• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Outstanding! I shall be there in a couple of minutes :)

And no biggies; I'm affirmative that it'll shed off immediately ;)
Hey, great games! So much fun, haha~
Although that Lucario ditto... Let's just say I get depressed when someone beats me with my own character. xP Lol~
No, but really, those were lots of fun. I played horribly against your Marth. :p Oh well. And sorry to leave on a win, but I'm honestly just all Brawled out now. xD
Did you catch anything I was doing badly? (I know I don't use UTilt...)
Your Pit is amazing, though. Nice arrow loops! You were surprisingly accurate with them. ;3 I would just say to not rely on Side-B so much, because if you hit with it, it's okay, but if you miss, and especially against Lucario and his ridiculous FSmash, you're going to get punished hard.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You have any tips for me as wolf?
Well, firstly, because I saw this a lot: Don't finish your jab on a shield. If they shield it to jab two, either jab cancel and start a new jab, go for a grab, or just retreat a SH f-air (forget about doing the latter if you have to SH offstage to do so, since it'll just put you in a bad position). You can use f-throw > f-smash at lower percents as a fairly reliable pseudo, especially if your enemy's back is to the ledge after the throw. Even if they shield it, the second hit will push them onto the ledge. When your opponent is on the ledge, try to stay nearer. It's more advantageous for you than retreating and using your blaster. When it comes to using b-air, try spacing it better. You want to try hitting with the boot of Wolf's b-air just about all the time, unless you're intending on stringing something out of the weaker hit. If you're going to go for jab1 > jab 2 > d-smash, make sure you give yourself time to hit-confirm and observe that the opponent is still at least in front of you, taking damage from the jab 2. If they didn't take damage, they either SDI'd jab 1, or they didn't get hit by it at all. Even still, I think d-smash can more reliably kill on its own without being set up by jab.

Also tips for Yoshi vs Shiek?
Needles > Eggs when Shiek and Yoshi are both ground level. Throwing eggs just give Shiek time to charge needles, which fully charged can deal twice as much as eggs. Yoshi's SH b-air is a good option against Sheik, so long as you retreat it if it hits her shield; you can turn around and jab if she tries to punish on the ground, and she has no reliable means of punishing you for it in the air. If you're getting f-tilt locked, and you still have your second jump, your best option for escape is jump > simultaneous n-air. If you just go for n-air, as most Yoshis I've played against do, Sheik can shield grab it. Now that only goes to a certain point, however. After about 70-75%, I'd say just go for n-air. That way you have the meager chance of catching Sheik off frame wise, or just getting grabbed rather than taking a tipper u-smash finish, which I believe is powerful enough to interrupt Yoshi's second jump and kill him at around 85-90% give or take depending on the stage. If Sheik comes running at you, it's safe to assume she's either going to try to grab you or go for an aerial. If any Sheik is running across the stage to use dash-attack on you, it's probably just a really bad habit of theirs, which you should surely take advantage of because it has cooldown so horrid that it can even be punished if it hits, at low percents.

I'm not sure what else to say about Yoshi vs. Sheik from the perspective of Yoshi. I could say more from the perspective of Sheik, but I'm not sure how to derive advice for Yoshi based on that alone.

Anybody want to play?

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
No team attack please
So that's why team attack was off... I kept thinking someone did it on accident, and kept waiting for it to be fixed lol.

GGs!

@ capt'n Yesssssh I do

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Oh, actually, I'm gonna eat real quick instead. So in about 10 minutes or so, we can play if you want to. :)

D

Deleted member

Good games guys c: sorry we couldn't play more, I have to go to a highschool transition thing >.<

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Well, clearly i was the worst -.-

Gg's btw
I think you just need to get the hang of teams^^

Oh, actually, I'm gonna eat real quick instead. So in about 10 minutes or so, we can play if you want to. :)
I'll take this time to eat as well then, haven't even had breakfast yet...

