• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I think the top 5 should be:
1. Kingtoon
2-4. Me or Chibo or Vex(if hes active)
5. Mav

If theres 10 active players we should have a top 10 tho IMO.

And Chibo should stay on the PR but I don't think the panel should have OoS.

M@v

Subarashii!
Honestly I encourage keitaro to be on it; he's always done a good job. When it comes to 5 or 10 spots, lets simply make that the first topic of the panelist meeting. We'll discuss it then vote on 5spots or 10 spots.

I say the first meeting is monday or tuesday; asformentioned I'm heading out of town today to visit penn state for the weekend and won't be back until Sunday night.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys, me and Metal Pat are planning on throwing a tourney in early August, due to poor timing regarding the venue the only weekend we can use would be the weekend of August 13th. We're willing to run it on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Obviously KTAR is on that Saturday, but I don't know what you guys are planning on doing regarding that tournament. Get back to me when you can please so I can set it up.

Thanks

Edit: Oh yeah, by the way it's in Binghamton.

M@v

Subarashii!
I was thinking about it the other day, and I feel we should do 10 people for the rankings. Tbh we have enough legit people for at least 8(after the top 5 already listed several times, add ebo nasty and col). We should do 10 for a few reasons:

1. We've always done 10
2. As kingtoon said, if people see themselves on rankings, it'll hopefully encourage more activity.
3. These rankings are for US. Its for PA to look at itself and see how it performed in a season. Yes other states see it, but its main purpose is for those in state. I was looking at the power rankings directory, and almost every single state/area in there had 10 people, and tbh I didn't even know some of these states are active smash areas.
4. If this debate is simply over us "looking bad", who the **** cares? I don't. I know we aren't at the same level as our neighboring states to the east, but why are people taking that into effect? Oh no, we might get ridiculed by people for having some un-heard of guys on our rankings. Such a big deal amirite?

/rant

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not just over looking bad imo, it's because players would be getting power ranked in a state just by attending 3 tournies or possibly getting one win. Call me old timey, but back in my day being power ranked used to be something that took a good amount of work to do, and was a real accomplishment. We've done PR's before in PA where we've had like 2 fillers at the bottom who happened to be some randoms in the area, and it just looked sloppy. On the other hand look at like the amount of skill required just to break onto NJNY PR, or the old Melee PA PR.

Mav you even said it yourself, you say we have 8 legit people. That's not even 10 lol. What are Col's results like? Does Nasty have anyone good really outside of Guard?

It's not that I would be upset or anything if it's 10 lol, but that's my take on it.

M@v

Subarashii!
All I'd have to do is look back through the brackets and find col's results. At work atm so I'll do that later. Thing that stinks is I know a couple people that could of easily been used for the 5-10 spots, but they only made 2 tourneys T_T

ex. TKCK beat luckay and Tiger, but only made 2 tourneys(COT5 and /Hope3)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Activity is not based on a strict need 3 tourneys, it's determined by the panel as said in the OP. that way we can potentially rank ppl with 2 tournies. In this case I would say yes to tkck, as he's probably done more with those 2 wins than some people with 3 tournies have.

at least for those 2 tourneys he has both pools and bracket results for both of them, giving him more results anyway than most people with 3, or even 4 tournies would have.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Call me old timey, but back in my day being power ranked used to be something that took a good amount of work to do, and was a real accomplishment.
If you're talking about brawl, it was never like that -_- It's always been whoever makes activity requirements and steps outside their county once per season gets instant top 10. I beat you and rogue at one tournament and got auto-ranked for the next year lmfao

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
suchig deal about rankings. i was raked 9th b4 in this state with no good wins jus because i went to 3 tournies. we gotta get wat we can take.

and the reason its hard tog et on the NJ/NY PR is becasue they actually have good people.

jus do 10 people for PR. and i vote for DF. the guy beat Will

M@v

Subarashii!
Tbh if we are going to bend the rules with 3 tourneys, lets not go under 2. I know we can get 10 with that.

DF damn well be an HM in that case though.

(no order)
kt
chibo
xzax
Vex
me
nasty
ebo
tkck
col
-1 other guy with 2 tourneys that's either active or has very good results off two tourneys)

HMS:
Dark Falco
Berserker
MIB

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Everyone:

I'm planning on getting a passport card very soon (I might go to my post office tomorrow to look into it) so I can travel out of the country. Once I get it, I'm going to look into going to a tournament in Canada soon. You can normally get round trip bus fare with Megabus from $1 to $35 if you plan accordingly and travel on the right dates.

I would def be down for going to Canada round trip for $35 or less, and some people should come with me. Vex? Xzax? Kingtoon? Ebo? Anyone down for this?

