• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Ha! Great games yo! This made for some good ol' practice well at least for my Marth ^^ Sorry if I was a little iffy my arm started to hurt, something bit me! Or something...? TMI? Anyways it was fun you three.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games, y'all. Falcon team is too hard for me to pull off appropriately online, PZ, sorry for ending that early on. XD You were pretty in tune with the teamwork. Glad to have ya. c:

Dan got so much momentum going in clutch with that Peach, lol.

D

Deleted member

Indeed although I felt the last few games were kinda made of jokes. Nothing against them but I finally stopped getting hit by everything:<
Meanwhile I was flying all around the darn screen and had to steal lives from Moi (She would be doing so good and I would go and take a life from her and basically ruin the whole match :p)

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good Games Sonsa, I don't know if you got mad at my falco or not but after you camped my Ike with Toonlink I wanted to camp lasers back.

You have a bad rolling habit so watch out for that, I was trying to take advantage of the rolls as Ike. (when I don't get camped)
Also your Ness needs more spacing. Forward Airs and Neutral Airs are your friends. PK Fire isn't the answer to everything.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Anybody want to play? I want to practice a certain new character I said I'd pick up around the time I started posting here. Brawl, by the way.

Doubles would be cool, too, if anyone wants to do that.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Anybody want to play? I want to practice a certain new character I said I'd pick up around the time I started posting here. Brawl, by the way.

Doubles would be cool, too, if anyone wants to do that.
I'll play Xad

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
I'm game.

I imagine it'd be pretty hard to do that against most of the cast as Link, hehe. I actually don't think I've played a Link main online before other than Legan (but he didn't use Link, of course). You're not bad. Try to focus more on camping with bombs, arrows, and boomerang more. And use some more z-air to keep distance if they get close. More jabs, u-tilt and b-air when it comes to the closer encounters; more n-air would help too, but I'd say it's more situational than the three I mentioned. Try not to use d-air unless you either have a really good feeling about your prediction of what your opponent will do next, or they're really really really open. That lag you get upon landing with the move is nothing to gamble on so often. Keep it fresh, too. Try to use less rolls and substitute them for something like jabs.
Thanks for the feedback man, awesome :D I'm a little rusty as I haven't played in a few weeks. Your tips are well noted. Hope to play you again sometime. :)

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
its been a while since i showed my face here. so many new faces :p if i get my college wifi working soon i might come by for matches again. the bows is back :smirk:

.... almost -.-

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGs Ometa! Today was certainly a bad day for Wolf, lol.
Had a lot of fun playing your Samus. You're awesome with her. c: And sorry for the false advertising on that 'Last' tag, but I really wasn't wanting to end on the note of me practically SD;ing twice.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
GGs Ometa! Today was certainly a bad day for Wolf, lol.
Had a lot of fun playing your Samus. You're awesome with her. c: And sorry for the false advertising on that 'Last' tag, but I really wasn't wanting to end on the note of me practically SD;ing twice.
GGs mate!~

I was really digging your :pit: , :ike:, and :marth: You have nice movement and offstage game with all three. :grin:

Even though most of the matches were really close, I could tell you began to adapt to my playstyle. You started reading me like a book in some situations! :p

Hope to play you again! I certainly had fun~

...And we both know that you weren't sd'ing that second to last match... :smirk:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGs mate!~

I was really digging your :pit: , :ike:, and :marth: You have nice movement and offstage game with all three. :grin:

Even though most of the matches were really close, I could tell you began to adapt to my playstyle. You started reading me like a book in some situations! :p

Hope to play you again!~

...And we both know that you weren't sd'ing that second to last match... :smirk:
Hey, I did say 'practically'. I consider recovering as stupidly as that a self destruct. But hey, I slipped up and it was my fault, so no johns from me. c:

Thanks man! Trying to work on reading. Likewise, I look forward to playing you again! and claiming my revenge on dat Jiggz that made a fool of me. B)

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
I'll play Xad
Good games! Once again, you seem to have improved a little bit. I was actually planning on the Bowser ditto on Castle Siege to be the last match, but I didn't want to end it right after your SD. Also, for some reason, one of my thumbs seemed to have gotten just a little bit sore during the second stock of the last match. Oh well!

Also, I like how you actually go for jab locks now. They almost never work, but it's fun and very rewarding when they do!

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good games! Once again, you seem to have improved a little bit. I was actually planning on the Bowser ditto on Castle Siege to be the last match, but I didn't want to end it right after your SD. Also, for some reason, one of my thumbs seemed to have gotten just a little bit sore during the second stock of the last match. Oh well!

