• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

JosephAnter

Smash Rookie
Awesome games man, I really enjoyed playing you. We had some fun and funny matches, we both had our less-graceful matches. I really had a blast weaving through projectiles and such, I try base my character selections to face that sort of opponent, so I'm glad I got to face someone who is really good at it.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
Awesome games man, I really enjoyed playing you. We had some fun and funny matches, we both had our less-graceful matches. I really had a blast weaving through projectiles and such, I try base my character selections to face that sort of opponent, so I'm glad I got to face someone who is really good at it.
So true. :grin:
GGs Joe~ I had to play kinda safe with your:lucas:(Which is really good!), his smash attacks pack quite a tremendous punch...

JosephAnter

Smash Rookie
So true. :grin:
GGs Joe~ I had to play kinda safe with your:lucas:(Which is really good!), his smash attacks pack quite a tremendous punch...
Yeah I loved the edge moves you were busting out with Samus, and I couldn't escape that B Up most of the time~ I couldn't believe you had that comeback also when it was Lucas vs. Falco, awesome chain grab combo spike to end it.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
It isn't salt, it's advice. I was trying to help him by getting my point across. Why must you always have a problem with me?
Please, name another time when I even mentioned you in one of my posts. :awesome: Sorry, I call them as I see them. Anyway...
You're still too predictable
Is that so? In that case, why didn't you know, read him and punish? owait... :smirk:
if you get in the air you keep down airing until it hits.
Wait, you got hit by the move you supposedly saw coming from miles away... repeatedly? :cool:
If I'm on the ledge you spam forward smash or aura sphere until it hits.
Hold up... You said it yourself, you know it's coming, why don't you change your ledge tactics? If you ask me, it's not your opponent who needs to switch it up...

Not going to bother reading the rest, too much work. Anyway, there we go! Now I gave you some "advice" too, and got some nice points out of it as well. ;) Even so, I will not continue this, (definitely not for your sake; couldn't care less, lol), but for my own. Hopefully this would be enough to get through to you though. :awesome:

Edit: Saimunn, I totally stole this posting style from you and I'm not giving it back. It's so neat and clean looking, allowing direct reference to quotes and in turn, direct responses. ;)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hey now, the only reason I was doing that stuff is because it was working.
it's much easier to do simple things when they work.
I haven't the slightest doubt that this was the affirmed justification for players that abuse Meta Knight's attacks online, find a reason to ignore advice, and continue doing as they do "because it works." Effectiveness of tactic does not directly correlate to how well you're playing the character. What's the point of winning if you're not improving upon what you did to win in the first place? I get when stuff just works, but if you let that become how you approach a match-up in general just because it works on one player, you're going to get disappointed sooner than if you kept building off of "what's working" by heeding advice and implementing it where you see fit. If you get advice, and don't see any of it fit, you have a problem if any of your reasoning has to do with "what I did was working, so I stuck with it." Why was it working? You have to be able to deliver a better counterargument, or at the very least, advice of your own.

You play anyone better than me you will get read like a picture book.
Likewise, the competence of other players has nothing to do with how you and him play each other. According to this, something you need to work on is reading your opponent. Not to imply that you're not trying, but I think your statement goes without saying. If he gets accustomed to playing you a certain "predictable" way, the only people it should matter to are you and him. I'm positive he wouldn't play me as he does against you, because he gets that he has to adapt with how well I can normally read and react to people. If it's too much for you to take, you don't have to play him. He's improving, and the last thing he needs is for someone to insinuate to him that he'll get thrashed by someone better than them judging by how he plays against them specifically. He could play better or worse against someone who's keen at reading players. I'm not acting in his defense, but from my time playing him, he gets when stuff doesn't work and changes up what he does until he finds something that does work. He apparently wasn't getting punished often enough for his "predictable" play. Wifi can be a ***** of a medium for punishing stuff in general, but if you yourself can call the play so predictable, you could've gotten off enough punishes to force him to play better. He'd get when stuff isn't working in his favor anymore; I'm sure anyone would.

