• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

0Room

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtZAm9DG7DE&feature=feedu

my set vs sneak.

he couldve 2-0'd me. but i loved this set. you guys should watch it.
Now I'm not a Ganon player, but three things.

1) I noticed that the amount of stomps you used correlated directly with how much **** you were causing.
[I know that has nothing to do with anything, it was just something I noticed]
but I mean DEAR LORD you killed him at 65% with two stomps into an USMASH! That seems like good stuff to me!

2) Techhhhhhh the ledgeeeeeeeeeeeeee
3:14, 6:33 [though you were uairing at the time], and 7:30 you could have teched all of those. [though 7:30 is a bit of a stretch]
Smash DI that **** into a WALLTECH TO A WARLOCK PUNCHHHHHHHH
But in all seriousness, watch for those and tech them.

3) I dunno if this is a Ganon tactic or not, but you spent a LOT of time in your shield. to the point where your first was bigger than your shield.
I dunno if you noticed, but towards the end of the second match he'd do some shines into a grab. That's when it's time to change.
don't get me wrong I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but I'm just trying to point out some things I think you should notice.

I hope I helped you at all! Good luck in your next matches man.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah...im not that good yet. The shinegrab isn't possible to really do anything about though. I usually stay in my shield cause I know ryan will do something as soon as he thinks I'll leave it. Ganon doesn't really have any good ways out of shield that falco can't react to.

I'm normally really good at wallteching. Just ask about anyone in the state. He mustve waited till I was above the stage to hit me. Idk.

gettin better. Just gotta make better decisions and find my own ways out of pressure.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I never expect the shinegrab :(

I always expect shine nair mindgames where if I roll after the shine I'm screwed. *sigh* this game...
Welcome to Fox/Falco.

Either way, that's the gamble. If you know they're proficient at shinegrabbing, you'll have to mix your OoS response up. They have options for either response though so if they expect you to roll, they'll nair or whatever and if they expect you to stay in sheild, they'll just grab you.

Or they could just multishine your shield and you can't do ****. :/

****ing spacies. So dumb.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Eff you, sneak.

In slightly related news, I was playing one of my friends with items. Peach+screw attack+FCNair= **** your sheild/if you roll, I throw the screw attack, you fly upwards and can't do anything on the way down so I can run over and doodoo on you. Holy crap, FC is sooooo good with items. What the ****. I wanna start recording my stuff with items.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i once was studying and i swear i heard sneak do a multishine of at least 8. by the time i looked up it was over but i just looked at ashley to see if she heard it too and was just like...dam.

man **** that guy.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'd say the third one is useful. i often roll after the second one, assuming a doubleshine, and ryan occasionally catches me with the third shine. its rather inconvenient, since i play ganon, and one shine can result in...well anything.

just nothing good.

anything after three should just be flashiness in between stocks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol wtf

Don't know why he wouldn't just grab instead of do 2 more shines. I guess if he can condition people to double shines then he can do whatever he wants after that.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well shine grab is better i guess, but if you wanna hit them with a shine before they can roll, i guess thats where multishines come in. i guess if they use the tactic of buffering a roll after the first shine to avoid a shinegrab, then the second shine will hit instead. idk. but it works. cuz i play ganon.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Conflicting schedules. When I wanted to play, no one was able to. When other people wanted me to play, I couldn't. I had just moved to raleigh around that time and was getting situated and stuff.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I was gonna watch that later when I was eating something.

Maybe I'll watch it now.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I can already tell you Shroomed doesn't know what he's doing in that set or he would've won because that matchup SUCKS for Pikachu.

Top Bottom