• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
honestly the PA power rankings are looking like if the season ended today.

1.vex

squall, Smurf, TUSM, MIB, Chibo Xzax, Fury, M@v "in no order". Dont know who the tenth person would be "if the season ended today". I would say kingtoon but tourney wise this season he didnt place well at all. "he did beat junebug in a 5$ mm but that is it".

Also tourney placings should really count alot this season i mean really.
Tourny placings won't that much since people could loose to m2k and ally and get last lol

M@v

Subarashii!
Add Kingtoon to mib's 9 and that sounds right. I have no freaking idea on the order they should all be in though ;3(except vex)

Squall should still be top 3 though I think. If he would stop blowing himself up with c4 he could be 2nd of first for sure :chuckle:

Have to wait for everyone to submit all their stuff.

M@v

Subarashii!
we have to decide if raleigh/ harrisburg is going to be on this period. Kinda important before we start arguing, since almost all of us plan to go to one of them.

@ .com

I think you placed higher than me at apex. Chibo saw how my pool was bull**** though lol.(Going 4-2 and NOT making it out >.<)
Otherwise I have MLG, where none of us did spectacular(yay seeding)
Then I got 2 3rds and a 5th.

mms
PR wins would be chibo smurf and nasty, and king beef/Kingz/Mister Eric if your going OoS.

The only wins I can think of over people others people lost to atm would be tantatlus, who fury lost to, and future, who smurf lost to. There's probably some people I've lost to that others have beaten though.

I'll have to go back and try to remember everyone I beat in bracket(I.E finding the tio files).

M@v

Subarashii!
We have to talk about this; a lot of people did well this time around. Im hoping I can add some more md/va names to my wins list after the harrisburg tourney.

M@v

Subarashii!
What are chibo's wins to justify top 3? I think he should be top 5 for sure, but i dunno about top 3 or not.

inb4 sandbagging brood, unless he was seriously THAT bad at the mu

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol mav im easy top 3, heres a brief rundown of what iv got
prawn x2
omni
brood
rain
dr grandpa
hinkage
ed/scarylb
gunblade
mintyflesh
gimr
yoshq
smurf

i think i have more but im drawing a blank

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Idk it's touchy vex.. I mean if it doesn't count then any mm I'm in imma quit out if I'm losing so that it doesn't count... Im. 50/50 on the topic at this point

M@v

Subarashii!
exactly....no one should even be discussing anything atm, because the season isnt over until september.

Except....who's the panel going to be this time around? O.o

mib004

Smash Ace
lol mav im easy top 3, heres a brief rundown of what iv got
prawn x2
omni
brood
rain
dr grandpa
hinkage
ed/scarylb
gunblade
mintyflesh
gimr
yoshq
smurf

i think i have more but im drawing a blank
BUT HOW MANY of those wins were mm? Which of those wins were pools cause dosent bracket count more? What are ur tourney placings? u have good wins but which ones were bracket. Chibo u have bad loses also and u ranked #2 so u gotta count that. Squall/vex has great wins and good tourney placings i think they may be easy 1 and 2 and TUSM whipped a$$ this season he beat some really good people also just saying :ohwell:

M@v

Subarashii!
TUSM beat me. Granted I probably shouldnt of played him right after I mm'd rain(my hands were still shaking a bit, close set), but he still would of had a good chance of winning even if I waited. I decided to play then so no johns.

Im being quite serious here too, if he keeps it up, he could get to co18 level in the near future. He wasnt that much worse.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
BUT HOW MANY of those wins were mm? Which of those wins were pools cause dosent bracket count more? What are ur tourney placings? u have good wins but which ones were bracket. Chibo u have bad loses also and u ranked #2 so u gotta count that. Squall/vex has great wins and good tourney placings i think they may be easy 1 and 2 and TUSM whipped a$$ this season he beat some really good people also just saying :ohwell:
omg im so tired of hearing squall for second wen my winz outclass him and so do xzax....He beat chibo (mm) xzax(mm) snakee(i think in tourney) nakat (tourney) fury (mm) lie tourney...

HOw does that beat xzax who has KT (tourney) takeover(tourney) smash64(tourney) Lie(mm) chibo mm....

I have Kt x2(mm) tusm(mm) squall (mm) atomsk (tourney) doom (tourney) xzax (mm) fujita (tourney) sim(mm)......