Edit: All my tech errors though... TT.TT Y I cant Lcancel no moar?

Last edited:

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Hey, great games! So much fun, haha~
Although that Lucario ditto... Let's just say I get depressed when someone beats me with my own character. xP Lol~
No, but really, those were lots of fun. I played horribly against your Marth. :p Oh well. And sorry to leave on a win, but I'm honestly just all Brawled out now. xD
Did you catch anything I was doing badly? (I know I don't use UTilt...)
Your Pit is amazing, though. Nice arrow loops! You were surprisingly accurate with them. ;3 I would just say to not rely on Side-B so much, because if you hit with it, it's okay, but if you miss, and especially against Lucario and his ridiculous FSmash, you're going to get punished hard.
Good games man!

Sorry about that ditto vengeance fight; I was just slightly aggravated by the fact that you managed to.. petrify my :pit:; I kind of lost my mobility which is so paramount for a :pit: ;/
And no hard feelings on the departure! I was actually intending to leave myself in approximately 10 minutes so, no biggies.

As for allegedly 'bad' habits or so; you tend to roll quite often in general, and spot dodge contingently which contaminates your own anticipation pattern. I'd try to be a bit more sensible when it comes to the avoidance manoeuvres and try to disable that rolling reflex really. Try to preserve your cool and actually observe what is the best option when you're knocked off your feet or in an invidious position :).
Oh yeah and as regards the abstinence of u-tilt; you should use it, and you should use it regularly.. As you might've noticed in the ditto, I took advantage of its incredible frame rate and its vast hitbox as OoS or as landing element in the (in)famous f-air -> n-air -> u-tilt sequence. U-tilt is such a brilliant move.. As is d-tilt btw, although I habitually abstain from using d-tilt myself. I should really opt to implement it into my game really ;O
Furthermore, your :lucario: is quite nifty! You utilise his every move in a myriad of combinations, and alternate between grabbing and jabbing / f-tilting really well. I'd say that you remain quite unpredictable in that respect, which is a major plus, frankly. Your aerial patterns are, similarly, fairly meticulous as well; although you usually go for the commonplace f-air -> n-air combo, you do moderately alternate with f-air -> d-airs or f-air -> f-airs, which is not bad for the sake of being unreadable.

Thanks for the compliment anyway! Hehe, the looping is just another fancy asset which is rather aesthetic than effective. Although some looped arrows caught you off-guard if I'm not mistaken xd. As for the precision; practice makes perfect I suppose ^^
And thanks for the suggestion; I know that the Angel Ring isn't quite as concise as other moves contained in his moveset, but I just dread getting hurled off the stage by those spherical projectiles of death & decay rofl. Mirror Shield has different initiation frame rates which do not always allow for the swiftest response, hence the deliberation to use it in so many occasions.

Oh and ban :lucario:'s f-smash anyway sigh.. xd

Good games and until the next ones!

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
GGS, I'd like to make the john that my hands where shaky at first.
First rule of smash no Johns :) but yeah i did see your playstyle get a lot better as the matches went on had a lot of fun playing you. Zelda vs falco looks like a really bad mu to me but GG's

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
First rule of smash no Johns :) but yeah i did see your playstyle get a lot better as the matches went on had a lot of fun playing you. Zelda vs falco looks like a really bad mu to me but GG's
I cant help but play zelda... I never lost as her back in casual times... Those mega death toe attacks are my favorite attacks in the game, rivaling even the knee of justice.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I'll take this time to eat as well then, haven't even had breakfast yet...

Edit: All my tech errors though... TT.TT Y I cant Lcancel no moar?
Lol. I can hardly waveland off platforms online without killing myself, or just failing completely... Dat derp Wi-Fi.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and host a room for when you're ready.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
I cant help but play zelda... I never lost as her back in casual times... Those mega death toe attacks are my favorite attacks in the game, rivaling even the knee of justice.
Im not saying dont play zelda its just from what i saw falco kinda beats her bad or i just have more experience in that mu

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Don't gots PM. I'll add you and host a room.

