• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I wish people would. That's probably my favorite stage in the game now and Falco is a MONSTER on it. I was doing shine waveland combos from the main stage to the top platforms and then comboing over to the other side. Also, you can do ridiculous tricksies on the rock on the far right (edge cancels <3).

Someone should agree to play a tournament set with me on nothing but Kongo Jungle.
You called? :cool:

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Ahhhhhhh ****

Next tournament we're all at I hope I get all three of you in a row. Most fun tourney ever.

In other news, it's been next to impossible for me to get on the PR's this session. Here are my losses:

BAC2: Mahone and Mike G (9th place)
Duke: Yay and Dop (5th)
Dylan's tourney (aka the Land of Cold hands :c): Kevin and Sneak (4th)
Duke: Yay and Dop again (5th)

I haven't lost to a single person who's actually from NC (or alternatively, who isn't a top 4 players) who since BAC1. Right off hand I remember beating Karn, DJ (twice), Jim, EWB (3 or 4 times, I feel so bad, I wish we'd stop running into each other :\), BlackChris, Daft, Keith, Gofg (with Kirby) and maybe a few more that I'm not remembering.

What am I supposed to do? :\

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Ahhhhhhh ****

Next tournament we're all at I hope I get all three of you in a row. Most fun tourney ever.

In other news, it's been next to impossible for me to get on the PR's this session. Here are my losses:

I haven't lost to a single person who's actually from NC (or alternatively, who isn't a top 4 players) who since BAC1. Right off hand I remember beating Karn, DJ (twice), Jim, EWB (3 or 4 times, I feel so bad, I wish we'd stop running into each other :\), BlackChris, Daft, Keith, Gofg (with Kirby) and maybe a few more that I'm not remembering.

ohh and when we do it i just hacked my wii to play a hacked version of melee, you can play as captain falco

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Ahhhhhhh ****

how do u think i feel? there are like 7 different oos moving to NC soon, not to mention ***** *** craig.

If i ever get to WF again it will be a miracle. :(

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
Ahhhhhhh ****

from what i can tell it's mostly just seeding problems which won't get better till you consistently place well at tourneys which isn't easy considering seeding buuuuuut, you know...i still love you. :oneeye:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I wouldn't even call those seeding problems...

he's losing to second and third and getting 5th. I don't really see the problem in that. Unless he's just stating the fact that he hasn't played sets against twitch, cam, stingers, THO, and foxy, I don't see where there's a problem.

I guess this is where those new playoffs that we didn't start doing were supposed to come in.

lord karn

Smash Master
the losses you have put you in good shape for the prs. . .

However, some of those you listed are from last period, so they won't count this next period

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
My issue is that I would like to be on the PR's. I've placed consistently high at the last 4 tournaments during or around this period.

BAC2: Lost to Mahone (17th superhighnotwarmedupjohnsjohns) and WAY later, Mike G (3rd)
Duke: Lost to 2nd and 3rd
Dylan's: Lost to 1st and 2nd
Duke: Lost to 2nd and 3rd (took a match off of Yay even though that's irrelevant)

It's a seeding issue in the sense that I have not been given the opportunity to beat the people that I need to beat to get on the PR's. Austin doesn't come to tourneys hardly, Alex F barely makes 1 a period, Cam barely enters 1 a period (even though he should be #5 or higher unquestionably), Twitch barely makes it to 1 a period, and David shows sometimes and I haven't played him in tourney in forever.

I understand that I haven't beaten the people I need to to get on the PR's but my issue is that it hasn't really been possible. I've attended every tourney that's happened and placed very well. I'm not complaining so much as just trying to bring this to the attention of the panel. I've worked VERY hard to improve and done all I was capable of as of right now.

Smith: Bring it on, boy. :083:

EDIT: Alex: I realize that my win over you was considered to be last period, but as you are the only non-top 4 PR'd player I've even gotten to PLAY in tourney, I felt it was at least pertinent for consideration.

lord karn

Smash Master
Sometimes all you need is one good win to get on the prs if you don't have any bad losses. I mean, we haven't had too much for this period yet, but as is I'd say you'd probably be one of the lower spots on the prs right now.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Also, not that anyone asked me, but these are my opinion of the PR's based on what I know of wins and I guess just personal opinion:

1. Sir Nanney of Gym Shorts the 1st
2 or 3. Yay or Dop
4. Adam
5 or 6. Cam or Twitch
7 or 8. Sneak or Stingers
9 or 10. Me or THO/Karn

Ties:

I think Yay and Dop are even in sets right now.

Neither has much data, but both placed high with decent wins (personal opinion puts Cam higher if he's playing well, and I THINK Cam beat Twitch last time they played).

Sneak and Stingers both have wins over me (Sneak at Dylan's, Stingers at least in an MM and BAC1) and I think Alex beat Alex and David as well. Not sure about Sneak. Given the data I remember, by Alex then Ryan but that would be close.

I can't remember David or Alex's records toooooo well right off hand, but that's my best guess.

lord karn

Smash Master
Stingers has only been to bac2 this period and I think he had some bad losses. Sneak also lost to dj and jim, but I don't think he beat anyone at all. David hasn't entered yet this period. I beat foxy, lost to jim, cam, pp and lozr. I don't really know how bad of a loss mahone should count as compared to foxy.