Even fury got winz on snakee lie sin kt inui kai Rizinkor Rookie xzax.......

ya man squall isnt 2nd srry...its between chibo xzax and myself and then fury nd squall...atm i think vex has 1st but its too hard to say w/o it written on paper

mib004

Smash Ace
TUSM is good, if he take the game serious he would be a top 3 in the state. i think, he is smart as hell in this game.

he beat.

cura
kid goggles
slikvik
bigm
sin
deez
dapuffster
bmx
jerm
ebo
m@v

idk the rest but he got some good *** wins

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the best win hes got there is jerm, though tusms list does look nice

my MMs were minty smurf and rain, the rest our tourney

how come when i beat brood everyones on my case all of a sudden about pools not counting anywhere near as much n **** or like who cares it was pools. in the nj thread when listing their wins they put all their pools in with all of their other tourney wins with no distinguishment, and when we discussed pools at the end of last season, everyone always said how elimination pools at national tourneys are serious business. brood got 2nd at that tourney beating m2k and ally, my win over him in tourney is by far the best win in the state yet. im not trying to say im first, im just trying to quiet people who are downplaying my accomplishments. also idk why people keep saying omni is garbz. why is that, cause hes a mk that lost to a rob? he beat korn in losers at the same tourney. but yea since I beat him he prob sucks and its not a good win i suppose... and on the topic of rain not caring, who cares? i mean if this is the situation then im'a just forfeit every MM im bout to lose and say i dont care. i was a full stock ahead vs his mk (who i did more than fine against game 1) before he stopped the match and "stopped caring" and even offered to redo the entire 3rd match later. and obviously he had something to lose, the $5 - which is why we said MMs have to be at least $5 in the first place (since that's what we determined to be the limit to where people "care" or not). but w/e we can fully discuss it come rankings time but if its ruled against me then i might as well forfeit every match next season when im losing on the third game so I have no losses for the whole season.

lol no one is arguing my wins over prawn, dr g, gunblade, ed, and hinkage despite them being pools, only brood. because brood HAD to have been sandbagging if he lost to chibo

-_-

M@v

Subarashii!
@ smurf. Atomsk went falco on you if I remember right. And his Falco is nowhere near as good as his other characters. But I guess thats his dumb fault.

@chibo. I find it funny your complaining about people "downplaying" your accomplishments(since people brought up pools not counting as much), because if I remember right you brought up discussion of mms not counting as much right after I beat you in an mm.
Just saying.

But, I totally agree with you on the issue though; pools should count as much, they are tournament matches. Dont even begin to try and tell me people sandbag in pools at nationals, unless they've locked up an advancement seed.

Also, Brood ***** ally, and beat m2k. No offense chibo your good, but nowhere near their level yet That's why everyone thinks he sandbagged.

mib004

Smash Ace
squall beat

seph
blackanese
vinnie
"Japan diddy"
Lie
West coast marth player
Some bowser dude
M@v
Delta Cod
chibo
Snakee
xzax
HIS TOURNEY PLACINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS is good Count thattttttttttttttt.
He MADE IT INTO BRACKET AT A NATIONAll COUNT THAT and got 33rd.
HE HAS NO BAD LOSSES remember those count.
Just saying yall counting all these mm when bracket matches count better and he outplaces everyone except vex most of the time soooooooooo?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
how come when i beat brood everyones on my case all of a sudden about pools not counting anywhere near as much n **** or like who cares it was pools. in the nj thread when listing their wins they put all their pools in with all of their other tourney wins with no distinguishment, and when we discussed pools at the end of last season, everyone always said how elimination pools at national tourneys are serious business. brood got 2nd at that tourney beating m2k and ally, my win over him in tourney is by far the best win in the state yet. im not trying to say im first, im just trying to quiet people who are downplaying my accomplishments. also idk why people keep saying omni is garbz. why is that, cause hes a mk that lost to a rob? he beat korn in losers at the same tourney. but yea since I beat him he prob sucks and its not a good win i suppose... and on the topic of rain not caring, who cares? i mean if this is the situation then im'a just forfeit every MM im bout to lose and say i dont care. i was a full stock ahead vs his mk (who i did more than fine against game 1) before he stopped the match and "stopped caring" and even offered to redo the entire 3rd match later. and obviously he had something to lose, the $5 - which is why we said MMs have to be at least $5 in the first place (since that's what we determined to be the limit to where people "care" or not). but w/e we can fully discuss it come rankings time but if its ruled against me then i might as well forfeit every match next season when im losing on the third game so I have no losses for the whole season.

lol no one is arguing my wins over prawn, dr g, gunblade, ed, and hinkage despite them being pools, only brood. because brood HAD to have been sandbagging if he lost to chibo

-_-
NJ also doesn't count MM's for PR, so if you wanna argue to be like NJ, then your wins on minty, smurf, and rain wouldn't count.

@ smurf. Atomsk went falco on you if I remember right. And his Falco is nowhere near as good as his other characters. But I guess thats his dumb fault.

@chibo. I find it funny your complaining about people "downplaying" your accomplishments(since people brought up pools not counting as much), because if I remember right you brought up discussion of mms not counting as much right after I beat you in an mm.
Just saying.

Also, Brood ***** ally, and beat m2k. No offense chibo your good, but nowhere near their level yet That's why everyone thinks he sandbagged.
This whole post is just moronic. Firstly, Atomsk's falco is legit, or he wouldn't have gone him in tourney. He at least thought he could win w/ falco, which he did win Game 1. Atomsk stayed falco bc he felt he could win after winning Game 1, however, Smurf gave him the S.U.B. to win the second game. Game 3, Atomsk went mk, which smurf won. You gonna tell me Atomsk doesn't have a good mk? **** outta here. I'm sure Atomsk would attest to it that it was a legit win considered he was quite perturbed after the loss.