Also, I like how you actually go for jab locks now. They almost never work, but it's fun and very rewarding when they do!
Good games Xad! I felt like I was taking on a mountain the whole time. xD
Your pokemon trainer is really good (especially since I never fought a pokemon trainer before) but why don't you use Ivysaur as much? He's my favorite of the 3 actually.

My bowser needs a lot of work as you can see but I was happy I was at least able to keep up with a main. I know I was SDI'ing properly on your fire breath but I think something is wrong with my c-stick and it gets sticky sometimes. :(

Regardless really fun matches and we should play again sometime soon.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games Xad! I felt like I was taking on a mountain the whole time. xD
Your pokemon trainer is really good (especially since I never fought a pokemon trainer before) but why don't you use Ivysaur as much? He's my favorite of the 3 actually.

My bowser needs a lot of work as you can see but I was happy I was at least able to keep up with a main. I know I was SDI'ing properly on your fire breath but I think something is wrong with my c-stick and it gets sticky sometimes. :(

Regardless really fun matches and we should play again sometime soon.
Well, the reason why I don't use much Ivysaur is because he's by far the worst out of the three. Simply knock him off the stage then grab the ledge, and Ivysaur is dead. As for on the stage, I can't really describe how (probably since I just now started trying to be good with PT... and I am tired), but he seems completely inferior to Charizard except against characters like Bowser. And then there's the thing with Charizard being more similar to Bowser than Ivysaur is, so I'm more comfortable with Charizard.

also I wasn't trying my hardest in most of the Bowser dittos but anyway
[Insert Tips to Improve Your Bowser Here]
Why am I posting so lazily

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
wait does everyone here have a bowser now? -.- i thought i'd come back being "the bowser" but i come back to see xadrin and Hyp3r with their own bowsers ;~;

HYP3R

Smash Lord
wait does everyone here have a bowser now? -.- i thought i'd come back being "the bowser" but i come back to see xadrin and Hyp3r with their own bowsers ;~;
I main Kirby lol. I'm just learning bowser in my spare time.

@ Xadrin Xadrin you can edit it with tips tomorrow since i'm going to bed anyway.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
I main Kirby lol. I'm just learning bowser in my spare time.

@ Xadrin Xadrin you can edit it with tips tomorrow since i'm going to bed anyway.
ah cool well i'd love to teach bowser. i've been told i cheat because nobody knows the mu lol. depends how good you want your bowser tho since you main kirby already

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
I've always had a Bowser! Seems like someone has been skipping over my posts.
i havent been here in quite a while. i usually only came around every once in a while and caught a game with DAS or something. are there any falco players here? i wanna learn that mu since thats the only one that truly gives me trouble

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
i havent been here in quite a while. i usually only came around every once in a while and caught a game with DAS or something. are there any falco players here? i wanna learn that mu since thats the only one that truly gives me trouble
Oh, I know it's been a while. I was here before you took that little break of yours. You're not getting out of this one

I Dair You is the only Falco player I know of who posts here, and he's actually good.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
Oh, I know it's been a while. I was here before you took that little break of yours. You're not getting out of this one

I Dair You is the only Falco player I know of who posts here, and he's actually good.
well this should be interesting. its been a while since i even played falco. all i remember is anyone who even knows what a falco is then he should be able to 3 stock bowser no problem. im trying to change that :smirk:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
well this should be interesting. its been a while since i even played falco. all i remember is anyone who even knows what a falco is then he should be able to 3 stock bowser no problem. im trying to change that :smirk:
The trick is to let him laser you until you're at around 50%. At that percent, you can't be dthrow > dair'd to your death! Plus there's the thing with Falco having low killing power and Bowser being so heavy, so if he doesn't get the chain grab spike, it'll take a while for you to die. If the Falco knows that, though... Well, just don't get grabbed until you're at 50%. Hooray for terrible match-ups!

Good luck in your match-up learning endeavors! I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
The trick is to let him laser you until you're at around 50%. At that percent, you can't be dthrow > dair'd to your death! Plus there's the thing with Falco having low killing power and Bowser being so heavy, so if he doesn't get the chain grab spike, it'll take a while for you to die. If the Falco knows that, though... Well, just don't get grabbed until you're at 50%. Hooray for terrible match-ups!

Good luck in your match-up learning endeavors! I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!
of course the grab thing is important. but its still bowser V falco in the end :p you still gotta get through camping and bowser has a pretty predictable approach to that. idk i havent fought a falco in a while and after my apex performance i feel i actually have a shot at being "good" with bows :p

Top Bottom