• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
My wins:
Takeover
Kingtoon
Smash64
Praxis
ssr
Remix
Pimpinferno
Kid
Links24
Lie(mm)
Yes!(mm)
'Chibo'(mm)
Tusm(mm)

Losses
'Atomsk' x2
Ninjalink
Junebug
Fury
Orion x2
Nairo
'Smurf'(mm)
Squall(mm)
i beat u twice...at furyz ( u went falco) nd at squallz u went mk

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
except for mlgs, im quitting brawl for a couple of months. not sure if im going to be playing no smash or doing melee, prob some melee. i dont want to be on the panel for this rankings.

M@v

Subarashii!
:( Why? School? If thats it definitely understandable.

I wouldnt mind being on the panel. Since Umbra has been inactive; ive been the main GE person active in the scene this period. But I want to make sure we make it a fair panel too.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I'm going to put some sense into this thread...

Wins matter most in this order:

Tournament
Pools
MM

Every win you get counts, it doesn't matter if they "sandbagged" or not you shouldn't hold that against the winner of that match. Why would you penalize for example chibo if Brood sandbagged? Also ever thought that he really might not know the matchup? Anyway I'm just saying... if you have a win you have a win, don't try to put up excuses for the other player.

I lost to Speed in bracket @ Apex knowing I could've beat him if I had gone MK game 2 or even banned YI. But I didn't and I lost, you don't see me *****ing about it. Just grow up guys and accept losses/wins as they come. Then factor in consistency and you have yourselves a ranking. Geez...

k Jband outt~

Chibo don't quit >_>.... ur ROB is mad sexy!

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
CHIBO OMG stp please....U need to stp listening to these people and tell dem f off.. BROod is by far a better player then you but it doesnt take off ur win on him....Even my boy xzax didnt let it get to him when he was first in PA and people (esp ATOSMK) trashed him and trolled the hell outta him and he's only 9 (lol jk)....I'd hate to lose you for KC and hate to see this get be the reason you quit so0 easily..YOu don't see me quitting cuzz people tryna say my win on atomsk aint legit i don't give 2 craps he beat madd people wit random chraracterz and its his fault he sd'd not mine ( i still had to grab the ledge :) )

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I'm bored.

the best win hes got there is jerm, though tusms list does look nice

my MMs were minty smurf and rain, the rest our tourney

how come when i beat brood everyones on my case all of a sudden about pools not counting anywhere near as much n **** or like who cares it was pools. in the nj thread when listing their wins they put all their pools in with all of their other tourney wins with no distinguishment, and when we discussed pools at the end of last season, everyone always said how elimination pools at national tourneys are serious business. brood got 2nd at that tourney beating m2k and ally, my win over him in tourney is by far the best win in the state yet. im not trying to say im first, im just trying to quiet people who are downplaying my accomplishments. also idk why people keep saying omni is garbz. why is that, cause hes a mk that lost to a rob? he beat korn in losers at the same tourney. but yea since I beat him he prob sucks and its not a good win i suppose... and on the topic of rain not caring, who cares? i mean if this is the situation then im'a just forfeit every MM im bout to lose and say i dont care. i was a full stock ahead vs his mk (who i did more than fine against game 1) before he stopped the match and "stopped caring" and even offered to redo the entire 3rd match later. and obviously he had something to lose, the $5 - which is why we said MMs have to be at least $5 in the first place (since that's what we determined to be the limit to where people "care" or not). but w/e we can fully discuss it come rankings time but if its ruled against me then i might as well forfeit every match next season when im losing on the third game so I have no losses for the whole season.

lol no one is arguing my wins over prawn, dr g, gunblade, ed, and hinkage despite them being pools, only brood. because brood HAD to have been sandbagging if he lost to chibo

-_-
i agree

@ smurf. Atomsk went falco on you if I remember right. And his Falco is nowhere near as good as his other characters. But I guess thats his dumb fault.

@chibo. I find it funny your complaining about people "downplaying" your accomplishments(since people brought up pools not counting as much), because if I remember right you brought up discussion of mms not counting as much right after I beat you in an mm.
Just saying.

But, I totally agree with you on the issue though; pools should count as much, they are tournament matches. Dont even begin to try and tell me people sandbag in pools at nationals, unless they've locked up an advancement seed.

Also, Brood ***** ally, and beat m2k. No offense chibo your good, but nowhere near their level yet That's why everyone thinks he sandbagged.
That falco is one of the best falcos at this point and i guess beating anti with it isnt a good accomplishment and proves its not on par with any of his other characters, especially when none of his other characters minus iceys can beat anti. smh.

and to your last statement, you forget what the game being played is. brawl. the game is heavily based on matchups. ROb vs olimar seems even and who knows if brood plays ROBs in japan, an uncommon character over there. im sure brood has played lots of snakes and mk's cuz you know, they are broken and most people pick them up. chibo is also well versed in the olimar mu from what i can see. beating logic, playing dabuz a bit, etc. please dont post if the post will be garbage.

NJ also doesn't count MM's for PR, so if you wanna argue to be like NJ, then your wins on minty, smurf, and rain wouldn't count.