Secondly, Chibo had stated that "mm's shouldn't count as much" before this season even started, not after losing to you. His loss against you would not make him argue differently. 1.) Wins > Losses and 2.) It's a mm loss, which doesn't affect him that much.

Lastly, even if he beat a "sandbagging" Brood, he still won. You can not prove that Brood was sandbagging. Even if he was, it shouldn't be brought up or even be an issue, a win is a win.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Just saying.

But, I totally agree with you on the issue though; pools should count as much, they are tournament matches. Dont even begin to try and tell me people sandbag in pools at nationals, unless they've locked up an advancement seed.

I had been for MMs not counting at all since we debated it at the end of last season, and since they count I'm going to reap the benefits while I still can.
Even though I'm not on the level of Ally and M2K, it's perfectly logical that Ally and M2K don't know the Olimar matchup as well as I do (very true in the case of M2K, not as much so for Ally), and most importantly that Brood has very little, if not no matchup experience for ROB, or is used to a different style of ROB. Infact, generally everyone outside of Atl North and Canada (lol I wonder why) is fairly bad at the ROB matchup overall.

NJ also doesn't count MM's for PR, so if you wanna argue to be like NJ, then your wins on minty, smurf, and rain wouldn't count.
NJ does count MMs for PR, but iirc their amount is $10, not $5. Or maybe its $5 in state and $10 for oos or reversed? I forget. I know they do count them though.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord

Just saying.

@Xzax- its gonna be interesting cuzz a lot of peoole in PA got madd legit winz lol..WE stepping it up son!!

POint.............................HIs falco is pretty good seeing as how it beat Anti IN TOURNEY, and don't tell me anti doesn't kno the falco Mu after seeing what he did to sk92 in crewz and the mm....

NO one can take Chibo's win on brood away thats retarted guyz stp hating. We alll kno brood is 20x better but he clearly had NO knowledge of the ROb mu if he got 2-0'd by chibo (no offense) and that cannot be held against chibz..

CHibo u did tell mav after u lost to him and everyone else that brought up your lose that mmz don't count as much and winz over losses so0 u did down play his win on you...

And so0o what if omni beat Korn that one win makes him a good win for YOu?? like inui said MD/va playerz beat MD/VA playerz allll the time but only a select few (boss PS candy chu) do anything outside of they state(S)...

Poolz count but not as much as tourney not even at a national level and not even 1st round of poolz at that. THis was the decission of the Panel.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i didn't bean Korn. he forfeited.

also this argument is dumb. i got owned by a toon link who was at 150% at my 0%. of course i'm garbz.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I live 20 mins from PA, i should just attend PA tournaments non-stop, maybe I can get on a rankings list, that would be cool

This discussion is silly btw, how do you accurately rank rain and brood in comparison to PA players, I don't think those wins should count since they aren't truly ranked and you only have one tournament to judge their skill

Now after today we'll see what Brood does and that might provide a better comparision.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
cura
kid goggles
slikvik
bigm
sin
deez
dapuffster
bmx
jerm
ebo
m@v
Actually, I lost to KidGoggles, and I never played BMX. but, I do have wins over Dark Peach and KiraFlax, plus one or two more ranked NYS players.

@Chibo: I have always thought that pools matches shouldn't count THAT much solely because of the sandbagging controversy we have going on now. The fact of the matter is Chibo beat Brood, and there's no way to prove he was sandbagging or not.

About the Rain situation, he at least took a game off of him in a serious set. That can't be completely ignored if you ask me. And whoever said that they would quit an MM just because they were losing, it obviously means you were down in the set, ao again, it should mean something, no matter how minute it is.

Holy sh*t, I did good as sh*t this season. Get@me.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
@Xzax- its gonna be interesting cuzz a lot of peoole in PA got madd legit winz lol..WE stepping it up son!!

POint.............................HIs falco is pretty good seeing as how it beat Anti IN TOURNEY, and don't tell me anti doesn't kno the falco Mu after seeing what he did to sk92 in crewz and the mm....

NO one can take Chibo's win on brood away thats retarted guyz stp hating. We alll kno brood is 20x better but he clearly had NO knowledge of the ROb mu if he got 2-0'd by chibo (no offense) and that cannot be held against chibz..

CHibo u did tell mav after u lost to him and everyone else that brought up your lose that mmz don't count as much and winz over losses so0 u did down play his win on you...

And so0o what if omni beat Korn that one win makes him a good win for YOu?? like inui said MD/va playerz beat MD/VA playerz allll the time but only a select few (boss PS candy chu) do anything outside of they state(S)...

Poolz count but not as much as tourney not even at a national level and not even 1st round of poolz at that. THis was the decission of the Panel.
Never played SK92 in crews.

And i didn't know the Falco M.U at the time.

I learned it before Prototype.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
My wins:
Takeover
Kingtoon
Smash64
Praxis
ssr
Remix
Pimpinferno
Kid