• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I can play for like 30 min if you'd like...
Good games! They were really fun! (What was with that Assist Trophy? xD)
Just work on that recovery, lol~
More Zair, more projectile pressure, and mix up your ledge game. Your Link has definitely gotten better, though~

Anyone else want to Brawl? ;P

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
You don't sound all that excited, but okay~
xP I'll be on soon and host~
Of course I'm excited, smash is my fav! :D

Ggs man, real fun. I've got to get used to that lucario reach. Is f-smash goes far. I had fun :) okay, back to studying :/

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see. Sorry didn't use him more. It was because of the lag in the first 2 matches when I was using DK, I was doing stuff I didn't want to do and since DK's move have quite a lot of ending lag, I thought I would use someone else. As soon as I went Marth, the lag disappeared. lol

And you don't have to use other characters against your opponent just because it might not be fun for them. I don't mind it. I don't mind facing a Nadoing MK 20 matches in a row even. As long as you are happy with who you use, that's all you should do. On the other hand, I get bored to death if I use the same character for more than 2 minutes lol.
Duly noted... :troll:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GG's, Path. Wow, that got so laggy toward the end, it actually made me physically nauseous... :c (But not really.)

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
'Kay-'kay, give me just two minutes, and then I'll be ready. ^^
Whelp... I took quite the massively extensive and informative beating...:teeth: GGs Capt'n!

GG's, Path. Wow, that got so laggy toward the end, it actually made me physically nauseous... :c (But not really.)
Yeah... that lag...

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
We should still try and get dubz some time soon, BTW. :v
We definitely should!
...I just need some time to recover first. :teeth:

Oh, and thanks for putting up with my Marth and Pit by the way! I know they need a lot of work... so the practice was deeply appreciated. My Link didn't fare much better though.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
We definitely should!
...I just need some time to recover first. :teeth:

Oh, and thanks for putting up with my Marth and Pit by the way! I know they need a lot of work... so the practice was deeply appreciated. My Link didn't fare much better though.
Heh. You got me a good few times as well. I never really look at anything on Wi-Fi as absolutely legitimate, considering there are a number of factors that may or may not determine how well you perform...

Don't mention it. Your Marth has some of the basics down as far as pressuring, but you just need to implement his grab game more, for one thing. I don't know much about Marth, though, so that's about the best kind of advice I can give. :b I do, however, play a friend who's pretty amazing with him, so I get practice vs. him via that way, and I can see how he intricately handles the character. (You probably would've slaughtered all my random chars. if the lag was any better with Link, anyway. :p )

Last edited:

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Heh. You got me a good few times as well. I never really look at anything on Wi-Fi as absolutely legitimate, considering there are a number of options that may or may not determine how well you perform...

Don't mention it. Your Marth has some of the basics down as far as pressuring, but you just need to implement his grab game more, for one thing. I don't know much about Marth, though, so that's about the best kind of advice I can give. :b I do, however, play a friend who's pretty amazing with him, so I get practice vs. him via that way, and I can see how he intricately handles the character. (You probably would've slaughtered all my random chars. if the lag was any better with Link, anyway. :p )
Thanks for the Marth advice! Every other character besides Link seems so foreign to play as. I figured it was time to change that haha. (I'm going to nod and say yes for my dignity, but we both know the truth :p)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Thanks for the Marth advice! Every other character besides Link seems so foreign to play as. I figured it was time to change that haha. (I'm going to nod and say yes for my dignity, but we both know the truth :p)
I know how you feel. I've been wanting to get better with mainly Yoshi and Wario as my secondaries, so I still feel like I could use a good amount of practice with them compared to Kirby. Slowly getting there, though. :b (Naaahhh, really, your Link is legit. ;) )

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
I know how you feel. I've been wanting to get better with mainly Yoshi and Wario as my secondaries, so I still feel like I could use a good amount of practice with them compared to Kirby. Slowly getting there, though. :b (Naaahhh, really, your Link is legit. ;) )
Yeah... it's really bad... I'm pretty sure I spaced for Link in a lot of our matches, which got me in deep trouble as pit xD. I need all the practice I can get with them...(Thanks :'D)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Yeah... it's really bad... I'm pretty sure I spaced for Link in a lot of our matches, which got me in deep trouble as pit xD. I need all the practice I can get with them...(Thanks :'D)
Just ring me up, and I'll be willing to help with that. I'm only a couple clicks away. ;) (No prob'.)

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Would anyone like to play a few matches before I start on hw?
Great games!
That Marth you saw was nothing. xP I'm new to him.
But nice Kirby and Ike, definitely! Kirby has gotten a lot better since I last played you~

HYP3R

Smash Lord
You're still too predictable, if you get in the air you keep down airing until it hits. If I'm on the ledge you spam forward smash or aura sphere until it hits. That marth looked like it came straight out of a textbook. You need to find your own style and stick with it, because I feel like you're just doing what other people tell you to do and not thinking for yourself.

Edit: I know it sounds rather harsh but I cannot stress this enough. You play anyone better than me you will get read like a picture book. Good games for now but you seriously need to come up with your own strategies and combos.

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
You're still too predictable, if you get in the air you keep down airing until it hits. If I'm on the ledge you spam forward smash or aura sphere until it hits. That marth looked like it came straight out of a textbook. You need to find your own style and stick with it, because I feel like you're just doing what other people tell you to do and not thinking for yourself.
Hey now, the only reason I was doing that stuff is because it was working. I mean, it really won me tons of matches. I certainly fight other people a lot differently, but I had to use lots of Dairs in order to even touch Kirby's small hurt box. If you would have held your shield up longer, I would have stopped using Dairs so frequently. I will admit that FSmashing on the ledge is predictable, but in some cases, it's practical. Aura Sphere on the ledge is actually a great option because you can either jump and fire it or stand and fire it, and therefore hit your opponent no matter how they get back up if you read them correctly. That so-called "predictability" helped me beat your Kirby more times than he could beat me.
Also, I know my Marth is bad. As I said, I'm new to him. xD But I don't think that I ever play "out of the textbook" with Lucario. Just when I try to pick up a new character. I mean, that's only natural~

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Hey now, the only reason I was doing that stuff is because it was working. I mean, it really won me tons of matches. I certainly fight other people a lot differently, but I had to use lots of Dairs in order to even touch Kirby's small hurt box. If you would have held your shield up longer, I would have stopped using Dairs so frequently. I will admit that FSmashing on the ledge is predictable, but in some cases, it's practical. Aura Sphere on the ledge is actually a great option because you can either jump and fire it or stand and fire it, and therefore hit your opponent no matter how they get back up if you read them correctly. That so-called "predictability" helped me beat your Kirby more times than he could beat me.
Also, I know my Marth is bad. As I said, I'm new to him. xD But I don't think that I ever play "out of the textbook" with Lucario. Just when I try to pick up a new character. I mean, that's only natural~
There's no reason to get defensive, you play someone better than me you will get read, that's all i'm trying to say. If you don't like my advice then I wont help you anymore but you will learn the hard way soon enough.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
There's no reason to get defensive, you play someone better than me you will get read, that's all i'm trying to say. If you don't like my advice then I wont help you anymore but you will learn the hard way soon enough.
Lol, it's not as if I don't like your advice. I know with those tactics I would definitely be read by a better player. However, it's much easier to do simple things when they work. Trust me, whenever I go against someone more experienced, I do make sure to mix it up more~
Good games again, though. ^^ I hope we'll play again soon, and then perhaps I'll try to change it up a bit~

Top Bottom