• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Cool, I'll host.

GG Amical. Your Lucario is still good. He has the safest FSmash in the game, it's annoying lol.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I was just lucky, and you happened to be where I thought you would be lol

Anyone else wanna brawl?

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
still here, lets go. I'll host
Hey ggs man, I had a lot a lot of fun! That wario fart that brought you back up right before that win had me on the floor. I wish I could do that in real life...lol. Thanks for the invite and see ya soon :D

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Anyone up for some matches?
PM might take me a while to set up if that's what you wanna play. I'm still trying to get my desync issues fixed.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs MetalBro and Gaborap, sorry gtg for now

Gunna pick up MK cuz everyone is doin it these days. Lol no but seriously, i'm pickin up MK for spacies

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Hey ggs man, I had a lot a lot of fun! That wario fart that brought you back up right before that win had me on the floor. I wish I could do that in real life...lol. Thanks for the invite and see ya soon :D
Yeah GG's indeed. I enjoy fighting your awesome Link! As the matches went on, I could tell you were picking up on some of my bad habits and you made a great defense in those earlier matches. You took out my Samus because I couldn't find a way to get in.

Btw I hope you were okay with me adding Couragehound to our 1v1's. I feel like you will learn against him.

And GG's to you Couragehound. Did you pick up MK lately or have you been keeping him a secret all along?

Edit: for spacies eh? must of been pure luck that i used Falco against you ha.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yeah GG's indeed. I enjoy fighting your awesome Link! As the matches went on, I could tell you were picking up on some of my bad habits and you made a great defense in those earlier matches. You took out my Samus because I couldn't find a way to get in.

Btw I hope you were okay with me adding Couragehound to our 1v1's. I feel like you will learn against him.

And GG's to you Couragehound. Did you pick up MK lately or have you been keeping him a secret all along?

Edit: for spacies eh? must of been pure luck that i used Falco against you ha.
Eh, i might pick MK up...or I might just inevitably drop him(competitively) like every other character I've tried to pick up and stick with just Yoshi and DDD

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Eh, i might pick MK up...or I might just inevitably drop him(competitively) like every other character I've tried to pick up and stick with just Yoshi and DDD
Pick up MK, and use him against spacies. That way, I won't have to worry about your Dedede when I'm using Wolf against you! :D

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
What about Fox and IC's?
Sorry for super late reply. Those two characters I DO feel confident in using, and enjoy using them often. Though push come to shove my performance is more consistant with my mains.

Also my problem with Fox is that I have have a hard time with controling his character at times. Just need more practice though. Slip ups usually cause me to run into hitboxes and I can't seem to win much vs heavies I have good MUs agaisnt(DK, Ike, Snake, DDD). I love fox though. Other than the fact that half the cast can use and abuse his weight/falling speed.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Cool to know. Thats like me with Ike, Mario, and Luigi. It's fun to use them but I just don't know how to use them to a high extent like my DK, Pit, and Marth. Fox is cool indeed.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Gah, sorry we couldn't play for very long. D: Good games though. ^^

Your Ike is definitely improving, caught me many times with stuff I was not expecting, awesome reads. Pit is becoming slightly more of a nuisance as well, lol. Have to go now, getting yelled at for staying up so late playing. ;P

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
lmao, I would never play a game just because it puts my opponent at a disadvantage. Truth be told though, I'm more comfortable with it than Brawl...
I'm certainly not, lol, but that's why I'm learning.
GGs man! Even if you were playing my most hated character in all of smash most of the time, it was fun playing you.

Edit: Oh, we've played before? Hmm. ...Aww, slightly? Pit's supposed to be my main. >.> *sigh* Oh well. They're both pretty pathetic anyway, since I'm as slow as a rock in PM.

Edit 2: Also, no worries on the whole leaving early thing. Real life takes priority over smash ya know. I'm also not sure how I've improved since I haven't really been playing Project M. >.<

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Pfff. Rusty...
I'm up for another beating if you want.
Beating? Look man, you have a good Ike and a good Marth. You give them too much room and you never read them. To be honest even top players aren't even good at reading players. I'm sure you've improved since then. I might use my Link this time.

You be the host sir.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGs GYK!
Hope I provided you with some challenge.

Note: I did NOT mean to taunt after that ledgehog. Lag spiked up and I don't even know how it came out. I saw the taunt bubble appear and I'm like "Oh god he's gonna think I'm a total ass."

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
GGs GYK!
Hope I provided you with some challenge.

