• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I dont listen to it either, but its just good

Theres no such thing as right taste in music but there is music that meshes with a character and meshes with melee
Both do not do it for me, it's not the truth. I see Ganon in a different perspective. The only way people are going to understand each other is if they simply discard their bias and stop talking about things that only they like.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I MEAN I GUESS

I think you guys are just Hatin!
Nah.. I just don't like it. Sup. The combo video itself is amazing though.

Call me when that happens, Kage
Heh.. ya that's only in a dream world though. =) Apparently, though we were all supposed to be like this right now but, the society is reducing our true potential as humans.. making us work like robots and not think about how to become a great person. That's definitely true.

0Room

Smash Lord
Nah I just think that every person has to reach that kind of enlightenment themselves
And the fact is, not everyone will.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Heh.. ya that's only in a dream world though. =) Apparently, though we were all supposed to be like this right now but, the society is reducing our true potential as humans.. making us work like robots and not think about how to become a great person. That's definitely true.
Nah I just think that every person has to reach that kind of enlightenment themselves
And the fact is, not everyone will.
That's partially true in that it prohibits you taking certain "free" actions and things that would help you improve yourself and become a great person sooner. However, a big part of society/working is also teaching us to be resposible for our own actions and to learn how to care for things that are not ourselves (eg: wife, families, homes). There are definite lessons to be learned which life beats into you in slow painful ways.

Overall, I strongly agree though. Unless you are continually looking for mental stimulation, taking advantage of your spare time, thinking deeply/analyzing even while busy, then you will not reach your potential. More importantly though, you need to realize THE MEANS by which you can utilize your full potential.

The other fact is there are plenty of types of people who lack the influences and catalysts to aspire to bigger/broader thinking, and flatly, a lot of people who lack the intelligence to become self aware. That is, objectively self aware enough to process and adapt from the OVERWHELMING AMOUNT of knowledge via sensory input received.

Again, the sick part is, since no one has your exact experiences/background/mental states, no one can drop it on you. You have to process it all, like Alex was getting at.

A sad truth that advice is useful in an inception kinda way; people rarely EVER do anything major based solely on somebody else's opinions by the time they have reached adulthood. Even when you've reached or seen glimpses of "enlightenment" (is the correct word but has wacky connotations to people who don't understand what I mean) it's still soooo hard some days to keep focused on it. You cannot possibly know enough ever, you cannot always be purposeful and focused, you cannot be the calm center of the universe internally and externally all the time. The human condition is ****ing infuriating.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Since I don't know what else to do for Chris' birthday, I figure I'll let him come in here and start some Ganon-related topic and I could mull it over with him if he wants. =)

We could go over Kage vs Jman too. I could tell you about stuff dat dood did wrong oh ya.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you didn't do that on my birthday
why don't you love me kevin

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I am absent minded and terrible and a lot of other things. <3333

I don't remember when your birthday was(<.<) but if you want me to do something like this for your birthday now or soon or something different then let me know. =)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
in person
i don't know how to do things by reading text

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOOOOL I'll say some stuff about it tonight since you asked, but if Chris wants me to do it in such a way that it helps him then it'll change how I do it. =)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yo, i got family over, but i'll definitely look over that set again at some point tonight. i have seen it, and i do have a few things that i know i currently do differently, and would do differently in the future regarding the fox matchup.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Josh with that real talk.
Thanks TJ. Glad you know what's up about that particular topic. :]

Also, I don't think I'm going to make a thread about Summer Smash event (the proposed Summer equivalent of the Christmas Smashfest at my house) for keeping everything on the Earl Holiday for obvious reasons. ;]

But would you guys be able to make it if I did it this upcoming Saturday or perhaps the weekend following?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Gunstar Heroes is easily on of my top 3 favorite games of all time. tied with Jet Grind Radio, and Shenmue.

It's insane.

It's a caraaaaazeh run n gun shooter like metal slug. except like a million times better.

and shut up lucas! i wasn't even doing anything good! lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Gunstar Heroes is easily on of my top 3 favorite games of all time. tied with Jet Grind Radio, and Shenmue.

It's insane.

It's a caraaaaazeh run n gun shooter like metal slug. except like a million times better.
I haven't even heard the 2 other games you mentioned.. but I did play Gunstar Heroes.. I thought it was too easy.. lol.

Top Bottom