Lastly, even if he beat a "sandbagging" Brood, he still won. You can not prove that Brood was sandbagging. Even if he was, it shouldn't be brought up or even be an issue, a win is a win.
NJ has ALWAYS counted mm's for rankings. smh.

and i agree with sandbagging part.

Poolz count but not as much as tourney not even at a national level and not even 1st round of poolz at that.
I bet if i look through this entire thread, i wont find a stupider post than this one.

most ridiculous thing ever. this must be scrub mentality.

WHY WOULDNT PEOPLE TRY IN CREWS? EVERY WIN COUNTS FOR SEEDING. EVERY LITTLE POINT. IF ALLY WENT AND 2-0D EVERYONE IN 2ND ROUND OF POOLS WHILE M2K LOST SOME GAMES AND A SET BUT STILL GOT 1ST SEED, YOU THINK HED GET 1ST SEED AND BRACKET? HELL NO. THATD BE DUMB AND UNFAIR

SMH

smurf you just dont get it
word to big bird.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
smurf you just dont get it
No **** outta here you don't get it ******

When I was first I got trolled if I didn't do good at EVERY single tournament I attended but I didn't act like this. People act like **** sometimes and you gotta deal with it, its life. If a situation like this happens in the real world are you going to try and run away aswell? Think about it bro, you enjoy this community and game don't be stupid.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If anyone knows what it's like to be underrated and considered garbage no matter what, it's me. I bet most people still think I'm bad even though I've been beasting it up lately in both singles and teams. Oh well.

Just keep playing, Chibo. Don't let n00bs makes you quit.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I'm bored.

I bet if i look through this entire thread, i wont find a stupider post than this one.

most ridiculous thing ever. this must be scrub mentality.

WHY WOULDNT PEOPLE TRY IN CREWS? EVERY WIN COUNTS FOR SEEDING. EVERY LITTLE POINT. IF ALLY WENT AND 2-0D EVERYONE IN 2ND ROUND OF POOLS WHILE M2K LOST SOME GAMES AND A SET BUT STILL GOT 1ST SEED, YOU THINK HED GET 1ST SEED AND BRACKET? HELL NO. THATD BE DUMB AND UNFAIR

SMH

word to big bird.
I shouldn't even reply to this since STUPIDER is not a word, school is calling you back summer has gone on long enough for you.

anywayz

I was joking so calm yourself young boy maybe when u qoute something it should be the whole thing....I've alwayz put poolz as counting but the PAnel has stated other wise...

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I was joking so calm yourself young boy maybe when u qoute something it should be the whole thing....I've alwayz put poolz as counting but the PAnel has stated other wise...
no pools count just not as much as the national bracket

imo it should be

National Bracket
Pools R2/Regional
Pools R1/Local
MM's

@Smurf: Your mm at furys doesn't count since the inner area mm's.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
no pools count just not as much as the national bracket

imo it should be

National Bracket
Pools R2/Regional
Pools R1/Local
MM's

@Smurf: Your mm at furys doesn't count since the inner area mm's.
Your right I wrote it wrong. we never put a inner area thing into affect just inner crewz...

at least im pretty sure thats what we said..

M@v

Subarashii!
Well if that's the case with atomsks falco, smurf is hella inconsistent/can't adapt to different styles in the mu

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Level of importance for rankings:

Tournament (bracket)
Pools
MM

Seriously its not hard guys ^ look @ that order <3.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Well if that's the case with atomsks falco, smurf is hella inconsistent/can't adapt to different styles in the mu
why because i lost to you.....Get over yourself i honestly didn't care. I recently beat ORionz falco in tourey who was nothing like atomsk own i suppose i can't adapt

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I shouldn't even reply to this since STUPIDER is not a word, school is calling you back summer has gone on long enough for you.

anywayz

lmaooo potfillers are just increasing in size in this community. its so amazing. i wish i was active.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
@ksizzle... i meant md/va. i thought someone told me that mm's didnt count in NJ but when i thought about it further, it was tant who i spoke to and he said md/va doesnt count them. oops, minor mistake.

M@v

Subarashii!
You've lost to xzax and lie?(I think or was that fury).

Also orion uses falco?

Anyway. Good job beating atomsk I was wrong. Its going to count as a win anyway so I shouldn't even of brought it up. Everytime I post I piss someone off these days.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
You've lost to xzax too though,(from what I've heard, if imm wrong ignore this)
Anyway. Good job beating atomsk I was wrong. Its going to count as a win anyway so I shouldn't even of brought it up. Everytime I post I piss someone off these days.
You say unnecessary things alot.

Btw after the new ranking's are discussed I'm going to talk to the panel about adding you and Xzax to it if possible, I want the panel expanded.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ok that works. I have to think more before I post. :3

I'm hoping next period I can get more central pa people to be active as well. There's quite a few penn state players that are inactive/don't travel (umbra/kruton/rev/etc.)

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Stupider still isnt a wrd.

I never lost to xzax falco as mk..... He ***** my snake though

nd lie isnt bad so not sure y u brought him up. He's better then u.

Top Bottom