• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

D

Deleted member

Mow what the last tournament you entered? Not a call out, just curious.
FC diamond? I know you've been to others and not entered?

:phone:
the last 2 tournaments i entered were teams events in VA, and I won both of them pretty easily. but idk teams is a different game.

i've been playing some of the locals here though like boss and DoH and they're pretty much better than anyone in PA now except cactuar. i've been something like 50/50 against them for the most part but i'm not totally back into it yet.

if you guys are feeling cocky, we can throw in some teams MMs as well. me and cactus vs any 2 other PA players? i'll be at apex, should be fun.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
the last 2 tournaments i entered were teams events in VA, and I won both of them pretty easily. but idk teams is a different game.

i've been playing some of the locals here though like boss and DoH and they're pretty much better than anyone in PA now except cactuar. i've been something like 50/50 against them for the most part but i'm not totally back into it yet.

if you guys are feeling cocky, we can throw in some teams MMs as well. me and cactus vs any 2 other PA players? i'll be at apex, should be fun.
U and Cactuar the thought alone is scary. I know how good u once were and have no doubt u would beat PA people I'm willing to side bet on ur matches. I'm working on getting Javi to come to Apex I want old philly people there...

_umbra_

Smash Champion
dobs, javi will probably be there, we've been talking about it. He lives like half an hour away now

prodigy might also show up, maybe a few other northeast pa players

TheLake

Smash Master
lol naka and I will take that bet mow.

10 dollar mm singles too?

In fact ill mm any one in this thread

except cactuar cause he is actually good lol

everyone else

I AINT SCURRED!

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I believe this same discussion happened 4 years ago, it is almost as if you guys are paraphrasing it.

The only thing you need is some people talking about how good some dude named Javier is, but how he never appears at tourneys or is active really.

Other than that its the same.

Power rankings are fun, if there is consideration for putting together some type of committee to discuss it I wouldn't mind being a part of it, since I really don't have a dog in the fight really. I'm no where near good enough to be ranked, and I am aware of all the noteworthy players from both regions for the most part. I have also been a member of the community for about 5 years, so that helps.

Just saying. Although, coming on hear and reading this thread is pretty fun, so I think you guys are doing a great job just making arbitrary lists, then talking hate on each other. It is really entertaining.

Renth

Smash Hero
lol naka and I will take that bet mow.

10 dollar mm singles too?

In fact ill mm any one in this thread

except cactuar cause he is actually good lol

everyone else

I AINT SCURRED!
Done.

I need to talk to you and jacob and anybody else. Might have a small fest with pittsburgh if they want to come up to my neck of the woods.

though I haven't played since pound 5 I need to prove to you punks I still got game

takieddine

Smash Master
Mow, sorry to **** on your parade, but you are hardly relevant to the PA Melee scene nowadays...you're inactive in PA its hard to judge. You're pretty good, but probably not as good as you think.

Also its always easier to be biased toward the people you play most frequently, as opposed to those you've played a while back for 2 matches. So if you guys want to do it right, you gotta collect data from multiple tournaments, and have a lot more people weighing in their opinions.

Cactuar I thought you quit...?

Also any form of PR IMO is stupid, if you're any good and understand the game, you pretty much already know where you stand..BUT I'm all for drama so let the fire BURRRNNNN

Nakamaru

Smash Master
The main bad thing about my playing is that i do stupid **** and it's easy to adapt to.

Just imagine how well i'd place if i didn't play like a moron :D
And i'd place a lot better too if i didn't SD all the time. : / That is part of what defines a player's skill. If you do stupid **** vs someone who doesn't do stupid ****, then the other person is better.

No johns

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
Mow, sorry to **** on your parade, but you are hardly relevant to the PA Melee scene nowadays...you're inactive in PA its hard to judge. You're pretty good, but probably not as good as you think.

Also its always easier to be biased toward the people you play most frequently, as opposed to those you've played a while back for 2 matches. So if you guys want to do it right, you gotta collect data from multiple tournaments, and have a lot more people weighing in their opinions.

Cactuar I thought you quit...?

Also any form of PR IMO is stupid, if you're any good and understand the game, you pretty much already know where you stand..BUT I'm all for drama so let the fire BURRRNNNN
this sums up everything

Ambix

Smash Ace
And i'd place a lot better too if i didn't SD all the time. : / That is part of what defines a player's skill. If you do stupid **** vs someone who doesn't do stupid ****, then the other person is better.

No johns
I sand bagged against chillin because i was under the impression taki had to leave early and i figured we'd all get knocked out soon.

Not that it really mattered........Chillin is legitimately better than me and he probably would beat me most matches. I'd probably win 1 game in 4 if we played for a while....after which i'd probably win 1 game in 5 or 6 after he adapted to me.

I'm sort of blind sided by how low everyone's opinion is of me ;_;

ambix haet power rankings.

EDIT:

umbreon, swag and i will take both of those money matches :D

I'll put us both up for singles and doubles.

D

Deleted member

I actually don't live in PA anymore, and haven't for a while. I've been pretty active for going to fests and playing people for the past few weeks in the MD/VA region though. Anyway I understand where you're coming from.

I'll moneymatch anyone in PA except naka. Sorry chris, I think your style is hella annoying and I hate fighting it. Win or lose, the frustration isn't worth it.

vudu your set vs hax was sick. make sure you bring the sickness to apex, i'll definitely watch more of your matches.

edit: swift are you going to apex? I haven't had any real matches with you since that thing i hosted at my college in 2007. i don't count rom1 even though i think 4 way FFAs with only fox are legit lol

edit2: just to clarify I don't think most of the PA players are bad anymore. I'm not trying to hate on you guys. I just think that overall as a group we're still pretty irrelevant as far as a real tournament scene goes. if you guys want a power rankings so you can feel good about yourselves feel free i guess.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Does... anyone want to mm me?

It'll be fun for you I swear!

It probably won't be that fun for you...
I'll MM you cactuar if only just to play you.

Mow, why do you hate my style so much? I really can't figure out what i do that makes it so awful for you.

If we are really doing power rankings can we keep the fighting and calling out to a minimum? There is enough bad blood between Philly and Pittsburgh already. It would be cool if we could have PA actually be PA. Rather than Pittsburgh vs Philly all the time. I'd like to sit down with cactuar and just have him tear me to pieces and give me some advice on how to get better.

Anyway whatever you guys decide on for a rank is fine with me. I am trying hard to get better at this game, and hopefully i'll be able to give cactuar a run for his money someday. I think rankings are kinda pointless if anyone takes them personally or to seriously.

D

Deleted member

Mow, why do you hate my style so much? I really can't figure out what i do that makes it so awful for you.
I think it's because I have to try all the time. I can't ever "get lazy" if that makes sense and still expect to win. You keep me honest, which is a good thing but not something I enjoy outside of a bracket. Take it as a compliment.

M@v

Subarashii!
Updated the title to remind people of hope, and to register for APEX.

Also, whenever a PA tournament is being hosted, let me know. I'll make sure to advertise it in the OP!

donny!

Smash Cadet
Hey question for hope, can i just show up and pay the fee to get in and stuff then play? or do you have to register online? and if you do, how do you do register?

Top Bottom