Aw crap. Was I that late? =c
sorry, if you are still there join... I was trying to get my PM working and completely forgot about my post...

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Not sure if it's nerves or what, it justs happens. xD I just mistime or misdirect it usually. I've also started doing it offline too, I'm such a noob.
I've also had that sometimes! Sucks with characters that have short recoveries. D:
Aww, it's just practice, the more you play a character the more you see what seems to 'trend'. I really can't speak for Marf but it'll probably just hit you someday in the middle of a match that everyone spotdodges whatever attack you throw out, and you can figure from there how to go about punishing the 'dodge. :D Experienced players of course will vary their moves more because they know they can get punished, but mostly everyone has bad habits, like excessive spotdodging/rolling or something.
xP Definitely with Zelda anyway, I don't think she has any true combos. I don't even know what i'm doing half the time with pitch and TL so i can't comment. xD Still not sure about the marf/usmash sdi situation, but you can most likely sdi out of nair.

I see. Your playstyle did confuse me, I won't even comment on that Ike dash attack thing you had going on.... lol
You need a highfive larger than the one I can express to you virtually! ^5 loz. :D Which is why I still insist on seeing them again properly. :D

~~~

Anyone else, brawl?
Never mind then, I'll go play some mariokart. :p
Nothing wrong with being a n00b though fighting games are usually hard to grasp,I'm sure smash bros is no exception,right? XDXD

Well,Marth wasn't a easy character to learn,he was so demanding to use XD I haven't developed any bad habits with Spot dodging and rolling,they're really different mechanics from other fighting games I play like street fighter for example,at times I refuse to use them because they make the game so much more easier.so,from what your saying is the higher level players abuse the spot dodging mechanic to some degree,wow I need to learn some viable counters then,Marty's dancing blade maybe? XD

You don't? Lol I'll stop labeling them as combos then,I just how you rack up much damage in a flashy way.

Well,It's good to learn a variety of characters for counter pick,I'm sure it doesn't long for someone to pick up on their opponent attack pattern but this varies on skill. Ike's dash attack totally spells out rush down,no pun intendedXD thanks for the high five dude,I wouldn't drop link despite his short comings like his recovery for example since I love him so much,I 'll definitely tried to improve with him.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I'm surprised I'm not bald now from me wanting to tear off all my hair... Lmao. GG's, Path. Lag is love, lag is life.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Hahahahaha. I felt so bad!
But I defiantly know the feeling though. :p
Such is the way of online life.

Well, we'll have to try for some more dubz again some time soon. We made a great team. :) Shame we didn't get to play more of that, though.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Such is the way of online life.

Well, we'll have to try for some more dubz again some time soon. We made a great team. :) Shame we didn't get to play more of that, though.
Also my brother got home and decided to play an online game soon after dubz ended, that might explain the lag...

Yup, dubz are so much fun! Count me in. :)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Also my brother got home and decided to play an online game soon after dubz ended, that might explain the lag...

Yup, dubz are so much fun! Count me in. :)
That would make sense, then... Hadn't had it quite that bad in a while.

Sure thing. ^^

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Alrighty, I think I'm through. Fun games Ben. Do you play PM more than you play Brawl? The way you play Marth is unusual to me, in a way. I wish wifi registered more of my techs. >:V

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Alrighty, I think I'm through. Fun games Ben. Do you play PM more than you play Brawl? The way you play Marth is unusual to me, in a way. I wish wifi registered more of my techs. >:V
The way I play marth tends to get me a ton of shield pokes (when I can actually concentrate that is). I even placed third in winners bracket once because I got like 4 shield pokes...

It's my own style but I need to brush off some rust before I can remember how to really use it again...

Man I haven't seen a jab lock in forever! I thought they got banned...

Last edited:
Top Bottom