• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*thinks about it*

wtf jim has a better ganon avvy than i do, stingers.

edit:...they're different? i'm confused. i'm just gonna wait it out. all i know is jim better not quit.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
They are indeed the same, Twilight Princess Ganon is the Ganon broken out of the seal made by the sages from Ocarina of Time, so he never aged.
The Wind Waker Ganon is when the seal is broken after Hyrule floods, so he wants to bring back Hyrule, but Toon Link stops him.
There's 2 timelines.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
if this turns into a timeline debate I will hang myself in public.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The beginning of WW just proves you wrong. The sealed Ganondorf was already released somehow and causing all sorts of destruction. The people took to the mountains as the goddesses flooded the land. There was no Gandondorf being released AFTER the flood.

I mean. We have an entire topic on this site on the Zelda boards talking about this, dude.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Yo I got a question for all you melee people. If marth is apparently a top tier character, why does nobody place well at tournaments with him except m2k?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
wow.

that was low.

no but seriously, marth and falco/fox in different ways, but that does not necessarily mean that one is easier than the other.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Defensive Peach is boring. Besides I don't FC well enough to Dsmash your shield.

Also dash attack is fun cuz I kept mindgaming those hits on you with it lol.
i love chasing people down and being a crazy pyscho aggressive person

also, #1 proven way to get better with peach, suck a ****, you got this pp, if need be i can help you out at like rom ;)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo I got a question for all you melee people. If marth is apparently a top tier character, why does nobody place well at tournaments with him except m2k?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

do iiiiii want to talk about thisssssssssssssssssssss

Alright, long story short, good players aren't playing much Marth these days(not a large upper echelon of players these days) and those good Marths(that aren't M2K) aren't exploiting new tactics/mechanics Marth can as well as he needs to and learning the matchups extensively.

Now, we have some Marths trying to break into the upper tier, but none of them are producing great results. M2K is barely using Marth much at all these days anyway. Someone has to start leading the way for this character.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu I love Marth someone **** with him guhhhhhhhhh

Edit: Lmfao @ Stongers.

Not doing reaction thingy til tomorrow.

MacD....gimme.

*CT*

Smash Lord
PeeeeePeeeee I mains Marrrrf in Meeeeleeee but I don't has the time to play with humans or look up the right thing to do, for me to get really good I'd need someone to train me. I also don't play him like your supposed to I guess? But I also secondary Fox :p (I kinda changed it because there are so many Fox mains in general and it is true, there aren't too many Marth mains on top level.)

Oh Karn my reaction speed was 240ish?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol. That IB guy is pretty good.

Also marth is over powered at low to mid level play but like, just another character at top level play.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
wow.

that was low.

no but seriously, marth and falco/fox in different ways, but that does not necessarily mean that one is easier than the other.
fox is easier, tech skill directly translates into a median level of combo's out of the shine ( i.e. shine WD grabs, shine WD upsmash.. ) not to mention he's already one of the fastest characters with good range and good priority

getting even more tech skill allows for the dumb**** like shinebairs and stuff... but basically if you get the tech skill options open rapidly for fox/falco

another example is the falco pillar... not explicitly hard, but its rather guaranteed and im sure PP could do it in his sleep.

Marths got good range and power but he suffers from a lack of a top-level metagame cause he's fallen off, he relys on baiting the spacies and punishing their mistakes with a stock because he should not be able to win on an open stage vs. these characters, in such a high level where people dont make many mistakes anymore marf is hard.

-opinion of a scrubby marf guy-

marth has a really easy time mid level, and a really tough time high level...

so his curve kinds looks like

where fox/falco is more linear

my reaction speed was 270.... daymn

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Random edit: My puff is terrible.
Looooool

The only time I will ever 3 stock Kevin without sd's involved.

Until we played again. :embarrass

Also: In regards to this Marth conversation, I'm fairly sure Kevin could play Marth at a regional (read: he'd definitely win a local) and place if not win. It's sooo stupidly good. :[

Comparing playing Falco and Marth is ********. They are COMPLETELY different in overall mindset and metagame. Falco is super technically challenging and requires a lot of combo knowledge and amazing reaction time to get the "auto combo 0-deaths" that everyone talks about. If you don't think Falco requires thought, you have clearly never played a really smart Fox/Sheik/Marth/Peach/Ganon because I promise just rushing them down will get you ***** and you die from every little technical error and misplacing.

Easy, my ***.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
man you just have to be a sorta smart ganon to eff up a non-technically sound falco.

its so much fun.

until the falco becomes technically sound.

then i just wanna die.

marth never makes me just wanna die.

yet he's just as fun to **** up.

hi m@

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Because Ganon beats Marth at least 55/45, probably worse at mid level play.

M2K always goes Sheik against good Ganons.

And if Falcon ***** Ganon so hard, why is it any high level Falcon/Ganon have been pretty even? I think Falcon wins, but no worse than 55/45.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I think it is 55/45 falcon.

at lucas's house you were saying it was in ganon's favor, and that I, as ganon, could approach you.

seems you do understand things good when you're not playing. That's good to see.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
whats the point of it? I feel like ledge hop fair regrab would be so much more useful in everyway.

Top Bottom