• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

vZakat

Half Genie
There's melee at ReSe? I didn't know that. I hear they're gonna have melty as well.

I can't make it though. I'm so sad. :(

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Posted this in the Pause n Play thread, but one more for good measure. I'm trying to play today at my place near Burlington. If you're heading to the tournament coming from the east, I'm on the way, about 5 mins from 40.

GofG

Smash Champion
Why does everybody like all those ****ty *** stages? There's a reason we don't play on mk2, it sucks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Are any of you guys going to Animazement? A friend of mine just reminded me of it, so I was wondering if there's going to be any Melee there. If not, I won't bother going.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
what tourneys are used for next update?
I think we had 1 or 2 NCSUs, and JMH's tourney, and maybe something else I forget.

It's probably time to update now or after this weekend lol.

MK2 is ****.

Mute City, Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar on the other hand....
Why is MK2 good?

Also I like all dem other stages but they silly.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
in attempt to start convo

i have started practicing using c stick to jump oos

i have to claw over my index finger to hit "A" for the nair but i think this is optimal due to cstick buffering jump oos stun...

thoughts?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
can you buffer a sh? if so then it seems useful. if it's weird to buffer the shorthop, than it may be better to use a jump button and slide to A, and understand when shield stun ends.

fh nair oos doesn't tend to be as useful. it's a problem i had when i messed with sheik.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
yup

u can sh with cstick but holding it up, like im doing to abuse the buffer factor, will full hop 100%

thing is

nair oos is a gtfo maneuver with no real follow ups

as long as the nair hits on the way up, i dont see a problem

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
if opponent low % they might be able to get under my full hop but w/e

i dont have anyone to play against to get a feel for shield pressure and i think this is a method that will kind of work regardless...

just hold up on cstick and tap a

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, but you have to get the nair out close to the ground or else it wont hit anything except like ganon. hitting a fox or falco out of stuff is hard with a fh nair. if you're fast enough yeah, i guess it'll come out and hit things on the way up, but it seems easier to get it out in a place to hit people in the jaw if you short hop.

it should work though. also, you should try to upsmash some haters oos. i try it with ganon and it's funny.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
another thing with cstick

hold left or right to buffer rolls

pretty ****in good imo

even allows u to di your shield one way and frame perfect roll the other for pro rolling maneuvers...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
fine, i'll back air *shrug* or just play fox.

sheild di is fun. buffering rolls is fun. idk why you'd shield DI and then buffer a roll in a different direction, unless you mean holding your shield up or down and then buffering (like shielding down against peaches dsmash and rolling away)

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
sometimes your shield di gives away which direction you are going to roll...

if i want to roll away form falco pressure from the left i hold right...

he reads my shield di and dash attacks my roll

but with c stick

i can shield di left (towards him), which is probably optimum, and then roll right if i so desire

lord karn

Smash Master
full hop nair out of shield should hit most characters if you do it fast enough. However, unless they are at like 50 or 60 you will be in an awful position after.

Top Bottom