1. pp
2. yay (only has lost to pp so far)
3. dop (lost to mike g and yay twice this period)
4. adam
5. twitch
6. cam (beat me)
7/8. me/you
9. dj
10 not enough data

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Also, not that anyone asked me, but these are my opinion of the PR's based on what I know of wins and I guess just personal opinion:

1. Sir Nanney of Gym Shorts the 1st
2 or 3. Yay or Dop
4. Adam
5 or 6. Cam or Twitch
7 or 8. Sneak or Stingers
9 or 10. Me or THO/Karn

Ties:

I think Yay and Dop are even in sets right now.

Neither has much data, but both placed high with decent wins (personal opinion puts Cam higher if he's playing well, and I THINK Cam beat Twitch last time they played).

Sneak and Stingers both have wins over me (Sneak at Dylan's, Stingers at least in an MM and BAC1) and I think Alex beat Alex and David as well. Not sure about Sneak. Given the data I remember, by Alex then Ryan but that would be close.

I can't remember David or Alex's records toooooo well right off hand, but that's my best guess.
Only person I've lost to this period has been Kevin. 2-0 against Dop, 2-0 against Adam.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Stingers has only been to bac2 this period and I think he had some bad losses. Sneak also lost to dj and jim, but I don't think he beat anyone at all. David hasn't entered yet this period. I beat foxy, lost to jim, cam, pp and lozr. I don't really know how bad of a loss mahone should count as compared to foxy.

1. pp
2. yay (only has lost to pp so far)
3. dop (lost to mike g and yay twice this period)
4. adam
5. twitch
6. cam (beat me)
7/8. me/you
9. dj
10 not enough data
Okay, that fills in the holes for me. I guess Alex beat David last period then; I'll go look at the BAC2 bracket to see who he and Twitch lost to. Sneak's losses to two non-pr'd players kinda do keep him from being ranked though to be fair, he did at least beat me...though I'm not PR'd. Mahone is OoS (and a Jiggs -_- jk) so I didn't know that it would count towards NC PR's but I don't know exactly how that works.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol thats who you lost to first stingers?

i'm surprised. KP is pretty smart, but i figured your peach would be able to take him down.

josh, you will probably end up pr'd. you rank directly above dj, and you lack the losses to be considered below stingers and THO.

edit: yeah stingers went mewtwo vs me lol. but you played kirby vs gofg, so i don't see whats so funny...

KP is good...generally better than me probably...although i took his money in a bo5 :)

lord karn

Smash Master
oh yeah, jim should be on my list somewhere. either above or below me, I'm not sure what his losses are, or his wins other than me

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
lol thats who you lost to first stingers?

i'm surprised. KP is pretty smart, but i figured your peach would be able to take him down.

josh, you will probably end up pr'd. you rank directly above dj, and you lack the losses to be considered below stingers and THO.

edit: yeah stingers went mewtwo vs me lol. but you played kirby vs gofg, so i don't see whats so funny...

KP is good...generally better than me probably...although i took his money in a bo5 :)
Yeah, I'm actually a little surprised Alex lost to KP as well but Marth/Peach is weird like that.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well, but I was trying to be reasonably humble since I lost haven't beat either in tourney before and I think they are both very talented (yes, I said two Peach players were talented).

I guess the difference is that Mewtwo is so big and has no approach anyway so I imagine the Ganon match up is probably among his worst. Kirby has no good match ups anyway, but John and I made an agreement on the way to the tourney that if he wouldn't play IC's (I didn't want to get CG'd and he didn't want to get camped) against me, I would play Kirby and I won. I guess I thought it was mostly funny because it seemed like Alex always jokes about getting off the PR's anyway, so picking Mewtwo vs Ganon in losers bracket is kinda humorous.

And good **** beating KP. I still think Ganon beats Marth (just sayin!) but still, it's certainly not easy. You make me proud, boy.

Zach: Thanks :]

Smith: D:

EDIT: Alex W, I beat Jim at the first Duke this period (I think). Not sure about his other stuff but WOW good ****, Jim for his run at BAC2.

EDIT2: Alex F, I have a few ideas about that match up (I only play Peach kinda casually but I've beaten EMB, Matt Dai, and Lucas' Marth a good bit with her. You should REALLY talk to Aasem about it though. I saw him **** Theo's Marth A LOT the last time I saw them play at DJ's and I know he says that's his best high tier match up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
marth peach is just my worst personal matchup. lucas's marth beat me at duke =[ i just can't figure it out lol.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
You should watch Grunz complication vids. I don't play anymore, but speedruns are so fun.
Was 3rd best at one point aaaaaah I need to get back into it.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
hey smith can u tell me where to find that OOT rba thing? i want to watch it
http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaOcarinaOfTime.html

That has the three OoT WR's.

If you can find it (or if Smith can link it) there is a video of Pokey's single segment WR RBA run with commentary by him and Jiano (top OoT player, the best MM player, and an old school amazing Falcon player from the midwest) which is really informative.

EDIT:

KP taught me how to play this game

Every time you lose to me, ur actually losing to him.
Guess that means I ain't losing to him either. :083:

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Alex, I think you can just stream it off the site but the buffer times are a little annoying. And we would totally stop and play with you if we weren't already leaving at like 6 pm tomorrow. :[

Top Bottom