Also, not everyone is against you, Hype; but being so angsty just because people are opposed to your opinion will only go to serve your apparent mentality that people hate or dislike you. I know this from firsthand experience in the arena, actually.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Also, not everyone is against you, Hype; but being so angsty just because people are opposed to your opinion will only go to serve your apparent mentality that people hate or dislike you. I know this from firsthand experience in the arena, actually.
Yeah I understand I can come off as more rude than I intend to be. I'm trying to change that though. I'll keep what you said in mind but for now I'd rather not discuss it anymore. Thanks for helping though Zatch.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Woah, woah, woah. What in the world is going on here? D: I didn't mean for arguments to start...
Zatchiel, in response to you:
I can certainly agree with you 100%, but it's not as if I'll just automatically assume that what I'm doing will work on everyone if it works on just one person. But I'm not going to say that I'm a perfect being, either. I know I have my own problems, my own habits and such, and so on.
Just to clarify things with Hyper, in that case:
Listen, I wasn't trying to say that I was better than you or that your advice was pointless. Your advice is practical, actually. It completely makes sense; I know that I was definitely doing a lot of the same repeated things. However, I just wanted to get the point across to you that the reason my tactics kept working was because you weren't responding well enough to my decisions. Now, I don't mean to say this in a bad way at all, of course. You're very talented at certain aspects of your characters. It's just my simple advice, and nothing more, that you should try a few things: hold up your shield longer if you see me, or anyone, trying to repeatedly place pressure on you with the same move. If I'm falling on you with Dairs, then you can just hold up your shield until I fall to the ground and punish accordingly. Try to find patterns in your opponent's play style and capitalize on them. I'm sure you do already, but just focus on it more. Also, be aware that I don't think you're a bad person at all. You're simply stating your opinions, am I right? :3
To Someonerandom:
He's right in a way, though. We both had our flaws. I was spamming too much, and he wasn't responding well enough, leading to all this controversy. That's all there is to it.

Now, really, guys, that should settle it. Why did this become such a discussion? It was just a few games played between two players that are still young in the ways of Brawl. ;P

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
it's not as if I'll just automatically assume that what I'm doing will work on everyone if it works on just one person.
I get that, which is why I never claimed it. I actually stated against that in the lower half of my post, pretty much equivalently. I was just responding to your notion regarding how you play against Hype. There's a difference between a win and a triumph. It's not worth it to win in this game if you're not getting better from it, in my opinion. The quote of "the only reason I was doing that stuff is because it was working" doesn't make it seem like you're trying to get better against the player, but just win, rather. I'm sure I'm being finicky with the wording, mainly because of the word "only", but I was pretty much just pointing out flaws on either side and trying to arbitrate. But still, I won't continue the discussion any further than this since it's not my business. My apologies to you both, though.

Hype, might you be around to play later? I haven't gotten to play you in a hot minute.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I will be able to play after I play someone else I promised. If not tomorrow for sure.
Well, just look for me tomorrow if we don't play tonight. No prob.

Anybody want to play for right now?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Hype. I don't see what intrigued you so much about the Kirby dittos. o.o Do you not get to play that match-up often? Or was it just runback? Either way, I didn't really mind. You're quite competent, it was fun playing you.

Any particular reason why I don't usually see Kirby players using FF-Uair rather than B-bair all the time? I think it's really good at setting up neat chains and even giving you a set up for B-air, rather than just B-air by itself. I learned most of my Kirby from Mike, but I don't think I'll ever be as patient as him. Bleh. I'll give advice on request.

