more often as well (for good illustration, I suggest watching Chillin or Silent Wolf's Wolf, as they both are exceptional with the character, and you could learn some handy stuff by viewing them).
Yeah I'm not very good when it comes to using shine that's why I don't use it very much that laser was the only thing I could fall back on and me not being good at shine also makes my falco pretty bad.... im just gonna have to practice on it and I've never seen chillen or silents wolf I'll go check it out

I know what I do want though my falco to be a beast like Dr. PPs but a noob can only dream.....

Last edited by a moderator:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Dr. PP plays Marth is Project M.
Say what he doesn't use falco at all wow ....after that match I saw with him at grand finals with armada on melee I thought he would use him on PM to still was a good match though I'll still that dream out somehow gotta pull out that dusty old melee disc.

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739

I wouldn't say I love China either, actually. I just like saying I do. I am not sure why, though. It probably has something to do with the teacher I had. Best teacher ever.
Hanyu is Chinese (as in the language). 汉语. It's a little different than zhongwen, 中文. I don't fully remember what the difference is, though. I believe zhongwen is more general, while hanyu is just the language.

Looking forward to playing you sometime!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good FFAS bro! Sorry I had to leave about... maybe next time we can brawl again or fa again X). I had to leave because there was an family emergency. I hope next time this won't happen again take care of yourself Be blessed! I was actually upset because of what had happened... The Games where fun! Lag-gy but too much fun! :D Take care my brother! ROFL from the FFAS XD!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone,

You may or may not know me from over on the Smash 4 Boards but my name is Venus. I will be helping mod the WC including the Arena so if you have any questions, comments, or anything else; feel free to send me a private message. I will be popping in and out time to time to say hi and do modding duties.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
GGs Ornge sorry for the lag it claims it was green though. It did move like green when it didn't lag, and I don't think I can recall you playing Fox back then.

It was mostly Toon LInk and Marth before, and Fox is frustrating to use online I would know.

I enjoyed fighting you again.
I'm only just now getting into Fox. I wanna play a technical character is all. :/

I don't think I really cared for the lag too much, but you kept shielding my attacks so I have no idea how to counter that. Sometimes I'd grab and get you, other times I wouldn't, so it seems to be a game of rock paper scissors, or you could call it attack grab bait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom