• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

And_Man

Smash Cadet
Looking for some people to play Brawl with

Location: Pittsburgh/Allegheny County (Gonna be in Columbia County during August)
Cell: 570-394-2077
Main: Olimar

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
When will rankings be discussed? I still need to gather all my wins/losses but i've just been so busy with real life stuff. I just wanna make sure i get them up here and posted before yiou guys discuss rankings.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ebos had three since "last season" when only me and him were active
we coulda done vex with 2 but 3 helps

but now we are actually gonna do this? top 5?
what worries me about that is that the only ppl who would make it in the top 5 are those who would be the panelists, which could turn into a messy panel meeting. perhaps we should outsource our rankings? lol. maybe use like 2 PA and 3 OoS people?

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm probably going back up to penn state this weekend to visit friends, so it would be better for me if we did the meeting monday.

I thought Vex already had 3 tourneys?

I know we got at least 7 active. A couple more than that if you count pittsburgh players.
Yes pittsburgh actually travelled this season. Colaya and crews both made 3 tourneys. Colaya's were the same as mine, and crews was siis5,cot5,and /hope3

EDIT: Alright final list:

Tourneys:
KTAR5
Smash Nation 2
COT5
/HOPE3

Wins: (characters are ones I used to win)
Bionic Sonic:fox:
Floun-Dan:fox:
Atlantic Lizard RSG:fox:
Argent :fox::metaknight:
Blue Rogue:fox::falco:
Phoenix Lord:metaknight:
Greek Falcon(Forfeit)
Supreme Dirt:fox:
Dank:metaknight:
Clai:metaknight:
Umbra:metaknight:
Andman(once with :falco:)(another time with :fox:)
Kazi:metaknight:
Space Thing:fox::metaknight:
Hungrybox:metaknight:

Character count(# of sets they helped win):
:fox:=8
:metaknight:=8
:falco:=2

Losses: (Characters are ones I lost to)
Pwii:metaknight:
Will:dk2:
Blue Rogue :popo::wario:
Nuke:diddy:
Pink Fresh:lucas:
Tin Man:olimar:
Vex:metaknight:
Sails:diddy:
Argent:lucario::pikachu2:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
ebos had three since "last season" when only me and him were active
we coulda done vex with 2 but 3 helps

but now we are actually gonna do this? top 5?
what worries me about that is that the only ppl who would make it in the top 5 are those who would be the panelists, which could turn into a messy panel meeting. perhaps we should outsource our rankings? lol. maybe use like 2 PA and 3 OoS people?
Remove you, add nasty and umbra, remove the other panelists, add 2 OoS, and 1 OoC.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
You also beat me with your Fox at Smash Nation 2, M@v
I usually dont put repeat wins and losses, but since I beat you the first time with a different character I guess I should, lol.

@ Vex. I like that idea. Who would you have in mind for OoS and OoC though? Although Nasty's active, so I'd say either have the standard panel now or a new panel with no eligible players on it.

If you want another West/Central PA person, maybe I could see if Melon would want to do it since Umbra doesn't? I can ask berserker and tkck, but I highly doubt either of them would want to.

Active players to my knowledge:

Me
Chibo
Xzax
KT
Vex after this weekend
ebo
nasty
col
crews

I know quite a few with 2 tourneys, but the requirement's still 3. If people would want to make an exception this season since so many people haven't made 3 tourneys, and make it two ,we could do a 10 person ranking. But I personally don't have a preference.

If we did two, people who would also be active would be:
TKCK
MIB?(Im pretty sure you've made 2, right?)

If that was the case ranking would probably be something like(no order here):

Chibo
Xzax
KT
Vex
Mav
ebo
nasty
col
TKCK
MIB

Thoughts?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Why don't we just rank all the active players? And mav, i would like to know who blue rogue went when you beat him. You should post the characters of the people you beat so we know how "legit" a win is. Unless of course we are going with the "he went random bc he thought he could win with random" logic.

M@v

Subarashii!
He went wario the 3 games I beat him, and icies the game I lost. He cpd me game 3 with icies, and I got stuck Falco vs icies.

Set went 3-1 my favor.(was winners finals)

Beat him with fox game 1 and 4, and beat him with falco game 2.

