• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games, Xadrin. I can't punish Bowser good enough online for anything, haha.

I'll play you Alexo.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games, Xadrin. I can't punish Bowser good enough online for anything, haha.

I'll play you Alexo.
Well, good games. Your playstyle is so weird to me, though. I couldn't tell what you were trying to do half the time. o_o

Also one of the first times I've seen someone complain about Boozer online

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ayup. Add the one on my profile.

I play weird online most of the time, Xad. It's a thing of mine. I don't have any complaints about Bowser at all. Just my ability to punish online (in general, really).

You done, Alexo? Good games, mate.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Captain Falcon sucks so bad in Brawl, ****.
When it comes to Samus, it'd really help to know when to shield z-air. I know Samus in and out, so I almost never get hit by the thing, ideally. Once you get that down, you can decimate Samus up close since she doesn't have many speedy ground options, and most of her OoS options are tripe when it comes to CQC. U-air, jab, and to some extent, n-air, are all really useful when it comes to tearing up Samus after closing the distance. When she's in the air, chase her. Otherwise she's getting the opportunity to create/maintain distance. When it comes to approaching, SH u-air FF can let you jab her if she shields the u-air. Your jab is faster and more reliable than essentially all of her ground options. Her FF u-air is also something to look out for, even if you shield the entirety of it.

In my opinion, the match-up is entirely about closing distance and controlling it. But then again, I don't usually even play match-ups the way they're "supposed to be played." So I'm fundamentally just tellin' it how I sees it.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to Samus, it'd really help to know when to shield z-air. I know Samus in and out, so I almost never get hit by the thing, ideally. Once you get that down, you can decimate Samus up close since she doesn't have many speedy ground options, and most of her OoS options are tripe when it comes to CQC. U-air, jab, and to some extent, n-air, are all really useful when it comes to tearing up Samus after closing the distance. When she's in the air, chase her. Otherwise she's getting the opportunity to create/maintain distance. When it comes to approaching, SH u-air FF can let you jab her if she shields the u-air. Your jab is faster and more reliable than essentially all of her ground options. Her FF u-air is also something to look out for, even if you shield the entirety of it.

In my opinion, the match-up is entirely about closing distance and controlling it. But then again, I don't usually even play match-ups the way they're "supposed to be played."
You didn't have to go through all that trouble man, I really just **** around in Brawl... but thanks for the tips, valuable information.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Uhh... They're actually both frame 2 :p

GGs bro!~ I had a blast playing your wide arrange of characters. :3 (They're all good btw, though on a greater scale, you Diddy and Yoshi xD)

I'm up for grabs if anyone wants to play...
I'm pretty tired and not quite feeling 100% today...
But forget that! Lets bawrl.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Brawl anyone?
I'll play ya Mbro! It's been a while hasn't it?

I am issuing a challenge to whoever thinks they can seriously beat the tar out of me!!!
(not that I think I'm good, I just like issuing challenges in more creative ways than 'brawl/pm any1?', honestly that gets old...)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Uhh... They're actually both frame 2 :p
Alas, Falcon's is still times more reliable than Samus's, is what I'm trying to convey. Apologies for my lack of "accuracy."

You didn't have to go through all that trouble man, I really just **** around in Brawl... but thanks for the tips, valuable information.
I do it for love. I **** around in Brawl too, specifically online; but it's hard to tell because of how I seem to play, according to the people I've played. I don't consider myself skillful. Just really really observant and good at anticipating options. I don't even think I should be giving advice, with how I play. But you're very welcome.

PZ

Smash Lord
Does anyone wanna play brawl? I kinda still wanna play some brawl after my friend left and the snow warning has caused schools to close tomorrow in my location. So I kinda have no reason to wake up tomorrow at the same time I am bored.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play, PZ. I don't know how our connection was the last time we played, but I don't care. I want fite sexi Falkin.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Ben. I liked those Marth Dairs you got on me a few times. Kept me on my feet.

That last match was heated up. Mario sucks on Delfino. lol

Edit: Oh so thats what that was. At first I thought we were gonna do FFAs or something.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
I'm pretty tired and not quite feeling 100% today...
But forget that! Lets bawrl.
Sorry for the abrupt ending there, my mum cut it off because I exceeded my time limit of playing. :urg:

GGs tho!~ You are like, super-skilled lol. You had some excellent moments (Ganon's U-tilt on that platform tho!) and firm edgeguarding skills.:grin: ...It's nice to see a good Bowser and Kirby around here...

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Sorry for the abrupt ending there, my mum cut it off because I exceeded my time limit of playing. :urg:

GGs tho!~ You are like, super-skilled lol. You had some excellent moments (Ganon's U-tilt on that platform tho!) and a firm grip when I'm at the ledge.:grin:
THANKS FOR DAT COMPLIMENT, PAL!
Good games! I'm pretty sure that Ganondorf utilt on that platform tho was an accident... But let's pretend it wasn't! I noticed some pretty cool moments from you, too. That surprise Rest to kill my Zelda comes to mind.

I actually was getting warmed up towards the end... but then someone made us stop playing. Tell her Xadrin said to let you play as long as you want.

PZ

Smash Lord
I'll play, PZ. I don't know how our connection was the last time we played, but I don't care. I want fite sexi Falkin.
Good games! I am gonna try to work on my favorite characters(falcon, kirby, pikachu). Our connection was great but I still felt like I need constant face palming for all those mistakes as pikachu. I really wish I could tech like you do. I need to perfect my DI because I should still be able to live longer and escape combos/jabs sooner.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Holy ****ing **** ****. We've been playing for nearly four hours, my god. I was supposed to call m'lady tonight, but I don't know if she's still up at this point.

Those were the funnest games I've played in a very long time, haha. The Pika v. Samus matches were really ****ing intense. <3 You know your characters really well, and your Falcon looks to have improved since I last played it. Had a hard time keeping up against u-air. That DK was getting work done. I haven't gotten any DK experience like that since the last time I played PolarBear. Damn str8 m8.

I left for the reason I mentioned above, but it'd be great to play again some other time.

Teching online is no joke. I swear my heart skips a beat sometimes whenever I manage to do it. It looked like you actually had the hang of it too, but I don't usually go for stage spikes anyhow.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games Saimun. Wasn't really feeling the connection. Meh, I didn't try that much. Only when lag would calm down and I would try, then the game would freeze after three seconds or so. Nice characters by the way. Keep practicing. Thanks for the games.

Anyone else want to brawl me? I'm rusty so meh.

Edit: Undermined, I'm done waiting. Goodnight~

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
ggs nice mewtwo and do you play Pikachu or were you just trolling? lol
I don't "main" link but I play everybody. GG's though.

For your Pika your dash dancing was nice but you only used it when you were going for up smashes. You went for up smashes when you were down or when I just killed you. You did good cross ups but you could do up air after a SHFFL nair or a jolt. Don't be too predictable with your recovery, you pretty much only did: DJ Jolt -> QA to the middle of the stage. When I was playing M2 I was able to air spike you some of the times and then punish your landings other times (other times I just can't do stuff on wifi :l ).

For your Sheik the grab commons were nice but your edge guarding was lacking. Take a more aggressive approach and sit on the ledge and Bair them out (if they have a bad recovery so you can do this). You also Up Smash spammed with Sheik too, if you're going to go greedy then SHFFL fair or go for grabs so you can fair them offstage. You seemed unsure of what to do against pushdown (my CF). When you're in shield you can nair OoS, Bair OoS, grab, WD OoS, just try to get them off so you can get back to neutral. When you're in neutral wall characters out with Bair and needle, you can do other stuff too but that's a small breakdown.

Top Bottom