Note: I did NOT mean to taunt after that ledgehog. Lag spiked up and I don't even know how it came out. I saw the taunt bubble appear and I'm like "Oh god he's gonna think I'm a total ***."
Good games indeed! Ha ha, nah I'm cool with that. You improved, but a lot of the stuff could've been avoided. Almost all my Link tricks and such where horrible. So I'd switch from character to character. I main Link and second Ike, I wanted to show my main up and stuff, but the lag was just too stupid. The fact that you shielded my jabs shows how lag-gy the animation of Link's Jabs are. I wanted to jab once and do some fancy combo strings and such... meh... I had no choice but to camp like a jerk. Ha ha! I only camp like that when I fight MKs and Snakes. They're fun as well to fight. People type and say Links bad, nah, they're just bad with him.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Good games indeed! Ha ha, nah I'm cool with that. You improved, but a lot of the stuff could've been avoided. Almost all my Link tricks and such where horrible. So I'd switch from character to character. I main Link and second Ike, I wanted to show my main up and stuff, but the lag was just too stupid. The fact that you shielded my jabs shows how lag-gy the animation of Link's Jabs are. I wanted to jab once and do some fancy combo strings and such... meh... I had no choice but to camp like a jerk. Ha ha! I only camp like that when I fight MKs and Snakes. They're fun as well to fight. People type and say Links bad, nah, they're just bad with him.
Link has actually always been one of the characters I hate fighting the most. Second to Falco, Sonic, and Peach. For whatever reason, I do not enjoy matches against these characters. Seems arbitrary, but it's true. I just get hit by whatever they throw out.
Wouldn't really say I've improved. Only reason I did any better is because we weren't doing constant Ike dittos, lol. If we were I'd have lost all the same.
And hey, whatever works. If I get camped by Link, the shame is on me.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Link has actually always been one of the characters I hate fighting the most. Second to Falco, Sonic, and Peach. For whatever reason, I do not enjoy matches against these characters. Seems arbitrary, but it's true. I just get hit by whatever they throw out.
Wouldn't really say I've improved. Only reason I did any better is because we weren't doing constant Ike dittos, lol. If we were I'd have lost all the same.
And hey, whatever works. If I get camped by Link, the shame is on me.
Ha ha! No trust me buddy I get fancy on players with Link. X) Just throwing it out there. Nah, most of it had to do with the connection... I was not very happy with the connection this time. Meh good games either way Madoche.

Ha ha Peach is easy to fight, just out space her and you'll win every time with Ike. Don't just jab like every other Ike (that ever gets anywhere with him). Buffer your Fairs and always keep going in with a Nair, and if you grab Peach and throw her offstage, she's done for. Just like how I fought this pretty good Peach named Dan something something.

All peaches fight the same, it's how they space their moves that separates them from the other Peach mains. Same for everyone else. Smart thinking plus aggression with spacing always gives you the wins. Camping and thinking doesn't get you anywhere. Why? You wont know exactly how to kill them, you'll just camp and the aggressive one will be in their face, so they can't even camp, and since they can't camp, they don't know offense, and if they can't play offense, then they're a sitting duck that will get combo video styled on.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha! No trust me buddy I get fancy on players with Link. X) Just throwing it out there. Nah, most of it had to do with the connection... I was not very happy with the connection this time. Meh good games either way Madoche.

Ha ha Peach is easy to fight, just out space her and you'll win every time with Ike. Don't just jab like every other Ike (that ever gets anywhere with him). Buffer your Fairs and always keep going in with a Nair, and if you grab Peach and throw her offstage, she's done for. Just like how I fought this pretty good Peach named Dan something something.

All peaches fight the same, it's how they space their moves that separates them from the other Peach mains. Same for everyone else. Smart thinking plus aggression with spacing always gives you the wins. Camping and thinking doesn't get you anywhere. Why? You wont know exactly how to kill them, you'll just camp and the aggressive one will be in their face, so they can't even camp, and since they can't camp, they don't know offense, and if they can't play offense, then they're a sitting duck that will get combo video styled on.
It's not so much the player as it is the character's playstyle in general.
And thanks for the advice, but most of it is due to skill gap. Not much I can do when the people are just flat out better.
I gotta go to bed now, but thanks for the matches!

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
It's not so much the player as it is the character's playstyle in general.
And thanks for the advice, but most of it is due to skill gap. Not much I can do when the people are just flat out better.
I gotta go to bed now, but thanks for the matches!
Believe me I use Link in a whole new different way. The fact that I actually beat my Falco friends that spam nothing but lasers and if they need to be all fancy and stuff. Links never win that match-up, but I do. Why? Because I actually Smash Di when Falcos chain grab my Link and think that chain grab to dair will end my stock. Nope, I'll do my tricks with Link and like preform my signature Link combo, Zair with Forward Smash with Bomb, to a Bomb slide of any directions and then continue to camp and so on.

You're good as well, you actually knew how to handle my Toon pressure? Or maybe that was WiFi? We'll try again later. Night Mad~

Last edited:
Top Bottom