When he beat me he went mostly icies. Kept getting stuck fighting Falco vs icies since he would go icies every time he cp'd me.
Really couldnt go mk because his wario>mavknight :p

Oh and I might as well too since your asking about it:

Bionic Sonic:metaknight:
Floun-Dan:snake:
Atlantic Lizard RSG:metaknight:
Argent:lucario::pt:
Blue Rogue:wario::popo:
Phoenix Lord:pikachu2:
Greek Falcon(Forfeit)
Supreme Dirt:dedede::pt:
Dank:lucario:
Clai:ganondorf:
Umbra:metaknight:
Andman:olimar:
Kazi:falco::metaknight:
Space Thing:lucario:
Hungrybox:dedede::jigglypuff:

Theres every character I went up against in those sets. Added it on my previous post, but forgot to put that argent went pika on me on the latest set I played him and lost.

-If we ranked every active player it would be like 7 or 8 people total I believe.

edit reason: forgot supreme dirt went PT on me game 2

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Im in an area where its basically impossible for me to be active, even if I made cot5 I still would only have 2 tournies this season. You guys should really start hosting monthly tournaments in PA. You wonder why you cant come up with 10 "active" people by your standards. And also adding OOS or OOR people to the PA PR basically ****s on people like me that would like to be ranked but doesnt travel OOR. I really want people to respect our state, and a PR with OOR players will make us look like we have no one else.
~Dark Falco

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
dark falco its not our duty to host tournies so yall can get active. even tho i would like to start.

we should jus do a PR of whoever active and thats it. if there is only 9 jus put whoever else got the better wins.

and keep the panel the way it already is. all this outside help is not even called for. Everyone's wins are so far apart in skill gap that it wont be hard to rank people this season. itll basically be self explanatory.

and this time on the rankings wins and LOSSES will be looked at. because who u lose to is a big part of ur skill and if ur consistent or not.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't like the idea of ranking everyone who is just active. It makes our state a complete joke, literally attend tourneys and your ranked as one of the states best? And everyone knows we don't have 10 really good players, so we might as well just do 5.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion

PA already a joke if u didnt kno. so nobody cares. but well be more of a joke if we jus got a top 5. u were gonna let vex slide wit 2 tournies, and we got about 9 people who were active so jus add the person wit the best wins besides the top 9.

prolli be dark falco tho since he beat Will. and i wouldnt even have a problem wit that

EDIT: most states top 10 are bad besides like the really good ones.

EDIT again: lol y am even tlkn to u. u not PA no more so if anyhting u would be the OoS person on the panel.
if u dont think so look at ur location.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Vex only has 2 tournies, but both events has pools and he made it far in both so he has more results than the common scrub with 4 tournies. He has plenty of wins to make him rankable.

PA won't be even more of a joke with a top 5, it's honestly worst to see -insert no name here- on the PR that no one's ever heard of. Other states out there have top 5s

M@v

Subarashii!
Eh, I'm fine either way we do it. There are top 5s out there, but at the same time even if we did a top 10, it'd still be better than a lot of places.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
if it was that bad u woulda said this last season.

so basically u want it to be

chibo
kt
xzax
m@v
vex

ikno somebody else in this state been to 3 tournies.

M@v

Subarashii!
if it was that bad u woulda said this last season.

so basically u want it to be

chibo
kt
xzax
m@v
vex

ikno somebody else in this state been to 3 tournies.
I've said it earlier as well, but 2 other pittsburgh players besides me made 3 tournies as well.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
actually a top 10 would be good. maybe if people see they name on it itll give em an incentive to do better and go to more stuff so they can go up on the list

Dotcom

Smash Lord
My relevant wins
Blue Rogue:wario::popo:
Hungrybox:dedede::jigglypuff:

nuff said'
Im in an area where its basically impossible for me to be active, even if I made cot5 I still would only have 2 tournies this season. You guys should really start hosting monthly tournaments in PA. You wonder why you cant come up with 10 "active" people by your standards. And also adding OOS or OOR people to the PA PR basically ****s on people like me that would like to be ranked but doesnt travel OOR. I really want people to respect our state, and a PR with OOR players will make us look like we have no one else.
~Dark Falco
My man it's the respnsibility of the player to hoist himself to tournies if he actually cares about being ranked. Age johns, car johns, ride johns, john johns aern't valid because there's like 4 people that live in the state these days.

