• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The utilities are included in that, so it's not so bad, but that's why my sister being awesome with people in the town. An apartment across the street from where I live is being rented for 1,050 without utilities included and it's the same thing.

M@v

Subarashii!
right now I'm in a fraternity house. My parents cover the rent and I cover the brother's dues, so I cover about a 3rd of the overall costs. Once I get a higher paying internship I hopefully can assume more of that responsibility.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's a lot more than I would think for a 1 BR apt, mine is $750 + utilities. The one I had back in CoT4 days was $825.
WUT.

I hope you shopped around...... mine is $700 + util, and it has 1BR, two bathrooms, living room, kitchen, an office, huge storage room, another storage closet, and private access to the backyard. On two stories.

Just sayin, you might be gettin charged too much unless you live in the dead of downtown. ;; Philly apartments aren't too expensive if you look around real good.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
WUT.

I hope you shopped around...... mine is $700 + util, and it has 1BR, two bathrooms, living room, kitchen, an office, huge storage room, another storage closet, and private access to the backyard. On two stories.

Just sayin, you might be gettin charged too much unless you live in the dead of downtown. ;; Philly apartments aren't too expensive if you look around real good.
university city is a lot more expensive. if i moved like 2 miles away i could get it for a lot cheaper

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Dunno about the other PA crews, but UFB hasn't practiced much in a while..... we played the other day, but we definitely don't Brawl like we used to.

Game got extremely boring.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm more than interested in some PA tournies if any come up. October 9th or October 23rd sound nice. The 9th is 2 weeks before MLG so no johns. The 23rd is the week after MLG.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll see about hosting the Final DSO on October 23rd, sounds like a great date. I can also hold a standard DSO on the 9th as well. Sounds tasty.

Keitaro

Just in case look out in the tourney listings thread to see if there's anything going on for those dates. I'm sure I'd attend your event over whatever else but its always safe to make sure a KOTC isn't that date or something.

I mistakenly set the date for KTAR 3 on a KOTC date but it was decided to cancel the Brawl part of KOTC cause they would nearly no attendance with my tourney running on the same day.

M@v

Subarashii!
2 things:

1. Since we are all back at PSU, expect more GE people than just me to start showing up again.

2. I'm going to try to get a state college tourney(not a weekly, legit venue and stuff) happening either near the end of this semester or the beginning of the spring one. Stay tuned.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7ek7SWauEI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7ek7SWauEI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

_umbra_

Smash Champion
2 things:

1. Since we are all back at PSU, expect more GE people than just me to start showing up again.

2. I'm going to try to get a state college tourney(not a weekly, legit venue and stuff) happening either near the end of this semester or the beginning of the spring one. Stay tuned.
what, my apartment wasn't serious enough for you? ^_^

M@v

Subarashii!
mib...im pretty sure we dont HAVE a panel. lmao.

@ umbra. Im talking legit venue, $10 venue fee, etc. Something people will actually travel to.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
So they weren't open, but while I was down there I found 3 other hallsnone of which were open -_-) but I got all of their numbers, so things are looking up. Typically how much would you guys pay for a venue?

Keitaro

Most players would like to do a $5.00 venue fee but with scarecity of tournies around here nowadays I think players may be willing to pay a lil more. I do $7.00 bucks at my tournies cause people ***** about the double digits and the venue isn't a crazy amount. I'd pay $10.00 if I have to though.

Keitaro

The price of my venue goes up $100 every time I try to use it cause, as I believe, my friend is just trying to make money off me.

So for the first KTAR it cost me $200 to use it. I made about $190 with a $5.00 venue fee and free venue fee for full setups and 50 people were there.

KTAR 2 it cost me $300 in the end and I got about $400 to $450 back through venue fee with $7.00 venue fee and $3.00 off for a tv and $2.00 off for Wii. Had about 70 people there.

KTAR 3 is gonna cost me $400 most likely and I have a $7.00 venue fee with $2.00 off for tv and $1.00 off for Wiis. I should get at least 70 people at this one again allowing me to break even or slightly profit off this tourney.

Gl finding cheap places though. Many places I went to check had prices like $500 for a 5 hour use.

PSI costs HEERO I believe $200 but he usually gets more through venue but still gives it to the owners to be nice. I honestly don't think someone should host a tourney and not profit anything but its his choice.

I also have a choice of paying before or after the tourney but I always pay days before with my own money so I can get the payment over with.

Top Bottom