• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Dotcom

Smash Lord
nly thing i'm scared of is how much i'm going to have to charge because I don't know what to expect in terms of attendance. Don't think i'm that popular in the community, so I doubt people would come from like NY or MD...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The price of my venue goes up $100 every time I try to use it cause, as I believe, my friend is just trying to make money off me.

So for the first KTAR it cost me $200 to use it. I made about $190 with a $5.00 venue fee and free venue fee for full setups and 50 people were there.

KTAR 2 it cost me $300 in the end and I got about $400 to $450 back through venue fee with $7.00 venue fee and $3.00 off for a tv and $2.00 off for Wii. Had about 70 people there.

KTAR 3 is gonna cost me $400 most likely and I have a $7.00 venue fee with $2.00 off for tv and $1.00 off for Wiis. I should get at least 70 people at this one again allowing me to break even or slightly profit off this tourney.

Gl finding cheap places though. Many places I went to check had prices like $500 for a 5 hour use.

PSI costs HEERO I believe $200 but he usually gets more through venue but still gives it to the owners to be nice. I honestly don't think someone should host a tourney and not profit anything but its his choice.

I also have a choice of paying before or after the tourney but I always pay days before with my own money so I can get the payment over with.
Charge a $10 venue. Don't let yourself get screwed.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If you're talking to me Inui I'll be fine. For some reason I generate some crazy attendance at my events when I litterally don't advertise my tourney at all. Entire Tristate auto comes and now I have MD/VA and MA coming. Who knows what will happen in the next 30 days regarding attendance. My tounries generate about the same hype yours used to.

@ Dotcom: Just make sure the tounrey name isn't something wack lol. Only Inui can have wack names and pull off great attendance. I'll surely come to your event and hype it up too. But if you need to make it $10 venue then so be it. People will still come.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
omg everytime I see smh I just think "So much hype?" LOL everytime someone posts that xD

mib004

Smash Ace
yea really, cause it has to get done today or tomorrow. It already has been three tourney's into the new season that some pa people attended MlG, DNA Gaming, and Will's tourney and the same old rankings are still up lol cmon panelist lol.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex
Xzax
Mav
Inui
Keitaro
Kaylo
Nasty

However, you guys ***** the panel is to big, so before we get started, we need to figure out whos in it.

Discussion's can start today or tomorrow.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Mav's area is inactive and he barely plays any of the good players, so no @ him. I also don't trust his skill opinions.

Not sure about Kaylo, but whatever.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm fine with adding Mav, NEXT season, when his area finally gets active.

Kaylo has been a good panelist, I really don't care for crew rep tbh, so I don't see why Nasty should be added.

Without Nasty added, it would be; Vex, Xzax, Inui, Keitaro, Kaylo. (1KC) (2UFB) (2OoS)

mib004

Smash Ace
You're the most bias person in UFB.

lol omg lol, i only do that to be funny we all know who beat who and who is really better than who. Just because the people like the evan TUSM and "EBO lol see where that went lol" are quiet y'all just assume that they are not biased wow. When it come to serious stuff like rankings there will be no jokes/biased opinions that's just stupid.

lol no i said squall doesn't care for the game, he doesn't practice or plays it, he just attends tourneys. I was saying i want him to take it seriously so he can be ranked 1 or 2 like he is supposed to be cause he smart at the game. Vex what you said does not even make sense, i know i didn't say that cause he don't care for rankings.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
lol omg lol, i only do that to be funny we all know who beat who and who is really better than who. Just because the people like the evan TUSM and "EBO lol see where that went lol" are quiet y'all just assume that they are not biased wow. When it come to serious stuff like rankings there will be no jokes/biased opinions that's just stupid
Ya.... that's BS.

PA Player Locator

Smash Rookie
PA's Top 10!

1. Vex Kasrani :popo: :dedede: :pit: :gw:
2. Smurf :metaknight:
3. Xzax :falco: :metaknight:
4. ChiboSempai :rob: :metaknight:
5. Squall :snake:
6. Fury :metaknight:
7. TUSM :dedede:
8. Kingtoon :toonlink: :kirby2:
9. MIB :warioc:
10. .com :olimar:

Honorable Mentions:
Rogue Pit :pit: :falco:
Nasty :lucas: :metaknight: :snake:
Bnzaaa :popo:
M@v :falco: :metaknight:

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
nasty stop maining lucas and ull be ranked lol
lol my character choice shouldn't have anything to do if i get ranked or not. If i didn't get ranked this season bc you guys decided it's "Lucas" and that "A Lucas main doesn't belong being PR'd." Than that's obsurd.

If i'm not ranked bc previous non-PR'd ppl had better wins then i did, and they get ranked this season (pushing me off the list) then i'd be ok w/ that. However, I did better than EBO this season therefore i wouldn't necessarily be pushed off.

Top Bottom