• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GGs, are you a pro?
Good games man! We miraculously enough managed to establish a (in WiFi terms) sublime connection and we had interesting games going on! I really like the grab mix-ups of your :marth:; to my indignation I was quite astounded by the timing of the grabs lol.

And wow, thanks for such an implicit compliment xD. I have been playing eversince.. well.. eversince I joined the boards (competitively, that is), and I aspire to become an indisputably viable contender in the new Smash game (whereas my disadvantage in the race towards becoming world's best Brawler was incurred due to the time of entry, which was delayed until recently). Correspondingly, I'm determined to develop my :pit: in Brawl, to the extent that I can reap the rewards of the arrow-exercise (for instance) in the new game (assuming that a general lay-out of the character will remain pristine, regardless of certain adjustments made to the toolbox ;)).

But thanks a lot! And I hope to brawl you again soonish

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Disregard this poast.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play mate.

I think I just learned that Marth is a big ball of ****ing ******ry.

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Panicking a little?ol,I got pretty nervous myself a lot of times .OH! So,that's what happened. Ah,icic.SDing usually happens to me when I forget I used my second jump.it's really silly xd

Dolphin smash to instant counter is a pretty clever tacticr,good example,I'm pretty slow at downloading a players mind set when it comes to their reactions to certain moves,the stronger a player,the harder it is to read them.

Rofl your funny. xD and the supposed combos you did were a follow up instead? i guess that means I failed to DI at any given time.interesting

The links are more of a zoning type character,I'm more of a rush down and mix up kind of guy,I like characters that space well but link offers too much space. I merely use link because I have a lot of love for the games. X3
Not sure if it's nerves or what, it justs happens. xD I just mistime or misdirect it usually. I've also started doing it offline too, I'm such a noob.
I've also had that sometimes! Sucks with characters that have short recoveries. D:
Aww, it's just practice, the more you play a character the more you see what seems to 'trend'. I really can't speak for Marf but it'll probably just hit you someday in the middle of a match that everyone spotdodges whatever attack you throw out, and you can figure from there how to go about punishing the 'dodge. :D Experienced players of course will vary their moves more because they know they can get punished, but mostly everyone has bad habits, like excessive spotdodging/rolling or something.
xP Definitely with Zelda anyway, I don't think she has any true combos. I don't even know what i'm doing half the time with pitch and TL so i can't comment. xD Still not sure about the marf/usmash sdi situation, but you can most likely sdi out of nair.

I see. Your playstyle did confuse me, I won't even comment on that Ike dash attack thing you had going on.... lol
You need a highfive larger than the one I can express to you virtually! ^5 loz. :D Which is why I still insist on seeing them again properly. :D

~~~

Anyone else, brawl?
Never mind then, I'll go play some mariokart. :p

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Project M doubles, anyone? Path and I wanted to get some set up possibly whenever today.

Edit: So is that a yes, Jiggle?

Double edit: Great. Only need one more. Anyone else?

Last edited:

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Whence the need to inflict such agonising solitude, Arena?! Brawl me and redeem me from this torment.. please..

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Whence the need to inflict such agonising solitude, Arena?! Brawl me and redeem me from this torment.. please..
I can brawl you~
:3
Forgive me, though; I'm still a tad bit rusty.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Courage. Any special reason you're practicing Wolf? Your Yoshi is still ****ing magic; I had to start staying inside of the egg after getting pooped out to avoid the egg lay pseudo, which you are crazy good at. Best Yoshi I've gotten the pleasure of playing, really.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs Zatchiel~ gtg for now.

I didn't go Yoshi as much cuz ocasionally he feals very awkward on wifi randomly. Soooo I went :wolf: <3

Edit: Aww thnx :D. Wolf was one of the original characters I practiced a lot when I first picked up the game besides PT and Olimar. Wolf is the only one I'm still good at. I love his moveset too. Plus....he's a wolf.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Almost died yesterday. I need some brawl to calm me down or some PM to make me happy.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Outstanding! I shall be there in a couple of minutes :)

And no biggies; I'm affirmative that it'll shed off immediately ;)
Have I ever told you how much I love your manner of speaking? xP
Anyway, yeah, I'll see you soon~

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Almost died yesterday.

I know that feel. Almost happened to me during the summer while I was bike riding. Really unnerved just thinking about it.

I'll be around if anyone else wants to play.

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Teams are ready, guys. I'll be with Path, and we'll be red. Jiggs and Dan we'll be teaming together, and you guys can pick the color you want. :)

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261

I know that feel. Almost happened to me during the summer while I was bike riding. Really unnerved just thinking about it.

I'll be around if anyone else wants to play.
You have any tips for me as wolf?

Also tips for Yoshi vs Shiek? Like...her frame data + Yoshi's bad shield makes the amount of things she can get away with ridiculous :/

Top Bottom