Edit: Hm. With Kirby, you seemed to struggle a lot when it came to your offensive, and I was able to capitalize a lot on your use of B-air. If you're going to B-air a shield, try to space it better/retreat it. Otherwise I have easy opportunity to punish OoS. As I said above, I feel like FF-Uair is pretty viable as an option for setting up stuff like U-tilt, B-air, a pivot grab; you name it, pretty much. Use your tilts more, specifically U-tilt and D-tilt. You can trip with D-tilt and get an easy grab. U-tilt keeps your opponent in the air, where most characters typically don't want to be when it comes to Kirby. U-tilt and U-air allow for juggling on crack. You can chain U-airs at really low percents, and loop that into other stuff to keep your enemy under control. When it comes to grabbing, try to shield-dash your grabs rather than dash grabbing. It's not as laggy and is less likely to get you punished if you miss. Also, if you're going to use dash attack, make sure it's as instant as possible. Don't run across the stage and use it, because if it get's shielded, you're in for at least an easy grab. Space your aerials more if your opponent is still on the defensive, since neglecting to do so will most likely end up in them getting shielded.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good games Hype. I don't see what intrigued you so much about the Kirby dittos. o.o Do you not get to play that match-up often? Or was it just runback? Either way, I didn't really mind. You're quite competent, it was fun playing you.

Any particular reason why I don't usually see Kirby players using FF-Uair rather than B-bair all the time? I think it's really good at setting up neat chains and even giving you a set up for B-air, rather than just B-air by itself. I learned most of my Kirby from Mike, but I don't think I'll ever be as patient as him. Bleh. I'll give advice on request.
Yes please advice, I felt shut down a lot at times.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yes please advice, I felt shut down a lot at times.
Edit: Hm. With Kirby, you seemed to struggle a lot when it came to your offensive, and I was able to capitalize a lot on your use of B-air. If you're going to B-air a shield, try to space it better/retreat it. Otherwise I have easy opportunity to punish OoS. As I said above, I feel like FF-Uair is pretty viable as an option for setting up stuff like U-tilt, B-air, a pivot grab; you name it, pretty much. Use your tilts more, specifically U-tilt and D-tilt. You can trip with D-tilt and get an easy grab. U-tilt keeps your opponent in the air, where most characters typically don't want to be when it comes to Kirby. U-tilt and U-air allow for juggling on crack. You can chain U-airs at really low percents, and loop that into other stuff to keep your enemy under control. When it comes to grabbing, try to shield-dash your grabs rather than dash grabbing. It's not as laggy and is less likely to get you punished if you miss. Also, if you're going to use dash attack, make sure it's as instant as possible. Don't run across the stage and use it, because if it get's shielded, you're in for at least an easy grab. Space your aerials more if your opponent is still on the defensive, since neglecting to do so will most likely end up in them getting shielded.
There you are.

1v1 anyone?
I'll play.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I guess I'll play. Crash isn't replying.

Star2575

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2724-0493-9618
Yay!\* w */ let me get set and add you.~

wow that was fun!i defenitly want to play again with you!>:3 but sleepy time.- w -b lets brawl whnever you can.>:3
Edit:How did you knew i almost double posted?!@ _ @ thanks XD ah your so nice!your good too shielding my attacks and countering.> w > you know a lot.:o lol in usually in the offense XD should go defensive as well.* w *

Last edited by a moderator:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games. You're ****ing godlike when it comes to escaping grabs and stuff. .__. Like, jeez. You're one of the better Yoshis I've played around here, but you use dash attack and dash grab too much/too predictably. D-tilt isn't bad when it comes to poking at an enemy that's too far away for jab, so I'd recommend using that. I'm honestly not even sure what else to say. You're a good sport. <3

Oi. Try not to double post, by the way. Good night mate. =)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Good games! :D Man, why is it that i'm always destroyed by Ike and Ganondorf? ._. They've always been a trouble to me xD
GGs Dan. I wish I had saved that G&W/Peach match. That was my first time doing that up throw to uptilt/uptilt to judgment.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Brawl anyone?

EDIT:
Still awaiting the arrival of my preliminarily anonymous adversary!

EDIT EDIT:
Please.. redeem me from the suspense..

Last edited:

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Brawl anyone?

EDIT:
Still awaiting the arrival of my preliminarily anonymous adversary!

EDIT EDIT:
Please.. redeem me from the suspense..
You are really patient aren't you? With only like 3 hours of sleep I'm pretty worthless right now but I'll try to give it a go if you'd like. :)

Edited: unless comet would like to play you.

Top Bottom