• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
My signature Wolf nair approach -> Jab cancel grab -> single pummel -> dthrow -> full jab -> fair/up tilt (depending on DI) is good for around 0% to 40-45% if I pull it off right. Especially on battlefield. If I catch em with it there, I can start a juggle and get em to at least around 65%.

Works well conceptually, but it's been tough to pull off on certain players :p
:surprised: Props to you, coming up with Brawl combos is probably a nightmare. Shoo props to anyone and everyone who comes up with Brawl combos!

@Converse96 Yes! Join the P:M movement!

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GGs DAS. Sorry for performing so terrible. I was playing this guys custom addon for a game, which happened to be a maze. I couldn't solve it and got a really bad headache (felt like I had to throw up sometimes). You probably noticed how much sluggish and spammy I was compared to the last time we brawled.

EDIT: Sorry about the disconnects, our internet randomly went out, then when I was joining you again, my brother plugged out the router.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GGs DAS. Sorry for performing so terrible. I was playing this guys custom addon for a game, which happened to be a maze. I couldn't solve it and got a really bad headache (felt like I had to throw up sometimes). You probably noticed how much sluggish and spammy I was compared to the last time we brawled.

GGs as well Meteor, and its cool man. That's unfortunate lol, but yeah I noticed some stuff you were doing. Particularly the bomb spam with Toon Link lol.

We all have our off days though. Enjoyed the matches nonetheless man.

Edit: Oh I see well internet connections and their randomness. I exit the game because I had the wrong rules on lol. In case you were wondering of course.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Hi Das, do you want to brawl? If you're too tired or busy it's fine.
edit: nevermind, I hope we can play tomorrow.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Where have you been Mr. ruler of the arena?:glare: Have you been up to no good? :laugh:

Also I took your chair:smirk:
Ive been busy with priorities of life >.> work/college/family.........plotting murder.........the usual.......

GIVE IT BACK :mad: THE BACK OF MY HAND I SWEAR!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Alexo, I've noticed some definite improvement in your ability to read your opponent, I'm liking your Sheik a lot, when you play her you seem to take a much more patient and methodical approach to playing which I feel benefits you a lot, I also noticed a lot of just waiting for one of us to open ourselves up rather than just going in. I feel like you could've won a lot of those matches if you stayed patient, but I know Bowser and Ganon can be really stressful characters to fight since approaching them is so dangerous.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GGs, Alexo, I've noticed some definite improvement in your ability to read your opponent, I'm liking your Sheik a lot, when you play her you seem to take a much more patient and methodical approach to playing which I feel benefits you a lot, I also noticed a lot of just waiting for one of us to open ourselves up rather than just going in.
GGs Yeah I noticed the exact same thing when I played as Sheik. Yeah Im gonna use Sheik when I feel like its a bad MU for Falcon. I finally realized how good stomp->knee is lol. I feel like my Falcon is getting better as well(couldnt really tell because I had soo many SDs throughout all of those games lol).

Bowser, im pretty comfortable with. Ganon... oh lord, Im still baffled.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs Yeah I noticed the exact same thing when I played as Sheik. Yeah Im gonna use Sheik when I feel like its a bad MU for Falcon. I finally realized how good stomp->knee is lol. I feel like my Falcon is getting better as well(couldnt really tell because I had soo many SDs throughout all of those games lol).
Haha yeah, those SD's are definitely something you need to work on, instead of trying to get fancy I would say just WD offstage and grab ledge whenever you're trying to edgeguard, but yeah I feel like Sheik is a really solid secondary, I need one too because so many MUs suck so hard for Bowser, I'm thinking either one of the Mario Bros, or Ike.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Bowser, im pretty comfortable with. Ganon... oh lord, Im still baffled.
Haha yeah honestly I feel like the community gives Bowser way too much credit, I mean yeah he's good, but once you realize all you have to do to beat him is camp and grab he becomes much less of a threat. As for Ganon I have a lot of trouble with that MU as well, I hate it with Bowser because his size makes him ridiculously easy to tech chase, I used to go Mario, but now J-slo pretty much has my Mario figured out, but I also have pretty good luck with Ike, Lucas, and Luigi (fun fact: dthrow to up-b is a true combo on Ganon, no lie)

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah, those SD's are definitely something you need to work on, instead of trying to get fancy I would say just WD offstage and grab ledge whenever you're trying to edgeguard, but yeah I feel like Sheik is a really solid secondary, I need one too because so many MUs suck so hard for Bowser, I'm thinking either one of the Mario Bros, or Ike.
Most of the SDs ocurred when I was tryin to tech which makes me really mad, you know you hit the tech but you airdodge offstage. I blame lag(not a john). Im always gonna incorporate a moonwalk in to most edgeguards with Falcon lol. I would think the Mario gang would be a better secondary to Bowser.

Yeah I guess Ike would be a good choice if youre looking for a somewhat similar style(heavy hitting) to Bowsers.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Most of the SDs ocurred when I was tryin to tech which makes me really mad, you know you hit the tech but you airdodge offstage. I blame lag(not a john). Im always gonna incorporate a moonwalk in to most edgeguards with Falcon lol. I would think the Mario gang would be a better secondary to Bowser.
Perhaps, but Ike feels pretty natural too since he's also really heavy, but unlike Bowser he actually has a small frame, so he's not nearly as easy to combo.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
GG's Bros and foster. the FFA's and teams were great, but after the first 2 hours i started getting reckless and sloppy. During the last few matches i had a sudden urge to use Falcon, and i never use him so i was just wingin' it. But yeah, i gotta get some sleep...

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Wow GG's Meteor! you really kicked my butt lol. Glad you helped me unrust my old, creaky play style.

I felt so unfamiliar to everyone I used, especially Marth. I forgot how to space with him, but I managed to pull through for one game. Also Nice TLink! I wanted to use him too, but I wasn't sure if you were up for dittos. Your Pit is really good, and that R.O.B is like impossible to approach. his neutral air has the most ******** hitbox in all man kind xP

Top Bottom