• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
You are really patient aren't you? With only like 3 hours of sleep I'm pretty worthless right now but I'll try to give it a go if you'd like. :)

Edited: unless comet would like to play you.

PM or Brawl anybody?

yeah saimunn if you're there i'll play you if gaborap doesn't want to
Durrr... you both replied with such clemency towards each other (and such generosity as well rofl..), so I don't really know whom I should brawl now >__<

I'll add you both, host a lobby; first come first serve I guess ;o

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Durrr... you both replied with such clemency towards each other (and such generosity as well rofl..), so I don't really know whom I should brawl now >__<

I'll add you both, host a lobby; first come first serve I guess ;o
You can play comet :) I usually don't play this early but I know it sucks when there's no one and I see you here at this time often when it's dead.

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
pm 1v1s anyone?
or brawl 1v1s?
ill play you gabeorap if your still round

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anybody want to play? Haven't slept at all since yesterday, but I want practice before I go to bed. No sleeplessness johns from me.

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Anybody want to play? Haven't slept at all since yesterday, but I want practice before I go to bed. No sleeplessness johns from me.
Man, what a beating. I'm not sure how to find an opening with you. Your spacing is really good too. Hmmmm... Practice makes perfect I guess. Do you play competitively?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Gabe. Your Link is certainly getting better. =O I love how you're using more z-air, but I still think you don't use it enough when it comes to the closer encounters and keeping me spaced out. Use more b-air, n-air, and u-tilt in close quarters, and cancel your jabs when you see them being shielded. Ending the jab combo on my shield gives me ample opportunity to punish Link.

The tech > Ganoncide kills were hilarious. But those were good stage spike attempts. It'd be more preferable for you to edgehog me and get a free punish, but I guess few people would expect Link to go for a D-air stage spike, so it'd probably be more likely to wreck some other unsuspecting victim.

Do you play competitively?
I haven't in over a year, but I'm looking to attend a college campus tourney this Saturday. Do you? =o

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Good games Gabe. Your Link is certainly getting better. =O I love how you're using more z-air, but I still think you don't use it enough when it comes to the closer encounters and keeping me spaced out. Use more b-air, n-air, and u-tilt in close quarters, and cancel your jabs when you see them being shielded. Ending the jab combo on my shield gives me ample opportunity to punish Link.

The tech > Ganoncide kills were hilarious. But those were good stage spike attempts. It'd be more preferable for you to edgehog me and get a free punish, but I guess few people would expect Link to go for a D-air stage spike, so it'd probably be more likely to wreck some other unsuspecting victim.

I haven't in over a year, but I'm looking to attend a college campus tourney this Saturday. Do you? =o
I would like to learn how to use Z-air a little bit more proficiently. I also need to learn how to jab cancel. Seems simple enough but I have my habits, especially the rolling habit. I don't even notice I'm doing it. It comes from the ole 64 days :)

I have never played competitively but would like to. I need to train more though before I could even think about anything more than a local tournament. I'm sticking with link :)

Thanks for the advice as always and have a good night, or day... or... sleep well :)

Dott

Smash Ace
ggs you improved your projectile combos allot lol
When i do a good combo be sure it is improve.

Just one thing, when you use Kirby try to don't do jump+a so many times, with a wavedash it's easy to evade and counter.

Good games btw

Anyone else?

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Sweet. See you on wifi. :)
Good games! ^^ You have a very solid Marth, and you're great with edgeguarding, I felt quite pressured. But you often got impatient when I was at high %, which was where I took the chance to try and make a comeback. Just watch out for that, it might be tempting to just go for it, but wait for your chance, or try baiting more. For example that holding shield -> smash was a very good trick, try to do some more surprising things like that! I wish I could have seen more of your Link/Toon, though I understand that they mightn't be the best counterpicks though. xD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play, Joseph. I feel tired, but meh.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Good games! ^^ You have a very solid Marth, and you're great with edgeguarding, I felt quite pressured. But you often got impatient when I was at high %, which was where I took the chance to try and make a comeback. Just watch out for that, it might be tempting to just go for it, but wait for your chance, or try baiting more. For example that holding shield -> smash was a very good trick, try to do some more surprising things like that! I wish I could have seen more of your Link/Toon, though I understand that they mightn't be the best counterpicks though. xD
Good games Silver ! ,I've been working hard to improve my marth.i can't believe you SD'ed with peach XDglad you pointed that out,I got ahead of myself a lot of times when I was ahead in stock,definately not a good thing,good job on taking advantage of that.

I reckon holding shield -> is a pretty good fake out Lol.I'm not so good with surprises.

L ink and toon link are hard characters for me,their projectile game is hard to swallow,I like how you comboed me with Zelda/peach/toon link,they were great to see.

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Good games Silver ! ,I've been working hard to improve my marth.i can't believe you SD'ed with peach XDglad you pointed that out,I got ahead of myself a lot of times when I was ahead in stock,definately not a good thing,good job on taking advantage of that.

I reckon holding shield -> is a pretty good fake out Lol.I'm not so good with surprises.

L ink and toon link are hard characters for me,their projectile game is hard to swallow,I like how you comboed me with Zelda/peach/toon link,they were great to see.
Well your practice definitely showed through, once you got me in the air it was literally me going from like 10->80%. I was freaking out lol
I SD all the time with multiple characters. xD I've come to shrugging it off unless it's happening repeatedly and killing the atmosphere. Like, pew pew! We're fighting and I just manage to recover. Ledgestall... whoops, missed the ledge, down I go. x5.
I'm not either, but over time I've learned what people do, for example when they dodge Din's or whatever, so I try to psych people out with it. It has an unexpectedly huge hitbox. Point is, try to find how people react to whatever you do as Marth and try countering it. Like... uhh... something cool I saw recentlywas dolphin smash -> instant counter (as in down b). If you knew the person was gonna try punishing the endlag. It could come in handy? ^^ I'm sure there'd be some other marf tricks if you try looking around. :p

Thank you! I will turn zelda into a feared combo wracker!
... well, you could say it was more of a followup, but combo sounds better. :p #falseadvertising
Well, give it a go someday when we play again! I don't think I use enough of TL's projectiles, I use them moreso to accent his attacks. I'm using arrows less and less recently... so I'd love to see you do it and try learning some things. :D

... Anyone else for brawl? ^^

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Joe. I had the worst time punishing stuff during the later games. :c Connection went downhill, but I still had fun.

With Lucas, focus more on your aerials (mainly SH-nair and f-air), and try to use your shield more often than you dodge on the ground. You could've used more retreating PK Fire and f-tilt to keep me spaced. Don't finish jab combo on a shield. Throw the last hit out only if you know it's going to connect.

JosephAnter

Smash Rookie
Good games Joe. I had the worst time punishing stuff during the later games. :c Connection went downhill, but I still had fun.

With Lucas, focus more on your aerials (mainly SH-nair and f-air), and try to use your shield more often than you dodge on the ground. You could've used more retreating PK Fire and f-tilt to keep me spaced. Don't finish jab combo on a shield. Throw the last hit out only if you know it's going to connect.
Great tips, thank you very much I'll work on that.

Soulxblade

Smash Rookie
Looking to brawl for 1v1s or 2v2s. Let me know! I'll be playing offline until I get a response.

1: I've added you Zatchiel.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Does anyone want to play?

Last edited:
Top Bottom