• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
haha nahh smith you dont get to meet her, i don't want her to think she's at a ****in daycare now
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Double AND Cross posting my story of terror, feel nothing.

The Setup:

Last night I ventured over to my friend Christen Jones' apartment to enjoy his company and possibly play some Smash. After watching a RBA WR run on OoT (go watch this if you haven't, it's effing amazing), Chris, Justin (Chris' roommate who plays) and I decided that we should play some Melee.

We pop in the game and for some reason we just decided to play with items on and at a lot of random banned stages (Falco is **** at almost all of them, fyi). Soon we found ourselves playing exclusively on Kongo Jungle (the waterfall).

Now I don't know if you know this (I had never really played here) but there is a river god on this stage. This is a pertinent bit of information. So every once in a while, whilst doing crazy multi platform combos (seriously, that stage is combo city for Falco), I kept seeing occasional flashes of orange. At one point, we decided to three for all and there became a constant struggle to maintain control of the rock on the far right side. In the middle of endless shenanigans, I hear Chris say "OH GOD HERE HE COMES" and I almost freaked because this sun soaked leviathan of the deep missed me by inches.

For those of you who don't know, and as I explained to them, I have a deep seeded fear of sea creatures (read: sharks and sea snakes etc) so water stages with stuff that can bite/eat you always freak me out (like the water stages from Mario 64 for example). So while still chuckling at this turn of events, Justin and I (I believe) returned in a Falco ditto to Kongo Jungle.

The moment:

As our battle raged, an eerie feeling still loomed over the map, a recollection of the great waterfall's beast's failure. This could not be tolerated. I had not seen him for the entire match, until I heard Chris gasp and say "Oh god". I saw the little flash of orange off in the corner, but I was in the middle of the stage. Where I could be safer? But as we arrived back to the bottle platform, I saw another flash of orange and once again Chris spoke..."Holy ****". Suddenly, just as I began a combo, it happened.

FROM THE DEPTHS OF HIS WATERY HELL, THE RIVER GOD HAD JUMPED INTO THE BARREL AND BIDED HIS TIME, AND IN MY MOMENT OF VULNERABILITY, LAUNCHED HIMSELF STRAIGHT UP INTO THE CENTER OF THE STAGE AND KILLED ME

And I LITERALLY screamed and threw my controller across the room. I have NEVER in my life been more TERRIFIED playing Melee, and never have I heard Chris, Justin and Tyler (Chris' other roommate who plays) laugh harder. Justin even paused right when it happened so there was a midair shot of Falco floundering in the air, with that sun stained horror still looming, jaw agape, below him.

I have seen fear.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh my ****ing god XD laughed in the middle of class.

good **** josh.

am i reading this right? the river god landed in the barrel? that's possible?

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
kongo jungle 64 is a CP.

they're talking about the Melee Kongo Jungle, which is the one on the waterfall.

at my melee biweeklies it will be legal.

and a neutral in fact.... HMMHMMHMMMMMMMMMM!! (curls giant mustache)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
NC should make kongo jungle legal, and take josh there every match.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
NC should make kongo jungle legal, and take josh there every match.
I wish people would. That's probably my favorite stage in the game now and Falco is a MONSTER on it. I was doing shine waveland combos from the main stage to the top platforms and then comboing over to the other side. Also, you can do ridiculous tricksies on the rock on the far right (edge cancels <3).

Someone should agree to play a tournament set with me on nothing but Kongo Jungle.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
I wish people would. That's probably my favorite stage in the game now and Falco is a MONSTER on it. I was doing shine waveland combos from the main stage to the top platforms and then comboing over to the other side. Also, you can do ridiculous tricksies on the rock on the far right (edge cancels <3).

Someone should agree to play a tournament set with me on nothing but Kongo Jungle.
ill do it

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I'll think about it.

Then again, I dunno how I'd feel about a Fox camping the top platform on my ICs. :/

If I ever win the first match in our tourney set if we ever play again, I'll choose Falcon and we can go to japes.

[edit]
errr

I mean Kongo Jungle

Top Bottom