A passport card is like a mini card-form passport that you can use for ground and sea travel to Canada and Mexico, so while you can't fly out of the country with it, it would be fine for traveling to Canada by driving. It's cheaper than a full passport.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Hey i have off today (tuesday, 7/12) so hopefully i'll be able to post my wins/losses in the morning or something. I believe we should do a top 10. Mav's list looks good and i think Vex should be added as well.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
i can't think of anyone who would care less about rankings than colaya ^_^

also getting pav to play for the first time in about a year tomorrow! he's still gonna whoop my *** -_-

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
My "Achievements"
I got 1st/11 at a local tourney in early February, although admittedly my area is not good and no PR'd players were present.
Although I wasnt too active offline during the winter season, I made top 32 on the AIB winter ladder, and finished as the highest ranked Falco player on wifi. http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=60348
I beat Will at KTAR.

Imo PA Rankings should be:
1. KT
2. Xzax
3. Chibo
4. Vex (due to inactivity)
5. Mav
6-10 DEBATABLE

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
When I talked to Vex at KTAR, he said he had been inactive in singles and had only even been bothering to play doubles, but obv. alot could have changed since then.

M@v

Subarashii!
@Dark Falco:

Vex had his third tourney this weekend. Wifi means absolutely nothing. But the Will win does.

Also, could you give us more details on this second tourney you went to? Entrance fee mainly.

PS Whoops. Edited one of the chibos out for Vex.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
@ Mav I know wifi doesnt count for anything. I only listed it to show that while I was unable to go offline much, I was still active where I could be.
The tourney I attended was $10 to enter. I guess I can also add the other players I beat in tourney this season if it helps.
Beat Nik
Beat Chuy
Beat Tollhouse
Beat Pat
Beat Skyler
Beat Joseph
Beat Kakattekoi
Beat Rave925 (GFs best of 5)
Beat Heero
Beat Fatty
Beat Will

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Posting my results:

Pound V
Pools Round 1
Nasty :lucas: lost to MVD :snake: (1-2)
Nasty :dedede:/:metaknight: lost to Mekos :lucas: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas: defeated Snack Attack :wario: (2-0)
Nasty :lucas: defeated Tech Chase :falco: (2-0)
3rd Seed

Pools Round 2
Nasty :lucas: lost to Anti :metaknight: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas: lost to iLove :dedede: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas: lost to Luckay :pit: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas: lost to Trela :lucario: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas: lost to Slikvik :wario: (0-2)
Last Seed :(

KTAR 5
Singles Bracket
Nasty :wario: defeated Arban :diddy: (2-0)
Nasty :lucas: lost to M2K :metaknight: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas:/:metaknight: defeated Raptor :yoshi2: (2-1)
Nasty :wario:/:lucas: lost to Dill :rob: (0-2)
Placed: 49th/116

CoT 5
Pools
Nasty :lucas: lost to Nairo :metaknight: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas: lost to Cheese :popo: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas:/:metaknight: defeated Snack Attack :wario: (2-0)
Nasty :lucas: defeated The Mad Hatter :metaknight:/:pit: (2-0)
Nasty :lucas: defeated Guard :fox:/:marth: (2-0)
3rd Seed

Singles Bracket
Nasty :lucas: lost to Shugo :falco: (0-2)
Nasty :lucas:/:wario: lost to Bloodcross :falco:/:snake: (1-2)
Placed: 33/92

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pound 5

Defeated Pwii :metaknight:
Defeated Meno :peach:
Defeated Iliad :marth:
Defeated Hot$ :metaknight:
Defeated Boss :luigi2:
Defeated King~ :pikachu2:
Defeated D-Torr :zerosuitsamus:
Lost to KirinBlaze :link2:
Lost to Seibrik :metaknight:
Lost to Trela :lucario:
Lost to Chu Dat :kirby2:

Smash Hit

Defeated dmbrandon :metaknight:
Lost to Ally :rob::metaknight:
Defeated Phoenix Lord :random:
Lost to Shadow :metaknight:

Mass Madness Legends

Defeated Majority :kirby2:
Lost to Bloodcross :metaknight:
Defeated C.Awesome :snake:
Defeated Sails :diddy:
Defeated vVv Cheese :metaknight:
Lost to Bizkit :snake:

KTAR 5

Defeated Thunderstorm :luigi2:
Lost to Pelca :falco::snake:
Defeated Hyper Energy :lucario:
Defeated Ikon :dedede:
Defeated Seagull Man :wolf:
Defeated Delta Cod :yoshi2:
Lost to Lie :diddy:

CoT 5

Defeated ****7 :random:
Defeated Dark Peach :peach:
Defeated Pane :wolf:
Lost to Junebug :lucario:
Defeated Noid :samus2:
Lost to Vinnie :metaknight::dedede:
Lost to Pink Fresh :wario:

Axs 2

Defeated TommyGreenshirt :sonic:
Lost to Dr. Grandpa :dk2:
Defeated Vibe :olimar:
Lost to PikaPika :pikachu2:

I almost feel like I have another tournament but I can't remember what it is. Either way that might be it.

My Best Wins (in no specific order)

Pwii
Seagull Man
Noid
Delta Cod
Cheese
dmbrandon
Boss
D-Torr

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I knew it was you, I just forgot the character

I hear thunderstorm and think Pikachu but knew it wasn't that lol

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Well I am thinking about picking up pikachu. I just want a decent secondary at this point.....

And having no one to practice with doesn't help that either........

Top Bottom