PA already a joke if u didnt kno.
I really hope that he knew prior to this post.
so nobody cares. but well be more of a joke if we jus got a top 5.

u were gonna let vex slide wit 2 tournies
But wouldn't do that for me back at Apex when I had more valid wins then like #7 on that list. Huh. Interesting I may say.
and we got about 9 people who were active so jus add the person wit the best wins besides the top 9.

prolli be dark falco tho since he beat Will. and i wouldnt even have a problem wit that
Terrence REALTALK Kershaw

EDIT again: lol y am even tlkn to u. u not PA no more so if anyhting u would be the OoS person on the panel.
if u dont think so look at ur location.

He's gonna argue that he's still considered state by some technical loophope, and no one will dare arguem him(or win when they try) because he's "ChiboSempai."

M@v

Subarashii!
My man it's the respnsibility of the player to hoist himself to tournies if he actually cares about being ranked. Age johns, car johns, ride johns, john johns aern't valid because there's like 4 people that live in the state these days.

LOL .com <3

no homo

Honestly I feel umbra and argent are relevant too. Not as relevant as blue, but at least as much as hungrybox.

Also I was under the impression Vex was going to a tourney this weekend, and that's how he's getting 3 tourneys. If he's not going to have 3 by the time we do ranking talk, he shouldn't be considered. Rules are rules.

Chibo lived in PA this season; I have no problem with him being on the PA rankings/panel this time. I do feel though this should be the last PA rankings he is on due to him moving to new jersey.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
hungrybox shouldnt be a viable win since he plays melee and is only known for melee.

umbra and argent are ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

and if we dont chibo on the rankings after this then ebo shoulda never been on since he lives in NJ but he only plays in PA and travels wit us. but i aint havin my boy Bo get kicked off the PR

M@v

Subarashii!
hungrybox shouldnt be a viable win since he plays melee and is only known for melee.

umbra and argent are ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

and if we dont chibo on the rankings after this then ebo shoulda never been on since he lives in NJ but he only plays in PA and travels wit us. but i aint havin my boy Bo get kicked off the PR
He actually does play brawl KT. He's nowhere near as good as it as he is in melee, but I practiced with the guy for 5 months while in florida and went to 3-4 brawl tourneys with him. DDD's his best character by far, and jiggs/wario are his secondaries(at least I think he still plays wario)

He beat blue rogue in seeding pools at hope3 as well. They were seeding pools with no one getting eliminated, but for a "melee-only" player, its still something to note.

As for argent, I'll be shocked if he's not Pr'd in ohio this season. But we usually base someone's skill of their current ranking, so yeah.

I don't really feel like arguing wins right now. We're getting off-topic; we need to figure out if we are doing 5 or 10 people.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
whaaat is with the .com hate

look at the rules, we removed the 3 tourney requirement like 2 or 3 seasons ago. it's up to the panel to determine if someone is rankable or not. if it was different back at apex with you .com then uh... sorry?

as for me being ranked, im obv being ranked this season. i only moved home a week ago, meaning I've lived in PA for 19 of the 20 weeks this season lol. for the future, it's w/e. but know that ebo has been ranked here the entire time despite living in NJ, in the past I lived in south jersey for like 6 months 2 years ago and was still PA ranked, and PA is still by far the closest smash scene to me. north nj = 3 hours, pa = 1 hour. w/e though i rly dont care THAT much after this season.

i also like how ppl seem to be against ranking vex with 2 tournies (even if he has 3 after this weekend), but want a top 10 even though we don't have 10 players that have been to 3 tournies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Chibo....we installed the 3 tourney minimum ranking for the summer '10 rankings, and its been that way ever since. That was my first season as a panelist, and its been a minimum of 3 tourneys since then. BEFORE that season was what you said. I remember because we had a big discussion about .com

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
chibo u gonna stay on the rankings stop gettin over emotional.

we gonna try to rank 10 people.

5 people is already bad for a bad state

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This is what I was meaning with the hate

He's gonna argue that he's still considered state by some technical loophope, and no one will dare arguem him(or win when they try) because he's "ChiboSempai."

Top Bottom