• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

M@v

Subarashii!
No, but they used to. Last rankings they counted were Summer 2010, and it also had to be a $5 minimum.

If mms counted I'd have luckay and SSR too lol.

They stopped counting because there was too much bickering over how much mms should be worth compared to bracket wins.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
lol yeah it was a $5MM. I got the CG tech chase and he was at 90%, (i was at 20%) and his character just stopped moving. Then he said he had a dubs match to practice for, unplugged his controller and left. Im not saying I was gonna win, but M2K took that chance away from me...:mad:

M@v

Subarashii!
Thats sounds like m2k alright lol. Reminds me of Rain vs chibo....that set gave the panel headaches for a week.

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mav, I can probably make a trip out your way every so often, its only like 40 minutes for me or so. ed to get unrusted and find a solution for falco (any maybe pit) anyway.

M@v

Subarashii!
@ Dark Falco, but basically a TL:DR about 5 or 10 people. I'm still hesitant about rankings inactives because we've never done it, but I'm only 1 of 5 on a panel to decide that so we'll see.

If I had to take a quick stab at it: Top 4 is tricky so I'd want to discuss with everyone before making a final decision:

1.KT
2.Chibo
3.Xzax
4.Vex
5.Mav

HMS: Dark Falco, Nasty, TKCK

If we do 10 and rank inactives with 2 tourneys

1.KT
2.Chibo
3.Xzax
4.Vex
5.Mav
6.Dark Falco
7-8.Nasty(want to discuss; very close with tkck)
7-8.TKCK(want to discuss; very close with nasty)
9.Ebo(don't know his W/L; subject to change)
10.Col

Hms: I have no idea.

M@v

Subarashii!
its TKCK*

Theme will be addressed tomorrow. I'll get the AIB post done tomorrow.

Rankings finally done, yayyyyyyy.....*goes to sleep*

M@v

Subarashii!
there were more people active than 7, but we felt to make the rankings you actually had do something besides be active >_>.

We'll probably be even less active next season, because chibo's NJ now, I'll be in school so I'm not sure if I'm making 3 tourneys, and I don't really know of many tourneys around here in the fall lmao.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
My next tournament is probably Apex2012, and that may be it, I also plan on going back to Hawaii in March for Kawaii Kon, huge anime convention with game tournaments such as smash, MK9, etc...

M@v

Subarashii!
How is Hawaii anyway? Definitely worth the time and effort to go? Its one of the places I want to see eventually.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
How is Hawaii anyway? Definitely worth the time and effort to go? Its one of the places I want to see eventually.
I don't care about the scenery, the people here are fking awesome, that's the reason I stayed, and that's the reason I'm going back next year.

/It is beautiful though

M@v

Subarashii!
Ah nice.

My next tourneys are probably:

-viva espana! (OH tourney this saturday)
-Xanadu
-/HOPE4 (Not announced yet, but I'm planning it for December)
-APEX 2012

Also, We need to get the theme locked down. The two main suggestions we had yesterday were Valve and Transformers. Any more ideas would be appreciated!

EDIT: My usual fancy colored movement numbers compared to last season

1. VGBC Kingtoon :toonlink: :kirby2: :dedede:==

2. Vex Kasrani :gw: :metaknight: :popo: :dedede: :bowser2:+1

3. VGBC Xzax :falco: :metaknight:Returning!

4. vVv ChiboSempai :rob:-2

5. M@V :fox: :metaknight: :falco:+4

6. Ebo :marth: :snake: :dedede:==

7. Nasty :lucas: :wario: Returning!

Honorable Mentions:
Dark Falco :falco:
TKCK :metaknight:
MIB :wario:
.com :olimar:
Squall :snake:

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
idc wat the theme is but i get 1st pik on a char since im 1st

rules are rules baby

o lets do a toonami theme. any character from a toonami show would be kinda hot

M@v

Subarashii!
Best toonami programming run they had was the hour of DBZ followed by gundam wing. So amazing. Still had other good shows though

-Reboot
-DBGT
-robotech
-Outlaw star
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Thundercats
-Transformers Armada

There were others, but these were the highlights.

Honorable mentions: Gotta check with chibo, but I'm pretty sure you guys get some sort of character/whatever theme we pick too.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
What were ebo's wins? Just curious. I'm fine with my placement, i just didn't know what he did this season.

And as for themes:
What about characters from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood... or maybe Death Note or something? I don't really watch anime but those are two of my favorites.

Or a Zelda theme?

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah it pretty much came down to dazwa vs guard.

Once we get this image done I'll take it and do an AiB post. Don't forget to update the OP with the pic as well.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm fine with that theme as well. I'll tell force chibo to make the pic . Post up who you want to be!

Nice thing about this theme is we got a ton of things to choose from.

I'm calling Kenshin.

In speaking of Rurouni Kenshin, does anyone know where I can find the anime? I never got to finish it after toonami stopped showing it, and really want to watch the rest.

M@v

Subarashii!
^ Is it from a legal site? I gotta be careful with that kind of stuff because I work in the computer/internet industry. If so, yeah. Prefer English dub. If not, no worries. I'll find it.

Also, if we're doing a toonami theme, someone has to be tom

Or Tom 2

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Well considering the only thing i really watched on Toonami was DBZ then i'm gonna end up picking one of those characters. Most likely Hercule. lolz.

If i can't pick a DBZ character bc you guys did that theme 2 ranking periods ago, it'll suck, but then i'll just choose TOM's third incarnation. (the robot host of Toonami).

EDIT: Just saw mav's post about TOM. LOOOLLLLL... third incarnation is better!

~Nasty~

Smash Lord

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
go here: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/rurouni-kenshin-english-dubbed-online-free

animefreak.tv is a great source to watch any anime either dubbed or subbed. Only problem is that it only lets u watch so many hours before you reach a limit and have to wait.
What. Are you sure it's not just the mirror they're using? Because I've watched whole series in a weekend on that site (it's my main anime site right now, as a matter of fact). Megavideo does that to you, I think like 72 minutes or something before it stops you. Just so happens some of the anime mirrors are from Megavideo.

If you do go to the site, I'd recommend any mirror with 4shared video. Loads ridiculously fast, decent quality, and no limit.

Top Bottom